PDA

View Full Version : P207 GTI Siemens VDO Dash Valeo BSI

DiegoAC
3rd January, 2020, 09:58 PM
Hello guys...

I´ve been working on a P207 GTI and could not make the new file work, when I upload the new Km file it reads ok on the display (95K) but 2 needles stop working (RPM and oil temp). At first I thought I had broken the stepper motors when removing the needles but to my surprise they came alive after going back to the ori file.
Anyone with experience can check my files for errors? Any similar expriences?

Thanks in advance.

BR.

hivrich
4th January, 2020, 12:21 PM
Change mileage in the original file, not use a donor

stoyanov
4th January, 2020, 02:15 PM
And he will need to do bsi file too.

DiegoAC
5th January, 2020, 04:37 AM
Change mileage in the original file, not use a donorThanks for the reply hivrich but I don't follow... The files I uploaded were ori and the modifications were made over the same file, I didn't use a donor file... Is that what you meant?

BR.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) Plus mediante Tapatalk

DiegoAC
5th January, 2020, 04:41 AM
And he will need to do bsi file too.Hello stoyanov, thanks for taking the time to reply... do you mean the modifications I made to the bsi file were not correct? Could you please elaborate a bit further?

BR.

jomberykaso
5th January, 2020, 04:47 AM
you have to edit checksum in bsi

DiegoAC
5th January, 2020, 05:01 AM
you have to edit checksum in bsiHello, thanks for your help... Hmm... I don't have any other readings from the same bsi model to try to find out where the chk is. Is it 16bit? After the millage area? Before? Appreciate any help to correct it...

BR.

jomberykaso
5th January, 2020, 05:22 AM
Hivrich has reason about bad file in dash, it seems donnor file .....write these files and report

DiegoAC
5th January, 2020, 06:08 AM
Hivrich has reason about bad file in dash, it seems donnor file .....write these files and reportThanks a lot mate, I will try and report tomorrow (it's 2am sunday over here and car is at the shop).

BR.

jomberykaso
5th January, 2020, 06:11 AM
Here it's the same hour and I also speak Spanish like you...lol

DiegoAC
5th January, 2020, 06:23 AM
Here it's the same hour and I also speak Spanish like you...lolOh... So could be in the same neighbourhood hahaha... Buenas noches then.

clusters
5th January, 2020, 06:36 AM
Good nachos? :hmmmm2:

I like nachos with extra cheese and guacamole

:roflmao:

DiegoAC
5th January, 2020, 07:05 AM
Good nachos? :hmmmm2:

I like nachos with extra cheese and guacamole

[emoji23]Down south! Land of the gauchos and asado...

clusters
5th January, 2020, 07:14 AM
Well, I live in Canada, so down south to me is the land of Trump and the a$$holes

But they still habla English.

fady eid
5th January, 2020, 12:22 PM
i have faced the same problem i am a peugeot technican faced same case as yours in peugeot 406 dash vdo tried to change kilometers and after modifiy the rpm and speedometer stopped , what i have done filled the address of kilometers in dash with FFFFFF and did the change in bsi eprom

if u still not solve the problem i will help u

jomberykaso
5th January, 2020, 12:39 PM
Problem in this case is only bad edition in both files. Dash and bsi, that's all.

DiegoAC
5th January, 2020, 04:57 PM
i have faced the same problem i am a peugeot technican faced same case as yours in peugeot 406 dash vdo tried to change kilometers and after modifiy the rpm and speedometer stopped , what i have done filled the address of kilometers in dash with FFFFFF and did the change in bsi eprom

if u still not solve the problem i will help uHello mate thanks for the tip, I will try first the mod files from other members who are helping too, and if not solved I'll let You know.

BR.

DiegoAC
6th January, 2020, 06:03 PM
Here it's the same hour and I also speak Spanish like you...lol

Allright SOLVED with your files jomberyjkaso rep. added and thanks again. It was my mistake from the beginning, I was st*upid/confident enough not to review and compare the files, what you guys mentioned as donor file was not, I f*ucked it up while swapping bytes (because I was using a calculator that showed it swapped)... I was also lacking a decent way to virgin the km in BSI. Anyway lesson learned. Appreciate the help from everyone.

BR.