PDA

View Full Version : BMW E61 corrupted files or CAS 2 Module?

Rickex
5th January, 2020, 11:29 PM
Hi!

I humbly ask for help with my BMW E61 520d (2006) Can anyone see if my EEPROM + FLASH readout is corrupted? (See attached zip + image of CAS version)

Short background:

- Recent owner damaged the original key fob in his washing machine.
- New key fob is ordered from original BMW Service station.
- New key fob arrives from BMW factory, but battery has drained in car, he installs a new battery by himself.
- The car wont start, the dash panel only shows a warning light "yellow key with a dashed line"
- Recent owner tows it to a BMW service station, they say it will cost between 2000-4000 Euro to fix the car.
- I bought the car as a fun project, trying to solve this as cheap as possible but also with the intention to educate and improve my skills with newer car electronics.
- In ISTA+ (under the tab "Control unit tree") the CAS Module shows up green.
- I do a physical inspection of the CASīs circuit board, nothing looks fried.
- Soldered and did a readout of EEPROM + FLASH. Also did a read out of the new key fob with Hitag2, but here stops my knowledge :) So any further advice is highly appreciated! Please se attached ZIP file.

Thanks in advance!

/R

Chriz123
6th January, 2020, 06:26 AM
hi,

i cant see key id E8D3049E in EEP
key 1, 4-10 was blocked, have unlocked them

make new key and try again

kaleval
6th January, 2020, 10:06 AM
EEP + Flash should be okay if car response for key. Yellow key with dash means CAS see a key which not belongs to the car. Maybe someone replace original CAS with a secondhand one during the life of the car, so no more BMW keys work.

Make new key by EEP than car will start.

kiszka
6th January, 2020, 10:06 AM
Chriz123

crc keys is ok

Rickex
register the key in CAS, via ISTA
in which position did you do this new key

kaleval
6th January, 2020, 12:55 PM
these keys in cas cannot be unlocked in cas
crc keys is ok

register the key in CAS, via ISTA
in which position did you do this new key

How you mean keys cannot be unlocked?
Chriz13 is right all the key slots Blocked except 1 and 2.

Btw I still say that key not belongs to that car because crossed key icon. If key locked to the car and slot blocked than just nothing happens, car stay silence.

Rickex
6th January, 2020, 01:58 PM
Hi!

Thanks for all the replies! :) I might have screwed upp now though... bought an empty key fob, loaded EEP in Hitag2 and picked slot #4 which looked empty, then generated key. At this moment I realized that i didnīt load Chriz123-modified EEP-file. I loaded my first readout.... Am i screwed now? At least the transponder is screwed now, right?

Please look at the bin-file of this key make. It doesnīt look good...It also says 315Mhz now instead of 868Mhz, Itīs certainly a China key fob, but it should be 868Mhz the seller told me. The CAS does not accept this key, still a "Yellow dashed key" (The CAS is not modified yet)

I totally admit that Iīm a newbie... What to do next? I read somewhere that the original key fob can be virgin again, how to do that? Really appreciate your support mates!

Chriz123
6th January, 2020, 02:49 PM

brend
6th January, 2020, 02:54 PM
EEp dump ok.

It's cas2++ and dump have 3 actual key's.
1.B55AF115 (Status Loked)
2.58590844 (Status used)
3.53F80644 (Status used)
And another key chanel (4,5,6,7,8,9)for progrmming is locked.

So which for cas you get key from diller?

Hi!

I humbly ask for help with my BMW E61 520d (2006) Can anyone see if my EEPROM + FLASH readout is corrupted? (See attached zip + image of CAS version)

Short background:

- Recent owner damaged the original key fob in his washing machine.
- New key fob is ordered from original BMW Service station.
- New key fob arrives from BMW factory, but battery has drained in car, he installs a new battery by himself.
- The car wont start, the dash panel only shows a warning light "yellow key with a dashed line"
- Recent owner tows it to a BMW service station, they say it will cost between 2000-4000 Euro to fix the car.
- I bought the car as a fun project, trying to solve this as cheap as possible but also with the intention to educate and improve my skills with newer car electronics.
- In ISTA+ (under the tab "Control unit tree") the CAS Module shows up green.
- I do a physical inspection of the CASīs circuit board, nothing looks fried.
- Soldered and did a readout of EEPROM + FLASH. Also did a read out of the new key fob with Hitag2, but here stops my knowledge :) So any further advice is highly appreciated! Please se attached ZIP file.

Thanks in advance!

/R

kiszka
6th January, 2020, 03:32 PM
Write on skype chris.haui
you broke point 6a, the decision is up to the moderator
https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/2-FORUM-RULES (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/2-FORUM-RULES)

kiszka
6th January, 2020, 03:41 PM
Hi!

Thanks for all the replies! :) I might have screwed upp now though... bought an empty key fob, loaded EEP in Hitag2 and picked slot #4 which looked empty, then generated key. At this moment I realized that i didnīt load Chriz123-modified EEP-file. I loaded my first readout.... Am i screwed now? At least the transponder is screwed now, right?

Please look at the bin-file of this key make. It doesnīt look good...It also says 315Mhz now instead of 868Mhz, Itīs certainly a China key fob, but it should be 868Mhz the seller told me. The CAS does not accept this key, still a "Yellow dashed key" (The CAS is not modified yet)

I totally admit that Iīm a newbie... What to do next? I read somewhere that the original key fob can be virgin again, how to do that? Really appreciate your support mates!
here you have all the keys unlocked

Chriz123
6th January, 2020, 05:06 PM
Oh my fault sherrif

I helped him through skype and now waiting for the result...

Only asked where the eeprom is that hitag generates and said he should write it to his cas

Story ends

Rickex
6th January, 2020, 07:34 PM
Thanks everyone! :) It was an easy fix, the search way / location of the file changed to original location everytime i tried to upload EEP, i moved the new EEP to the right folder and I manage to Write the new EEP to the CAS Module.

Now the CAS accepts the key and the engine cranks! :) I canīt lock the doors with this key fob, is there a solution for that? The engine cranks but wonīt start, is there something I need to resync in ISTA?

Cheers! /R

BobbySD
7th January, 2020, 01:32 PM
If battery was drained you need cas dme sync for sure. You can find it in ista under service functions

Rickex
8th January, 2020, 01:15 AM
If battery was drained you need cas dme sync for sure. You can find it in ista under service functions

Thanks a lot! @BobbySD The CAS DME/Sync started the car!! :) Since it ignited when spraying some brake cleaner in the throttle house, I definitely thought it was a fuel supply problem! You saved me a lot of work! Thnx!
You definitely need new skills these days, the old school troubleshooting is getting limited :) I canÂīt express my gratitude to all of you amazing guys sharing this knowledge! Thanks @Kiszka i tried to reply your PM, but it says that you got to much PMs in your box, so it was not sent :)

IÂīve been test driving the car today, it runs smooth, but there is still a lot of DTCÂīs to take care of. Reduced it down from 34 to 12 faults. Please see pictures of ISTA what DTCÂīs are left, happy for any advice! :)

Cheers!
/R

weld88
8th January, 2020, 06:41 PM
Wow, nice mileage, 397k ! The code "9C55 Fogging sensor" can cause issues with the heater fan blower acting strange. This sensor is on the windshield near the rear mirror. My father's E61 has this same issue.

Good luck on the rest of your repairs!