PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Vitara 2005 - Help cutting key / No Original

Krazyglue354
16th January, 2020, 04:37 AM
I pulled the code from the cylinder and cut 2 keys on 2 different key blanks:

X186 / SUZ17 - This is the recommended key according to autosmart book. The cut key did not even fitted correctly.
TR47 - Recommended key according to my cutting machine (SEC-E9). It worked fine on doors and trunk but does not turns the ignition.

A local locksmith vaguely suggested that the TR47 is the correct key to use but also indicated that an additional cut is needed on the key to make it turn the key.

Honestly I do not have previous experience cutting keys for Suzuki Vitara and never heard of a key cut by cylinder that does not work on the ignition and doors.

Could it be that the Ignition Cylinder is damaged? Please let me know if you need other information in order to provide your thoughts.

Thanks in advance, really.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200116/9b787b2fc03d860107b2ab7dd78ea0a8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200116/a6f0cce4930488f0c69b877a2e3876d9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200116/5bda441890f00214997e99261edf1b8c.jpg

sleepyrz
16th January, 2020, 04:57 AM
Okay okay first questions first really

did you ask the customer if they had two different keys to the car?

2. do you have the 8th cut Toyota lishi

Krazyglue354
16th January, 2020, 10:53 AM
Okay okay first questions first really

did you ask the customer if they had two different keys to the car?

2. do you have the 8th cut Toyota lishi

Customer explains he had only one key for the car. I forgot to mention that by playing with the key position in the ignition, I was able to turn it on, but it required playing with the travel distance... a lot.

Sorry, I do not have the 8 cuts lishi but it is on the way.

sleepyrz
16th January, 2020, 03:56 PM
Customer explains he had only one key for the car. I forgot to mention that by playing with the key position in the ignition, I was able to turn it on, but it required playing with the travel distance... a lot.

Sorry, I do not have the 8 cuts lishi but it is on the way.

you have to pull key out?

it is tip stopped so if tip stop in back of ignition is worn down key can go in too far maybe?

also see if you can find another 8 cut toyota key from factory and check to make sure your key is spaced correctly

but the fact that the doors work perfect makes me think the problem is in the ignition...

Krazyglue354
16th January, 2020, 07:12 PM
Thanks for tour reply. I will try milling the top a little bit but it seems weird to me that the key goes all the way in on the ignition. I am going for round two in a few hours and will post back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krazyglue354
17th January, 2020, 03:50 PM
you have to pull key out?

it is tip stopped so if tip stop in back of ignition is worn down key can go in too far maybe?

also see if you can find another 8 cut toyota key from factory and check to make sure your key is spaced correctly

but the fact that the doors work perfect makes me think the problem is in the ignition...

What would be your “next step” recommendation? To change the ignition? Will decoding the ignition and making another key help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk