PDA

View Full Version : Eurovox 5000 PVR HD format?

coolj99
23rd September, 2008, 07:23 PM
Hi all,

Bought a Eurovox 5000 PVR but the HD which was shipped with it (120 GB Seagate) isn't picked up the sw on the PVR. It just says 0%/ not detected. I have load the latest image from the forum on to the box.

Can't find any instructiions for formatting the drive on the menu or in the manual. Should I just take it to the PC and format it? If so, what format is needed?

Thanks in advance
CJ

satsmo
23rd September, 2008, 09:47 PM
It doesnt need to be formatted. Presume you have flashed with 1.1A. Make sure you have pushed the HDD all the way home, as it sometimes isnt sat on the IDE pins. Then try a recording it should then recognise the HDD.

If not switch it off and back on from the back switch and try recording again.

coolj99
24th September, 2008, 07:40 AM
Pulled out the drive, reinserted. Can definitely hear it spin up. But still no joy on recording! :-( Any further suggestions.

PhillyRob
24th September, 2008, 11:33 AM
Have you tried recording first? It doesnt detect the hard drive until something has been recorded on it for some reason.

I have had lots of issues with recording on mine - only seems to work when it feels like! Worked fine for a few days then when try to record something it records nothing for 4 seconds then stops! Timeshift no longer works on mine either.

Dont think theres any option to reformat it - just delete all the recordings and take it out and put it back in! Think when you delete all channels or do a factory reset it asks if you want to delete all recordings too so maybe that formats it??

coolj99
3rd October, 2008, 08:58 PM
That was it! Once you press record, the pvr button no longer displays an error! Thanks for the tip.