PDA

View Full Version : EDC15VM+ 038906012HD many failures - Solution?

vence
5th January, 2020, 11:50 PM
Hello partners.

First of all congratulate everyone the new year.

secondly apologize for the bad expression, since I don't know English and I use the Google translator

Some time ago I bought a second-hand EDC15VM+ 038906012HD ECU to put another 29f400bt memory and after some problems I got it to work perfectly.

After a few thousand kilometers, the ECU began to fail, gave unknown errors and went into limp mode and I decided to remove the double chip and put the original mine.

Now in mine it is giving those same errors with what I have 2 ECU with the same fault :-(

It is a very common mistake in this type of ECU and I am afraid to buy a second-hand one that has the same problem.

Does anyone know what is wrong and how can it be solved?

Or does anyone know another ECU reference that is compatible with the 038906012HD that is more reliable and does not have those errors?

Thank you very much in advance

kiszka
6th January, 2020, 01:16 AM
Hello partners.

First of all congratulate everyone the new year.

secondly apologize for the bad expression, since I don't know English and I use the Google translator

Some time ago I bought a second-hand EDC15VM+ 038906012HD ECU to put another 29f400bt memory and after some problems I got it to work perfectly.

After a few thousand kilometers, the ECU began to fail, gave unknown errors and went into limp mode and I decided to remove the double chip and put the original mine.

Now in mine it is giving those same errors with what I have 2 ECU with the same fault :-(

It is a very common mistake in this type of ECU and I am afraid to buy a second-hand one that has the same problem.

Does anyone know what is wrong and how can it be solved?

Or does anyone know another ECU reference that is compatible with the 038906012HD that is more reliable and does not have those errors?

Thank you very much in advance

ECU the error list has about 1000 entries
which mistakes you have

vence
6th January, 2020, 08:00 PM
thanks for answering.

the errors are random and of sensors that my car does not have. The problem is that the ECU is KO and a broken ECU throws random errors.

for example I have stayed in limp mode (without turbo) and in the turbo pressure clock that I carry on the dashboard, there has been no overpressure and the turbo works correctly.
The next day I start the car and the rpm goes up to 2300 rpm and the engine stops, I did not want to start, I disconnected the battery I reconnected it and the car started without problem.

These are the errors that were recorded:

19461 - Relay for High-Output Preheating of Coolant (J360): Short to Plus
P3005 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

18065 - A/C System Input/Output: Short to Plus
P1657 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

19459 - Relay for Low-Output Preheating of Coolant (J359): Short to Plus
P3003 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

17946 - Fuel Shutoff Solenoid (N109): Open or Short to Ground
P1538 - 35-00 - - - Intermittent

18080 - Coolant Fan Control 1: Open or Short to Ground
P1672 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

18027 - Glow Plug Relay (J52): Open or Short to Ground
P1619 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

As you can see, there is no overpressure of the turbo and error 19459, 19461 should not go out in my car since it does not have a preheating system for coolant.

That's why I know that my ECU is KO, I know several cases that had the same symptoms and went crazy checking sensors that were good and their only solution was to change the ECU.

That is why I ask if anyone knows what the problem this ECU model is. It can be by some electronic component, KO welding, etc.

A new ECU costs more than the car and a used one may have the same problem (the one I bought for the double chip also had the same problem)

Not knowing English makes it very difficult to find information and I'm sure you will understand me, wrong because the Google translator is very bad and the translations confuse.

thanks for your understanding

volorucinski
6th January, 2020, 09:59 PM
Try resolder all the components on pcb. Put flux on and reheat with hot air. Or resolder all major components with flux and a little soldering iron.

Panathaole
7th January, 2020, 07:24 AM
If you have the same random errors in both ecus

Maybe you have problem with your wiring and grounds, and not from a faulty ecu...

vence
9th January, 2020, 09:48 PM
hello, first of all thanks for answering.

Try resolder all the components on pcb. Put flux on and reheat with hot air. Or resolder all major components with flux and a little soldering iron.

Yes, that was the solution I saw, but it is very dangerous. you have to weld all the components when only one will fail ...

If you have the same random errors in both ecus

Maybe you have problem with your wiring and grounds, and not from a faulty ecu...

They are not the same !! They are random although there are some that match.
As I said above, there are several cases of this ECU model that fail and there are several companies that fix them and name the errors that are the same as mine.

As it is a 038906012HD bug, I also asked if someone knows if there is another compatible model. I don't know if I could clone my ECU in any 038906012XX. What do the last two letters mean? (HD)

raceshadow
10th January, 2020, 08:43 AM
hello, first of all thanks for answering.

Yes, that was the solution I saw, but it is very dangerous. you have to weld all the components when only one will fail ...

They are not the same !! They are random although there are some that match.
As I said above, there are several cases of this ECU model that fail and there are several companies that fix them and name the errors that are the same as mine.

As it is a 038906012HD bug, I also asked if someone knows if there is another compatible model. I don't know if I could clone my ECU in any 038906012XX. What do the last two letters mean? (HD)

You can clone any EDC15VM +. 038906012CL and others.

vence
10th January, 2020, 05:26 PM
You can clone any EDC15VM +. 038906012CL and others.

OK thanks !!!!!

I find my second-hand model (HD) for 90 euros and there are others such as MS, EL, BH, etc. that cost more or less 30 euros.

Then I clone the 29f400bt memory, the INMO and run!

Do you know what the letters of the reference mean? or where can I find the information? Google doesn't give me anything.

Do you know if the numbers below on the right (02-11-14) is the date of manufacture? I find it very strange