View Full Version : New tool from Chris at key programming

godfathertre
11th January, 2020, 05:01 AM
All fiat by obd 3dgroup on sale there
Just look https://halkyardtech.com/
Read all fiat and key programming.

Manta1600
11th January, 2020, 10:38 AM
I can't see precoding - if steel need precode with tools like TMPro2 what is the reason for this new tool?

rapidlocksmiths
11th January, 2020, 11:37 AM
this tool does the same thing as the fiat licences on truecode fatc1 , 2 , 3 and 4 , same coverage same functions , it will read eeprom by obd , you then use another tool like tm pro etc to precode the key or create new dump with key , you can then code precoded key to car or write the new dump back to the car .

so same functions as truecode fiat .

the reason i suspect is its for those that dont have truecode and only want fiat coverage , so is a tool for fiat licences thats cheaper than buying truecode hardware and all fiat licences on the truecode platform , allowing customers to buy just fiat.

for thos with full fiat on truecode platform , you already have this .

Jimmy07
11th January, 2020, 01:33 PM
Good idea !

Is it from same developer as Truecode ?

If it works with VVDI will buy it once more info available

rapidlocksmiths
11th January, 2020, 01:54 PM
yes its from chris at truecode , though not sure if working on a new venture , but still chris's software

Jimmy07
11th January, 2020, 05:29 PM
Be tried and tested then 👍🏻

Be good if he went down this route for Ford etc.

Thanks Rapid

rapidlocksmiths
12th January, 2020, 12:23 AM
this may be the plan , who knows , but if buying 2 or more makes then it can work out cheaper buying truecode as only buying hardware once . im sure theres a plan just not sure what yet

Jimmy07
12th January, 2020, 02:15 AM
Does Truecode Fiat work with VVDI or just this new tool I wonder 🤔

rapidlocksmiths
12th January, 2020, 02:09 PM
???? ive no idea what you are talking about jimmy , truecode reads the dump by obd or creates a skeleton dump and save it to pc that can be read by any dump reading tool that reads this fiat dump , tango , tmpro , miraclone etc etc etc , truecode or the new tool just reads dump file , you then read dump with your dump tool and precode key , you can then either create a new dump with new key added and write this back to car by obd with truecode , or now key is precoded you can program key to car by obd with truecode .

it shouldnt matter what dump tool is used to read the dump and precode the key , what matters is that if doing a remote key then your dump tool supports precoding remote too , tmpro does , tango doesnt , vvdi i dont use so cant say .

for models using manual key id imagine any dump tool will precode key from it , its only remote precoding that not all dump tools do

truecode and this new tool have the exact same coverage and do the exact same thing , truecode doesnt work with this new tool and vice versa , both these tools need to work with a suitable dump reading tool like tango , tmpro , miraclone and i suspect vvdi prog etc , but truecode and the new tool have the same software and functions and do the same job

Jimmy07
12th January, 2020, 07:45 PM
Yes Rapid that was what I’m trying to say is Truecode compatible with VVDI for reading the pre-code file then pre-coding the remote side. Some softwares aren’t compatible.

The new tool says it’s compatible with VVDI but no info on Truecode if it is or not.

So question is does Truecode have software exactly the same as the new tool or has the new tool’s software been tweaked to include VVDI

rapidlocksmiths
12th January, 2020, 08:30 PM
i suspect its the same , reading a dump is reading dump , if one tool can read a dump file then all tools with same capability can read the same bin file, a bin file is a bin file .

just because they dont list vvdi by name they do state all leading machines , if tango , tmpro , abites , zedbull , zedfull , miraclone etc can all read it as just a bin file then id be very surprised if vvdi cannot , but if you want to be 100% assured then email chris at truecode and ask , you then get an accurate answer from the horses mouth , or ask someone who has read a bin file with truecode to send you the file , you can then test yourself . but its just a bin file so nothing there to not be compatible

this statement on his site says it all : " This is the exact same file you would get if you had opened the BCM and read the EEPROM manually "
so its the same file exactly as you would get if you had removed the bcm and read the chip with your vvdi prog , in which case vvdi prog should read it and precode from it too , otherwise theres issues with vvdi prog.

some applications on fatc4 you get a skeleton file , still a bin file just adapted but still readable by any good dump read tool as same format , functions on fatc3 reads entire true eeprom.

the new tool reads the same and creates the same bin files .

from truecode website ;

*Skeleton file is a manipulated .bin file, a ‘fake’ EEPROM file that contains the relevant info from the car that you are working on. This file can be loaded into any of the leading transponder production devices, and will be recognised as a Fiat Punto 93c86 file. With your transponder production device, you can then choose to create an ID46w or to create a pre-coded key/remote key.

Using FATC3, there is now no need to remove the BCM and read the EEPROM memory device from these vehicles. All the necessary information required to obtain the pincode, and create a dealer key can be read via OBD, very easily, in just seconds, using TrueCode Smart.

FATC3 allows you to fully read the 93c86 EEPROM memory inside the BCM – all via the OBD socket in just 45s or so. The file is then saved to your PC. This is the exact same file you would get if you had opened the BCM and read the EEPROM manually. Only, this process is completed in approximately 45s and carries no risk of damage to the device or your fingers.

You can then load this EEPROM file into Tango/Miraclone/TMPro2/ZedBull etc. etc. in order to generate a ‘dealer precoded’ standard or remote control key. In addition, you can also use this file to create a fully working standard key onto a TPX4 type transponder – with no further programming required. This is extremely useful for Fiat, due to the way that the key programming system permanently deletes unavailable keys. (Using that method, you can leave the existing keys still working in the case that the customer may find them again.)
Once you’ve precoded a key/remote, it can then be programmed into the vehicle via OBD, using our FATC2 software.

Jimmy07
12th January, 2020, 08:44 PM
Thanks for info Rapid 👍🏻

I’ll contact them to clarify. I’m definitely buying one or the other just prefer Truecode so I can add modules hence the question but if it has to be the new tool so be it.....

super jumbe
12th January, 2020, 10:19 PM
Truecode Key Programming very slow to up date software, look they haven’t yet got software to programme Astra K, and coming back to the Fiat software useless the software can only download the skeleton BCS dump and you will not able to precode the remote, look at lonsdor all Fiat cars you could precode the remote and programme in 5min, you can also read pincode all Vauxhall cars and programme remote, yesterday I programmed 2014 Insignia with lonsdor and read pin in 2 min, next I went and programme Audi 2014 MBQ remote in 5min every thing by OBD.

Manta1600
13th January, 2020, 08:59 AM
Truecode Key Programming very slow to up date software, look they haven’t yet got software to programme Astra K, and coming back to the Fiat software useless the software can only download the skeleton BCS dump and you will not able to precode the remote, look at lonsdor all Fiat cars you could precode the remote and programme in 5min, you can also read pincode all Vauxhall cars and programme remote, yesterday I programmed 2014 Insignia with lonsdor and read pin in 2 min, next I went and programme Audi 2014 MBQ remote in 5min every thing by OBD.

With x100pad you can program Astra K under Astra J - with Autel you can program Astra J under Astra K - so I'm prity sure that Truecode will be able to program Astra K under Astra J

about FIAT and Skelton files work perfect no problem with remotes - if you have problem the problem is wrong precode or chinese remotes

with Lonsdor every morning before go to work first must take look what missing

rapidlocksmiths
13th January, 2020, 11:45 AM
truecode is far from useless , the skeleton files work seamlessly with dump tools and ive used TMpro to precode remote keys without issue , so to say wont be able to precode remote is way off the mark you just need the right dump tool that can do this. the skeleton files are only on fatc4 coverage , fatc3 reads eeprom file by obd . truecode was doing this long before the likes of lonsdor and to say that lonsdor does all fiat keys is a little off of the mark too otherwise we wouldnt read of the failures it has on fiat which some will be user error .

i dont use truecode often on fiat as i use abrites and have used abrites on fiat for many years now , long before other options existed by obd and when rates were still excellent on these , it rarely fails , but on the few occasions it has and i can count these on 1 hand , either truecode or vag tacho has succeeded .

unlike the likes of lonsdor theres no annual fees , no bugs every time they update something and previously working software stops working and unlike lonsdor etc chris has never deserted his truecode users to discontinue his machine to sell another or changed his mind about free once you own it and bring in charges , so i know which i trust the most , on its coverage its second to none , falling behind others now but still safe and reliable on all the coverage it lists , i like the knowledge that when i use it then its simply going to do the job and work .

newone
13th January, 2020, 02:53 PM
we all like cheap tools(lonsdor)but in case of truecode you know it will work for what it says and this is the main thing

rapidlocksmiths
13th January, 2020, 03:00 PM
each to own i guess

if i was in market for a chinky tool , then vvdi2 , lonsdor or im608 maybe acdp kit would be what i look at . most of the china tools i obtained over years like skp900 , vag pin reader etc all sit in the workshop gathering dust at present , but never say never , im608 does look like its comming on