PDA

View Full Version : Volvo V50 SID206 2,0D 100KW DPF+EGR off help please

mm04kk
11th January, 2020, 09:55 PM
Hello,
I have an Volvo V50 with an SID206 ECU and i nned DPF+EGR off please, the file is readed by KESS clone and there is one more problem in the field menü with my car and my engine in the Kess software there is as ECU name SID803a and my ecu is SID206 i have seen there in the menü an engine with more KW with SID206 but the family number from both is the same. So i want to ask too if Writing is safe because is for me the first time on this Ecu type i have done only Bosch ECU before.

Thank you in advance and Kind regards.

UnQ
19th January, 2020, 08:10 AM
Hello,
I have an Volvo V50 with an SID206 ECU and i nned DPF+EGR off please, the file is readed by KESS clone and there is one more problem in the field menü with my car and my engine in the Kess software there is as ECU name SID803a and my ecu is SID206 i have seen there in the menü an engine with more KW with SID206 but the family number from both is the same. So i want to ask too if Writing is safe because is for me the first time on this Ecu type i have done only Bosch ECU before.

Thank you in advance and Kind regards.Hi there.

Normally it should be a problem. Most probably Kess will not write on this ECU but if it will do, then the only problem you can have is that the software will do checksum correction according with SID803 and after that your SID206 will be blocked.
I do recommend that to read and write this ECU via BDM. It will be more safe and versatile and you can have a good ECU copy before any modifications.
Of course, you can repair an ECU via BDM after is blocked in Kess, but for that you need the original file and what you read on Kess can't be write on BDM. So, anyway you'll need to have the BDM copy first :). Just for your safe.

Also, regarding EGR off on SID206. Be careful of what are you doing. I've seen cars with cylinder head crack due to overheat, by an incorrect EGR off.
For Volvo, Ford and Peugeot cars with SID206, i do recommend that to keep the EGR on car. A new EGR for these cars are about 100 euros. The consumption is better with EGR and the engine is doing less pollute.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk