PDA

View Full Version : Fiat Ducato 2008 remote proble after key programming

nazz2
10th January, 2020, 06:35 PM
Hi
This motor home(Knaus), based on ducato came for spare remote programming, it had an id 48 black ,2 button remote, i used an Iea, 3 button remote,read config data,precoded the chip, and programmed both key+the remote bit, the problem now is that when you press the both remotes, the lock or unlock ,you hear the driver door solonoied but it doesnt lock or unlock the door! and you see the lights flashing.

Also sometimes when you leave the driver door open, it locks it, but it doesnt unlock it, and its intermitent. the van has Ducato cobra alarm, and the owner wants it working, ie, if he opens the back utility doors, the alarm should sound, and sometimes it does, and sometime it doesnt, any idea how to fix this? i didnt check beforehand to see if the remote was working or not, i also have the original config saved before programming. thanks all.

ps could this be a bsi problem? and what tool can fix remote bit.

jodge
10th January, 2020, 06:49 PM
check the BSI live data. Ther will be the door status if the Knauss connected them properly, if not then it's a new game "horror with multimeter" :D

nazz2
10th January, 2020, 06:54 PM
Thanks jodge, but dont have any fiat diagnostic tool, except avdi, x300dp, what do you recommend?

jodge
10th January, 2020, 07:00 PM
multieuscan. Cheap and dealer level stuff

Meat-Head
10th January, 2020, 07:08 PM
ON TOPIC:-

a) ignition on press buttons on dashboard to lock/unlock doors
Try from outside to get in

b) they are common for bsi failing - check fuses

c) motor home - stood 50 weeks used for 2

d) amazed a fiat driver noticed a thing like that

e)PURE GUESS ONLY

1) alarm tapped off locking to arm/disarm alarm

2) module to do locking is behind glovebox - also does windows

3) internal relay faulty

nazz2
10th January, 2020, 07:14 PM
Thnaks meaty, not sure if it has lock/unlock button inside, will look tomorrow.

Meat-Head
10th January, 2020, 07:18 PM
Next to hazard switch

advertisement

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-RELAY-PEUGEOT-BOXER-FIAT-DUCATO-HAZARD-LIGHT-SWITCH-UNIT-7355331210-2014/283626338661 (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-RELAY-PEUGEOT-BOXER-FIAT-DUCATO-HAZARD-LIGHT-SWITCH-UNIT-7355331210-2014/283626338661?hash=item4209727965:g:RCwAAOSwjFRdjZB J)

Staafonline
11th January, 2020, 01:40 PM
You probably have wrong remote you need marelli remote not delphi for fiat ducato or precoded wrong 2 types of marelli remote exist 8 pin smd and 10/16 pin smd

nazz2
11th January, 2020, 02:35 PM
Remotes are correct, this is defo marelli i tried to add the original first, then the copy one, the results were the same, personally i think the door solenoid is faulty from before ( only driver door is operated via the remote on this motor home), since i hear the clink/clonk (and the latch doesn`t move most times),and disables,then enables the alarm via remote. or maybe it needs configuration for one door! sent the customer for diagnostics to fiat and i will foot the bill! and gave him a free remote, and he is happy.

Staafonline
11th January, 2020, 04:45 PM
Remotes are correct, this is defo marelli i tried to add the original first, then the copy one, the results were the same, personally i think the door solenoid is faulty from before ( only driver door is operated via the remote on this motor home), since i hear the clink/clonk (and the latch doesn`t move most times),and disables,then enables the alarm via remote. or maybe it needs configuration for one door! sent the customer for diagnostics to fiat and i will foot the bill! and gave him a free remote, and he is happy.

did you check if al doors were properly closed it should light up on dash if not and if even 1 doorsensor is broken it wont close or open lock it tries via remote but nothing actually happens so probably not a key problem here then.
you should get multiecuscan its cheap and you can easily diagnose if key or doorsensor problem via actuators.

nazz2
12th January, 2020, 01:12 PM
Yes all the doors were closed, don`t forget only the driver door is operated via the remote, the rest via the key.i think as meaty has mentioned above, these motor homes don`t get used much, i personally think its a sticky door actuator.or wiring to it, also when inside and you arm the alarm system, it goes off after 30 seconds. thanks all for the tool tip.