PDA

View Full Version : Regulated external power supply for KTAG

arejas
6th January, 2020, 03:52 PM
Hello,so i bought power supply for bench(on table) ecu programming and have strange problem.My power supply is 0-15V and up to 2A.It features
Automatically converts between Constant Voltage and Constant Current mode.
- The equipment have current limiting protection point free
- Single channel output
Ktag connected to external power supply and i can't regulate current for amps.
Voltage regulation is OK,working,but current is not. On Ktag idle,DC power supply reads 12.6V and 0.05A,while reading EDC16 voltage stays 12.6 and current goes up to 0.21A
and i can't make steady 1A or 1.5A.While reading i try change current with knob on power supply,but nothing changes.
Can someone help? Attached photos

heteromies
6th January, 2020, 06:05 PM
Hello,so i bought power supply for bench(on table) ecu programming and have strange problem.My power supply is 0-15V and up to 2A.It features
Automatically converts between Constant Voltage and Constant Current mode.
- The equipment have current limiting protection point free
- Single channel output
Ktag connected to external power supply and i can't regulate current for amps.
Voltage regulation is OK,working,but current is not. On Ktag idle,DC power supply reads 12.6V and 0.05A,while reading EDC16 voltage stays 12.6 and current goes up to 0.21A
and i can't make steady 1A or 1.5A.While reading i try change current with knob on power supply,but nothing changes.
Can someone help? Attached photos

2A is not much anyway for feed all kind of type ECU, should more capable about to 6A. And 12.6V also is low. Use 13V and up to 13.8V... You can't force ampere feed. ECU/Ktag takes what it need. Your role is use supply what can feed enough.

arejas
6th January, 2020, 11:56 PM
So it mean that Edc16c9 ecu only need 0.21 amps for r/w?For delphi or other more amps requiring ecus i use car battery as power source,but i rode that KTAG or orhers bench tools are designed for max 3-4A current flow,true?Mostly i bench bosch ecus for tricore,and i think for these is enough 2A