PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee 2019 bypass

DigitalBacon
9th January, 2020, 09:23 PM
Has anyone had success with a Cherokee 2019, if so with what equipment? I tried with the AutoProPad, which I've used for several other Chrysler cars from 2019, such as the Grand Cherokee, Compass and Renegade, but seems the Cherokee simply doesn't work at least with that equipment.

With the AutoProPad I've done it via the Star connector using the brute force cables taping into the CAN Hi and CAN Low behind the glove compartment. Done via this method I can read number of Keys and VIN, but when I try to read PIN I get "Security Entry failed" after about 90 seconds, via OBD it's simply "Read Seed fail" right away.

I have AVDI, but not the FCA module and a T-code I've been sort of reluctant to exchange for the Smart Pro(not a fan of tokens) and AutoProPad does most of the Cars I get to see. use AVDI only for Mitsubishi Prox on AKL.

Hope someone can provide some additional info on their experience.

Bishop c4
10th January, 2020, 12:19 AM
the Zed-full is working with those vehicles

camelgd
10th January, 2020, 01:45 AM
Has anyone had success with a Cherokee 2019, if so with what equipment? I tried with the AutoProPad, which I've used for several other Chrysler cars from 2019, such as the Grand Cherokee, Compass and Renegade, but seems the Cherokee simply doesn't work at least with that equipment.

With the AutoProPad I've done it via the Star connector using the brute force cables taping into the CAN Hi and CAN Low behind the glove compartment. Done via this method I can read number of Keys and VIN, but when I try to read PIN I get "Security Entry failed" after about 90 seconds, via OBD it's simply "Read Seed fail" right away.

I have AVDI, but not the FCA module and a T-code I've been sort of reluctant to exchange for the Smart Pro(not a fan of tokens) and AutoProPad does most of the Cars I get to see. use AVDI only for Mitsubishi Prox on AKL.

Hope someone can provide some additional info on their experience.

Brute force cable just connects APP to system-still won't pull pin on several models of Chrysler and jeep- Jeep wrangler Sahara, for example, 2019 could not pull pin.
APP apparently does not have program even though you are connected.

DigitalBacon
10th January, 2020, 05:21 PM
the Zed-full is working with those vehicles

So I heard, I know Zed-full is pretty good, at one point I almost bought it because I needed to do Mitsubishis Prox AKL and couldn't do it with any of my equipments, ended up purchasing AVDI for it and works flawless. Still not Convinced that my best alternative to what I already have. Those subscriptions look kind of high considering it's maybe a handful a month I'm unable to do with current equipment. But for sure it's on my mind.

Brute force cable just connects APP to system-still won't pull pin on several models of Chrysler and jeep- Jeep wrangler Sahara, for example, 2019 could not pull pin.
APP apparently does not have program even though you are connected.

Yeah that's why I'm considering getting another programmer for these cars specifically, similar to what I've mentioned I did for the Mitsubishis Prox. my AVDI is used only and exclusively for Prox Mitsubishi's and it already paid itself a couple of times. But still on the fence on what to go with.

Really hope the guys at APP figure out the Chrysler bypass on all models soon.

camelgd
10th January, 2020, 08:55 PM
So I heard, I know Zed-full is pretty good, at one point I almost bought it because I needed to do Mitsubishis Prox AKL and couldn't do it with any of my equipments, ended up purchasing AVDI for it and works flawless. Still not Convinced that my best alternative to what I already have. Those subscriptions look kind of high considering it's maybe a handful a month I'm unable to do with current equipment. But for sure it's on my mind.

Yeah that's why I'm considering getting another programmer for these cars specifically, similar to what I've mentioned I did for the Mitsubishis Prox. my AVDI is used only and exclusively for Prox Mitsubishi's and it already paid itself a couple of times. But still on the fence on what to go with.

Really hope the guys at APP figure out the Chrysler bypass on all models soon.

I would settle for now knowing that someone is actually working on the problem. Ray Ray is no longer on the project as far as I know, he's the reason why APP is as good as it is right now.

DigitalBacon
11th January, 2020, 12:35 AM
I would settle for now knowing that someone is actually working on the problem. Ray Ray is no longer on the project as far as I know, he's the reason why APP is as good as it is right now.

Agree, not sure if someone took his place after that or at least actively working on it, haven't heard anything about it. Looking forward to see how xhorse equipment starts making way now that ray-ray is with them, real fan of the keytools probably made 100x their cost already.

Bishop c4
11th January, 2020, 02:25 AM

Yeah I agree with you it's a bit pricey that system they have of tokens is a killer........ every single job is like a vacuum on tokens but on the positive it works decently well

leandroks
19th February, 2020, 03:45 AM
does anyone know if im608 can do key programming and pin reading on those models///???

BR

Leo

crankycarl
19th February, 2020, 04:43 AM
does anyone know if im608 can do key programming and pin reading on those models///???

BR

Leo

2019 Grand Cherokee
Pin yes
key learning yes

ray-ray
19th February, 2020, 05:02 AM
I tried last week with my im608 & it fail to pull the pin.. l will update the tool and get back to report. APP team have hired on new help with high expectations and they all have fail to produce ( they hit a brick wall ! ) so they going to introduce 3 new units. The so call new unit can handle what new system our on the current market. BS Guys.. promise on future updates ( distributor it’s all about the MONEY ) ( when a Locksmith is in control it’s about the brotherhood )..

sleepyrz
19th February, 2020, 03:18 PM
removing the sgw from loop with bypass cable does not work?? 12+8 cable?

have not tried this model

2019 cherokee prox smart pro
https://youtu.be/O1gROf-06wo

i see the smart pro also has the ability through the star connector so it must be solely software related to find the pin location in the data?????

DigitalBacon
21st February, 2020, 01:38 AM
I tried last week with my im608 & it fail to pull the pin.. l will update the tool and get back to report. APP team have hired on new help with high expectations and they all have fail to produce ( they hit a brick wall ! ) so they going to introduce 3 new units. The so call new unit can handle what new system our on the current market. BS Guys.. promise on future updates ( distributor it’s all about the MONEY ) ( when a Locksmith is in control it’s about the brotherhood )..

Yep I notice that from around mid-year last year, the updates have been less important, just smaller things(weren't you with them before?). My subscription expires in April, really thinking of leaving it as it is, since it's quite decent equipment just doesn't seem it will be doing new stuff and invest those $600 for part of a new equipment, on the fence still which one.

Bought AVDI just for AKL on Prox Mitsubishi, since APP couldn't do it. I think I'll end up buying something new as well for these new Chrysler systems.

Where I'm currently at don't think much people if any can do a Cherokee(not grand) 19+.

2019 cherokee prox smart pro
https://youtu.be/O1gROf-06wo

i see the smart pro also has the ability through the star connector so it must be solely software related to find the pin location in the data?????

Yeah saw that yesterday, how quick and simple it is. Tokens are used when programming the key only? or extracting the PIN as well. I think the APP might be able to program it if you have the PIN which it is uncappable of extracing on it's own.

narkeleptk
21st February, 2020, 04:03 AM

works for me with im608

sleepyrz
21st February, 2020, 04:57 AM
ray you try with 12+8 cable or adc2011 or bruteforce?