PDA

View Full Version : Problem writing Ford 1.6TDCi EDC16C3

jmcmrl
4th January, 2020, 08:46 PM
Hi, I'm having problems writing a file on a Ford C-Max 1.6TDCi.
I've read with galletto v54 by obd without problems, made file with egr off with corrected checksum but now I tried to write and get this error:

"Writing initialization...error SK2
Error Silentkey"

Does anyone knows what the problem might be? Hardware of tool maybe?

Thanks

drewdom
4th January, 2020, 11:38 PM
Just bdm it.

Panathaole
5th January, 2020, 07:52 AM
I have read and write this ecu by obd with mpps v18 (not China clone) without any problem

Have you use ext battery power?

bodzio012
5th January, 2020, 11:34 AM
It's depend from galetto quality

jmcmrl
5th January, 2020, 09:01 PM
Hi, thanks for your replies.
When I do R/W by obd I always use a battery charger to haver steady 13v.
I've seen many people doing this ecu by obd without problems what i think is strange is I can read without any problem so the can is working but writing isn't. I've seen my board and the majority of the components are the recommended by the hw rework list. I will try in other edc16c3 and report here if I've the same problem.
Btw do anyone knows what are the components of the pcb "used" in canline writing? I've never written by can with this galletto this was the first try.

Thanks

bodzio012
6th January, 2020, 12:04 AM
if you damage it it won't work at all, why don't read and write by bdm, this option working always and you have dump 100% good.
If your tool uncertain.

morfej
6th January, 2020, 09:07 PM
What is the hardware edc16c34-5.xx ? That one is not possible to do obd by tunning tools. Do it bdm.

jmcmrl
13th January, 2020, 06:36 PM
I've already tried in other edc16c3 ecu from a C-Max for parts and had the same result. I will do it by bdm I only wanted to know what the problem might be. Has the error that I get is because of the seedkey can it be software related?

Morfej it's and edc16c3 not a edc16c34.

Thank you all for your replies.

drewdom
13th January, 2020, 10:36 PM
Maybe it's better geting seed key error.I had bad expierence with edc16c3 using diffrent tools always some errors by obd injector codes,immo error etc.

user202
12th February, 2020, 12:28 PM
With Kess V2 EU quality (not chinese) version will be okay is there anybody has experience about? :)
Thanks