PDA

View Full Version : fgtech v54 checksum error

Adzer
20th January, 2020, 10:46 PM
good evening,

im new to using fgtech v54 so please bare with me :rofl:

today I tried to clone an ecu to see how the software works and get a feel for it.

the ecu's in question is siemens ems2 from bmw mini

ive read the original ecu no problem, ive then tried to write this file onto my spare ecu. im presuming this is the correct way to do it? anyway when I tried to write the file onto the ecu I got an error massage "checksum not supported" then it fails to write the file to ecu.

can anyone tell me where im going wrong?

thanks

bodzio012
20th January, 2020, 11:10 PM
You need to calc by winols or other programs because this ECU FGTech not calc, you has massage "checksum not supported"

Adzer
20th January, 2020, 11:16 PM
would this be the reason for it not writing the file onto the other ecu?

so if i calc the file with winols the file will then write onto the ecu?

Koom
21st January, 2020, 12:39 AM
Hi, you can to write is not a problem. It’s original flash, don’t need calculate checksum.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Adzer
21st January, 2020, 12:57 AM
i tried reading the file from the original ecu and write it onto the replcement ecu, car wouldnt start so it didnt work?

Koom
21st January, 2020, 12:58 AM
Same références of ecu ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

morgano
21st January, 2020, 12:25 PM
OBD read/write never good to clone an ecu. Need bootmode/BDM.

Adzer
21st January, 2020, 12:32 PM
is it possible to bootmode/bdm the siemens ems2 ecu? if so can you point me in the direction of how to do it please

morgano
21st January, 2020, 12:41 PM
Sure is possible, read your tool documentation. If supported by your tool the connection schema will be there.

Adzer
21st January, 2020, 01:42 PM
im using fgtech v54 clone and it can only read/write the ecu via the obd, no info on any other ways to read/write the ecu

i also have genuine kess v2/k-tag and they can also only read via obd, no choice to read the ecu with k-tag via boot/bdm