PDA

View Full Version : Crafter Edc16cp34 problems

aidanb
18th January, 2020, 07:16 PM
Have the above ecu (2008 2.5 109), was sent away to have immobiliser turned off, convert from auto gearbox to manual, and mild tune. It worked OK, but very aggressive tune not mild, and turbo blew shortly after.
Instead of sending it back, I connected to clone bdm and did full read. Tune was actually for a 163 model to about 200bhp. I toned it down slightly in winols and wrote back. Everything said OK, but ecu not communicating when in the van.
I wrote the other tune back to it, still no communication in van.
Connect back to bdm and it reads and writes fine.
Is the ecu dead? It's not difficult to get another one, but would need to write eeprom and possibly kill that too?

jurebv
18th January, 2020, 07:25 PM
your tool does checksums? check first that...also possibility that was damaged on opening

aidanb
18th January, 2020, 07:46 PM
It does give the option on this bdm do do checksums, I have done that and wrote it again, will connect tomorrow and try.
However I have been using it to write my 2011 renault trafic, and as far as I remember winols did checksums for both.
I do have another ecu kit for the van (actually a flatbed), but the new kit was from a van, so has faults for sliding doors, light switch doesn't work properly