PDA

View Full Version : damaged BMW FEM Exchange to an used one , we can ?

TERMINATOR1000
18th January, 2020, 12:34 AM
hello customer damage his car after plug an used FEM ( door lock problem before exchange ) , now car start only after push it .
1) It's possible swap only EEPROM on FEM use another one OR ISN are stored on another MCU ?
2 ) why starter does not turn now ( need use RESET FEM TO STAT option ? ) ?

BMW Main dealer CAN NOT coding new FEM ( £600 ) , car restore after fire starter inside by other electronic control module with other VIN , BMW simply wan to change FEM , DME ... & ALL ECU none original

Heedol
18th January, 2020, 12:49 AM
ISN stored in MCU. EEPROM swap wont help. You need new fem from dealer preapared by car vin or used FEM + key or ISN. Then unlock it, change vin, isn, reset mileage, make new keys. And after fem replacement you must do starter reset using ista diagnostic

Manta1600
18th January, 2020, 01:05 AM
Autohex has option to make key on bench FEM AKL - So for sure you can use used FEM without key if your tool has this capability

TERMINATOR1000
18th January, 2020, 09:25 AM
many thanks !
Customer already ordering NEW FEM , car is in BMW garage , they totally fail to repair car !
OK , I think it's just RESET FEM TO START needed , i will test when customer take out the car

owari
18th January, 2020, 09:56 PM
hello , you need new FEM or buy used and virigin it and programm new key with isn from ecu.

u.s
19th January, 2020, 10:38 AM
Also looking for info on changing FEM.
From what I've read we can exchange 2 bga chips and 2 eeprom chips from old fem to used fem.

What if we have a used FEM with a key and know it's ISN ?

Do we put that ISN into engine ECU, change vin in FEM, and then code to car?

Or, get ISN from engine ECU and put that into the used FEM, change VIN in used FEM and make key and then code to car?

Also, how to 'virgin' a used FEM?

Manta1600
19th January, 2020, 10:46 AM
Also looking for info on changing FEM.
From what I've read we can exchange 2 bga chips and 2 eeprom chips from old fem to used fem.

What if we have a used FEM with a key and know it's ISN ?

Do we put that ISN into engine ECU, change vin in FEM, and then code to car?

Or, get ISN from engine ECU and put that into the used FEM, change VIN in used FEM and make key and then code to car?

Also, how to 'virgin' a used FEM?

Why must change the chips if donor FEM work - just program key on bench and adapt to car

u.s
19th January, 2020, 11:01 AM
Why must change the chips if donor FEM work - just program key on bench and adapt to car

I assume this is if you have Autohex?
I only have vvdi2 and vvdi prog

lion0304
19th January, 2020, 11:18 AM

It dependant what solution in your hand, if you have tool you can do, but for me, i'll change BGA its faster for me because BGA rework is one of some skill i have.

u.s
19th January, 2020, 11:28 AM
It dependant what solution in your hand, if you have tool you can do, but for me, i'll change BGA its faster for me because BGA rework is one of some skill i have.

I can also do bga rework, but more interested in how to use the tools i have

lion0304
19th January, 2020, 11:48 AM
I can also do bga rework, but more interested in how to use the tools i have

So you have 1 more choice than me ;)