PDA

View Full Version : Newbie help required

smokeybear
23rd September, 2008, 12:18 PM
Hi there, I've just been given the Starview PVR Box and have sucessfully upgraded the firware with the lastest version.

BoxPVR_E_v4506_15Oct.bin

I carried out the autoscan....but most of the channels have $ signs and cannot be viewed...how do i fix this

many thanks for all your help on this

satsmo
23rd September, 2008, 12:40 PM
Press Menu , parental control , then Info and type 2007 on remote. You should now see the EMU/Auto Update and make sure its ON. Exit to Sly Sports and let it update.

smokeybear
23rd September, 2008, 12:51 PM
Hi...thanks for helping me out...

followedur instructions....slight problem....when i press menu on the RCU, i don't get the option od "parental control"...have to go into user setting and then parental control, but then there's no option for info...

by the way I have a PVR Box - if that helps

Fspiders
23rd September, 2008, 01:07 PM
the info is a button on your remote press it then press 2007 it should open another menu.

smokeybear
23rd September, 2008, 01:18 PM
Getting closer by the minute...thanks for being patient...

got into the autoupdate menu and set it to "on" and then exit to sly sports..

after a few minutes screen shows "Bad or Encrypted Channel"....and doesn't go any further....

Fspiders
23rd September, 2008, 01:25 PM
might take a few minutes to update the keys.

smokeybear
23rd September, 2008, 01:38 PM
given is about 10-15 mins - still no good...weep weep weep weep

Fspiders
23rd September, 2008, 01:49 PM
have you got the correct provider for your area? are the fta channels all clear? If so.. make sure you've installed the correct software for your box if all is correct then I'd do a reset and re-install the firmware again..

smokeybear
23rd September, 2008, 01:53 PM
got it working- had to do a factory reset..then bob's ur uncle...all working now....many thanks for all you help