PDA

View Full Version : What to buy for a newbie?

sheepfromek
5th January, 2010, 04:00 PM
PS3 in the post. Question is, whats the standout game to get my hands on just now? Uncharted 2 is coming along with PS3, which seems to be getting a lot of rave reviews but I am wondering if there is anything else that is a stand out at the moment?

To make the question a bit more tricky it would help a lot if it would also interest my significant other! Not sure how much she is into the shooty shooty games but suggestions welcome...

dik
5th January, 2010, 05:03 PM
If you like driving/racing games my 1st choice is burnout paradise then need for speed shift, my misses has been hooked on burnout and is now on her 4th playthrough!

jonnyluvrod
5th January, 2010, 05:32 PM
'Batman Arkham Asylum' and 'Assasins Creed 2' are both outstanding games.

My wife has played and finished Batman and is currently well into Assasins Creed 2. Plently to do in both these games and can't be described into one brand of gaming, they're action, adventure, puzzle solving, fighting bit of everything. They both look stunning graphically and are a joy to play.

For platforming, 'Little Big Plannet' and 'Ratchet & Clank a Crack In Time' are brilliant titles also...

Hope this helps mate... :shakehands:

Raven
5th January, 2010, 06:26 PM
LittleBigPlanet and Ratchet&Clank are good family games....I highly recommend the original Uncharted as games for all to enjoy as it's well up there with it's sequel for me.

Other games I'd suggest for you if you're into shooters are Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 - both are exclusive FPS games to PS3 and top quality. Resistance 2 is miles better than Halo3 despite being of a simliar mould except Resistance is less like a comic book.

sheepfromek
5th January, 2010, 06:59 PM
Thanks for suggestions. Hadn`t heard of burnout and I like the idea of AA and Assassin Creed as I quite fancied them myself :)
On the shooter front anyone had a crack of the new call of duty?

I shall go investigate burnout a bit further, thanks again!

calvin plummer
5th January, 2010, 09:28 PM
I'd agree with the burnout and batman recommendations, assassins is a much improved game but very similar to AA but not quite as good. Littlebigplanet is adorable and for something different I'd look at flower, very gentle introduction to gaming. Legostar wars is a lot of fun to play together. As for mw2 it does what it says on the tin, big set pieces, polished gameplay but nothing unique.

Raven
6th January, 2010, 02:33 PM
Metal Gear Solid 4 and Uncharted Drake's Fortune if you want 2 brilliant action games for the price of 1.

iceman40bak
7th January, 2010, 01:25 AM
Modern warfare 2

sirlisterofsmeg
10th January, 2010, 10:51 AM
BatMan Arkham Asylum

Tesco still have them for ?16 brand new in their sale

You cant beat COD but avoid 3

Little Big Planet

FIFA 09/10 Avoid 08 Avoid PES 08/09 Havn't tried 10 so can't comment on that.

Tiger woods (this is the game i got my girlfriend playing consoles with. nice and simple ( The game not her)