PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 8p 8p0920930F 93c86 Fujitsu cluster swap to 8p0920983 Micronas

DjDvr
13th January, 2020, 11:03 AM
Hey guys,

Been trying to go from a Fujitsu 8p0920930F 93c86 Fujitsu cluster to a Facelift 8p0920983 Micronas cluster.
I have genuine Carprog available.
I read IMMO from the old cluster, MAC,CS,PIN, KEY ID etc are all available , I created an unlock dump for the Micronas cluster so I can read/write IMMO no problem.
The problem is when I load the 2004 IMMO in Carprog for the 2009 software all fields are blank except the VIN field.
If I manually write in the fields Carprog does not write the IMMO back it only says "Entering read mode". The only field status is different as the 2004 is 5 bytes in the 2009 it is 6 bytes

I manually edited the IMMO file and added key,VIN,MAC,CS etc and I write it back, I check with VCDS and VIN and all the things I can read seems ok , but the das is still in SAFE. I tried to add the old key manually back with VCDS but nothing happens.

Any ideea what I am missing here ?
I have done a lot of 2006 to 2009+ swaps and never had a problem, this is the first time I saw this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is OLD IMMO, NEW IMMO and NEW EDITED IMMO read via OBD

DjDvr
14th January, 2020, 02:13 PM
Has really noone done a Fujitsu to Micronas swap ?

DjDvr
15th January, 2020, 05:45 PM
Anyone ? Any suggestions ?

DjDvr
21st January, 2020, 02:28 PM
I have checked 5 times now. VIN , CS , MAC , Key-ID , have all been copied over correctly. As soon as I write the immo the dash does not display safe but as soon as the ECU is attached the dash shows SAFE. I have checked 5 times in the old cluster and all the above are correct. I cannot see Power class with Carprog does anyone know if it can be the powerclass ?

DjDvr
27th January, 2020, 11:11 AM
Solution FOUND. It was the status field ... no ideea still how it is calculated differently on the Micronas dash if I find out exactly how it is calculated will post it here.

nForce4
3rd November, 2020, 03:35 PM
Hello. I want to do the same thing, I have a 930K cluster and want to migrate to 983. I don't know how exactly to unlock the micronas cluster to do it over OBD. Can you explain me how to do it?

DjDvr
3rd November, 2020, 05:51 PM
Hello. I want to do the same thing, I have a 930K cluster and want to migrate to 983. I don't know how exactly to unlock the micronas cluster to do it over OBD. Can you explain me how to do it?
You need special tools to read micronas.
Carprog , SMOK , Abrites will do them with the necessary prep if you want an easier way , read eeprom , read micronas with xprog and progmra new IMMO after decrypting EEPROM with the micronas dump.

930K is pre 2006 cluster so you will need an extra wire from the fuel pump to see fuel gauge.

nForce4
19th November, 2020, 04:17 PM
I have the wire already tapped into the installation, already swapped and it works. The problem is the cluster itself. I have carprog, FVDI, just need a little step by step guidance :)

DjDvr
23rd November, 2020, 03:21 PM
I have the wire already tapped into the installation, already swapped and it works. The problem is the cluster itself. I have carprog, FVDI, just need a little step by step guidance :)
Clone carprog will not due micronas , FVDI also is known to kill them :|

procedure is rather simple. Read immo from old cluster MAC, CS , VIN , etc + keys,
Write them back to the new cluster and then adujst milage.

With original carprog you have step by step info in the program , with clones I have no ideea :)

nForce4
26th November, 2020, 10:00 AM
You mean write them manually by carprog, for example? I can read the old cluster no problem.

DjDvr
26th November, 2020, 10:16 AM
You mean write them manually by carprog, for example? I can read the old cluster no problem.
Carprog cannot manually write the new IMMO and exporting the immo to file will not be usable in the new cluster.
You need to extract immo from the new one and you can manually edit the file and it should work to overwrite it manually wiht a bin editor and wirte back with Carprog to the new cluster, if not you need xprog to write IMMO to the white cluster.

But again , the clone carprog cannot open IMMO on 2009+ clusters.