I done KD x2 chip 48 clone fail ecu locked

03e 906 023 d
Simos ecu 9.1
Lock time?
Help please
Regards

super jumbe
17th January, 2020, 10:33 PM
Have you got vvdi2 tool if not can you list all tools we may able to help you.

rapidlocksmiths
17th January, 2020, 11:15 PM
if you was only cloning a key and it cloned fine , but ecu locked then it may be just a blip .

when sniffing the data from the car , did you switch ignition on and off with programmed key or with the new key ?
if with new key then how many times did you give ignition on and off ?

if you have cycled an unprogrammed key too many times in the ignition then ecu will lock , keyline uses used to sniff with the gkm or tkm head and if cycle too many times they locked ecu , with keyline they now tell you to cycle with original key holding gkm near ignition at same time , if locked due to this then a simple soft reset will fix it

if now not starting on original key then insert original key in ignition and switch ign on to position 2 when dash lights up , leave on for 45 minutes , after 45 minutes switch off and remove key , now reinsert original key again and try and start car

super jumbe
17th January, 2020, 11:36 PM
Hello
I done KD x2 chip 48 clone fail ecu locked

03e 906 023 d
Simos ecu 9.1
Lock time?
Help please
Regards

Lots of people had similar issue cloning with KD-2 tool the key data is wipped out can you read key data?

godfathertre
18th January, 2020, 01:40 AM
I had this with keyline Ultegra
Sniffing a id 48 on audi tt the car thinks is getting stolen so alarm sounds and lock time disconnected battery did not help thank to the vcds original codes where cleared and car started more likely a fault code these vag the trough faults everytime so a must is to have vcds when doing vag vehicles best tool for what it does.

kenancatli
18th January, 2020, 01:44 AM
Hello
I have vvdi2 full version, I try first vvdi2
Vvdi2 can't connect.

kenancatli
18th January, 2020, 01:44 AM
I try and report
Thanks

rapidlocksmiths
18th January, 2020, 11:49 AM
if just cloning then only thing that would lock the ecu is if you have turned ignition on and off too many times with an unprogrammed key whilst sniffing data , soft reset of ignition on with original key for 45 mins would clear this if the case.

if kdx2 has wiped original key then thats a bad flaw with kdx2 , but if a flaw of the machine then im sure this issue would be plastered all over the internet and common knowledge .

vvdi2 not getting comms with ecu is another ball game , check fuses and power to obd , i take it that the original key was starting the engine before you tried to clone it ?

kenancatli
18th January, 2020, 06:36 PM
Problem solved,
Vvdi2 orginal full version, can't add key, can't read eeprom!!! Fvdi2018 can't, I read ecu on bench, find pincode,vcds can't add key!!! add key with obdstar dp successfully. Fk kdx2 tools 100% brick immobiliser!!!!!!

Thanks
Regards

comizelu
18th January, 2020, 07:28 PM
Problem solved,
Vvdi2 orginal full version, can't add key, can't read eeprom!!! Fvdi2018 can't, I read ecu on bench, find pincode,vcds can't add key!!! add key with obdstar dp successfully. Fk kdx2 tools 100% brick immobiliser!!!!!!

Thanks
RegardsI do not clone much but when I have to,kd served me well.
Never had any issues with it.
Depending on the engine,if petrol vvdi2 cannot read ECU,fvdi neither.
But,vvdi2 can read pin from cluster, depending again from what engine is on the car.

If your vcds cannot add key it means you have a bad clone. Done plenty k-line cars with vcds no issues.
So,don't blame the tools, sometimes you need to know which one and how to use it!

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

kenancatli
18th January, 2020, 08:39 PM
Hello
Kdx2 good for remote , transponder clone id48 risk!!!
I have always clone do with handy baby never problem no risk!!! Do wrong or not wrong , no risk.
I have not wrong done, kdx2 big problem!!!!
Regards

comizelu
18th January, 2020, 08:46 PM
Hello
I have always clone do with handy baby never problem no risk!!! Do wrong or not wrong , no risk.
RegardsAs I said,I done clone much but never had problems with it and never heard anyone having this problem.You are the first one I hear!
You still don't want to tell us what you done to the car..
You still did not answered to @rapid,how did u sniff?
And,as @rapid says,ECU will not lock if u use a working key!
Also,if ECU gets locked is very easy to unlock,just keep ignition on for 45mins.

What did damage kd?

p1et
18th January, 2020, 08:47 PM
Hello
Regards

So why not clone with handy baby this time then?

comizelu
18th January, 2020, 08:48 PM
So why not clone with handy baby this time then?Haha,
Good question @p1et ..[emoji16][emoji6][emoji106]

kenancatli
18th January, 2020, 09:58 PM
I have try handy baby not success!!!

kenancatli
18th January, 2020, 10:00 PM
I have try handy baby not success!!!
Vvdi mini keytool not success!!!
Not bricked this 2 tools!!!
Regards

fred77
18th January, 2020, 10:08 PM
Seems strange - nothing too serious on just cloning key. Never panic otherwise situation made much worse

godfathertre
18th January, 2020, 11:08 PM
Can you read the key data from original
Key with handybaby if so than your immobiliser is locked if no key data than you
Pull pincode and program another transponder you should not take this job
Without right tools as I said vcds is a must on vag vehicles clear fault codes and leave ignition on car should start if the
Key data has been damaged than just
Pull pincode and program another transponder to car that is it and lastly please
Give thanks to people on this forum helping you.

rapidlocksmiths
19th January, 2020, 01:17 AM
thousands of people clone id48 chips with KDX2 every day worldwide , and you are the first ive read with this issue , if there was an issue the forums and groups would be awash with posts on this , it isnt, all you read is just successes and some failures , but no bricked cars , you cant brick a car if cloning , you can kill a key , but you cant brick a car , immo or ecu cloning at all as you dont write to or alter any units at all , so if those thousands have no issue each day and as its a fact that you cant brick a car , ecu or immobiliser from cloning then i think we can safely say the tool is not unsafe , i rarely clone as prefer obd.

you say you tried handy baby and failed , you say you tried vvdi key tool and failed but neither of these tools bricked car , yet you think kdx2 did , hmm maybe here is another possibility , if neither handy baby or vvdi key tool bricked car as you put it , then i assume you used these first before kdx2 , as i doubt you would try and clone a key if the car is already bricked as that would be silly as could never work, so more likely if tried handy baby and vvdi key tool first is you have tried to sniff data with an unprogrammed key too many times over the 3 tools and locked the ecu , simple soft reset would have fixed this if the case .

you say vvdi , fvdi etc all failed to code key , this isnt uncommon as vag use so many ecu and software variants that no tool covers all , but all tools have some coverage another doesnt , on this occasion it was obdstar , this is common for vag to have to use numerous tools on older cars some polo and beetle are good examples , one generally works . but the BIG POINT here is as obdstar managed to code the key , then in that case THE ECU WAS NOT BRICKED , had it been bricked then no tool would have succeeded on a bricked ecu and as you cant brick a car , immobiliser or ecu by cloning and you had at this point only tried cloning then this leads me to think ecu was locked and only needed a soft reset.

vcds is excellent on vag , you either did something wrong or you have a bad vcds , maybe a clone ?

its easy to blame your tools , far easier than looking deeper at it , kdx2 is safe on id48 cloning , thousands of people every day have no issues , just you , so far better than blame your tools is maybe to research , ask questions and look at where you went wrong and what actually caused the issue , this way you earn valuable knowledge and learn not to make the same error again , just blaming the tool teaches you nothing of any worth , its easier to blame and slate a decent tool than look at ones own failings.

on the plus side the job is done and resolved so a good end , but one thing is for sure your ecu and immo was not bricked as this would be a physical impossibility with a cloner as you dont communicate with , write to or even access these units , so cant happen.

Jimmy07
21st January, 2020, 09:28 AM
Done a Fabia yesterday cloned with X2 no issues at all. Only cloned this as boy racer car re-mapped, aftermarket radio, parrot kit, LED lights everywhere so didn’t know what other mods were done so thought it would be safer to clone on this occasion but as I said no issues at all