PDA

View Full Version : End of Truecode?

fred77
21st January, 2020, 09:05 PM
No activity of Truecode website and its forum down
Doesn't look good no activity for a long time.

Hope Chris just taking a rest

whiskeyman
21st January, 2020, 09:16 PM
think he has formed a new company

TERMINATOR1000
21st January, 2020, 09:46 PM
.... how bought an tool no updated since 2 years ago ????

rapidlocksmiths
22nd January, 2020, 12:33 AM
i dont believe chris would turn his back on his truecode customers , even if he is working on other projects i am certain he will ensure his customers can continue to use what they purchased , he is one of the most honest upfront people ive met in this trade , so rather than speculate i wait for what comes next , speculation and rumour is normally way off of the mark , so i wait for facts and in the meantime continue to make profit with my truecode

As ive said before theres no updates as there is nothing to update , everything listed works and doesnt need updates , you dont fix what isnt broken . if by updates you mean new licences , then no there hasnt been new coverage for a while , i dont know the reasons or if theres new coverage in the pipeline , if not then im sure theres good reason for it and im equally sure all truecode users will be able to continue using truecode they own .

i suspect alot of manufacturers will slow down on development , as all are seeing their sales fall due falling rates in the flooded market making their kit too expensive for many and the love affair with china most now prefer , falling sales = lower development budgets , this is an issue most diag manufacturers face as china kit gets better and is where so many buy now , after all no one works for nothing , look at the recent sale on smart pro , buy full software for £8000 , no one can tell me that this is just a generous offer from AD and silca , this will in my opinion be a direct result of the disastrous initial release of smart pro , never has their been so many issues with an ad product , as most now use the token machine only on newer ford and a few oddballs as a back up unit to other kit even token sales will be dwindling , so i suspect has resulted in less sales , combined with the migration to chinese kit , i suspect even the mighty are feeling the pinch .

ive no worries with truecode , as im sure chris will ensure his customers are fine

Jimmy07
22nd January, 2020, 08:47 AM
I agree with what your saying however I’ve now sent 3 emails asking for a bit more detail on his new Fiat tool and no reply ?

Was planning on buying this now but it’s not good business to develop and market something then not answer sales enquires

Very strange way to do business

rapidlocksmiths
22nd January, 2020, 10:24 AM
err chris isnt selling this new kit , it is another firm selling it , if you contact a distributor of the new kit like 3d group etc or halkyard direct , i suspect you will get your answers , chris is just listed as an advisor . chris isnt marketing this kit , so id point your questions at halkyard direct or at a distributor like 3d and get your answers , not strange if you consider that if hes not selling the product then he cant answer sales enquiries on it .

ive no idea on future plans , though im sure all will eventually become clear to us all .

fred77
22nd January, 2020, 12:52 PM
So Chris's interests lie elsewhere right now.

Last 2 Nissans I've done - had to use SmartPro to code remotes.
Truecode is good, but not complete software

rapidlocksmiths
22nd January, 2020, 01:01 PM
like you ive no idea where interests lie , but im fairly certain he wouldnt desert his customer base , thats just not the way he works

Jimmy07
22nd January, 2020, 02:29 PM
Also sent 2 emails to them at Truecode asking a couple of questions about Truecode I stated clearly I was a buyer again nothing ?

Emails are over a week old now. I’m in no panic to buy and have funds here to buy if they would have responded......

I understand he’s running a small company and is probably busy but doesn’t give much encouragement if there was support needed if can’t answer sales enquires......

eurodash
22nd January, 2020, 05:47 PM
Tried to contact them though 3 different email addresses and mobile number no reply would be nice to know what’s happening

rapidlocksmiths
22nd January, 2020, 05:51 PM
all i can suggest is to email chris , ive always used chris@keyprogrammers.com

if hes out of country it can take a while , but when hes in uk hes always come back to me and always resolved my issue , i had to reactivate in december , all done in 24 hours using above email address . someone did mention a breavement recently , but im not sure if the case or not .

all i can suggest is try and email chris or ask via a truecode distributor who will have a direct line to him.

Jimmy07
22nd January, 2020, 06:08 PM
Yes read good reports about the tool and software. Will try his email in a few days if there’s a death in the family totally understandable he’s not picking up.

Thanks 👍🏻

rapidlocksmiths
22nd January, 2020, 06:29 PM
it was just what someone had said , im not sure if the case or just another rumour , would be a sick rumour if the case , but chinese whispers and speculation normally get exagerated and become detached from the truth , though id hate to speculate on such a matter.

what i do know is chris is an honest hard working chap , who to the best of my knowledge hasnt ever turned anyone over in past so i cant see him starting now.

Jimmy07
22nd January, 2020, 07:37 PM
Yes heard the same about the man. I’ll leave it for now and try and contact him again next week in case “rumours” are true

whiskeyman
22nd January, 2020, 10:50 PM
err chris isnt selling this new kit , it is another firm selling it , if you contact a distributor of the new kit like 3d group etc or halkyard direct , i suspect you will get your answers , chris is just listed as an advisor . chris isnt marketing this kit , so id point your questions at halkyard direct or at a distributor like 3d and get your answers , not strange if you consider that if hes not selling the product then he cant answer sales enquiries on it .

ive no idea on future plans , though im sure all will eventually become clear to us all .

you need to look who is behind the company pinky

super jumbe
23rd January, 2020, 09:15 PM
Getting worried if some thing goes wrong with truecode software we want able to solve and we will lose all the payments made to them.

keyprogramming
23rd January, 2020, 10:31 PM
all i can suggest is to email chris , ive always used chris@keyprogrammers.com

if hes out of country it can take a while , but when hes in uk hes always come back to me and always resolved my issue , i had to reactivate in december , all done in 24 hours using above email address . someone did mention a breavement recently , but im not sure if the case or not .

all i can suggest is try and email chris or ask via a truecode distributor who will have a direct line to him.
I dropped Chris at the above email address a query regarding a Prox Key for a Nissan Juke on Jan 14th, and he came back with a reply next day. maybe something has happened afterwards.

TERMINATOR1000
23rd January, 2020, 11:22 PM
Tried to contact them though 3 different email addresses and mobile number no reply would be nice to know what’s happening

i'm in same case with www.xtooltech.com ! no AFTER SALE CONTACT available !

Manta1600
24th January, 2020, 02:19 AM
"the rumors of truecode death have been greatly exaggerated"

by Mark Twain

TERMINATOR1000
24th January, 2020, 11:11 AM
China new year holidays !

super jumbe
24th January, 2020, 11:28 AM
China new year holidays !

Trucode keyprogrammers based in Lancashire UK and not in china.

bioggy
24th January, 2020, 12:59 PM

If your UK based Autowave provide support for the product. If you buy it if them I assume tho.

godfathertre
24th January, 2020, 03:02 PM
I hope oll okay my laptop
Overheated I emailed Chris today to reactivate my software to another laptop I hope will be able
To sort me out as soon as possible.

super jumbe
24th January, 2020, 09:28 PM
I hope oll okay my laptop
Overheated I emailed Chris today to reactivate my software to another laptop I hope will be able
To sort me out as soon as possible.

Did Chris replied to your email?

godfathertre
25th January, 2020, 03:14 AM
Still waiting for reply
I will think again
About buying this type of
Software in future this is the
Second laptop failing within a few months
last time it took 2 days
Means losing jobs if
You do not have alternative kit
Why is the software not
Locked to dongle only means
You could use in more than one
Laptop very inconvenient
When something happen
To reactivate software so losing jobs.

super jumbe
25th January, 2020, 10:07 AM
I personally did thought that I am gambling with my money when you deal with one private business man then investing the money with the company who deals with world wide Business Empire, lets see and wait few more days if no answer we are done!!! Imagine every person may have spent £5000 on software they may have sold more then 25,000 customers around the world, roughly made £ 12500000 that’s lots of money.

rapidlocksmiths
25th January, 2020, 11:27 AM
i have my truecode software loaded to 2 x toughbook laptops and 1 windows tablet , chris has never minded opening your access to more than 1 laptop , so every time ive upgraded in past , ive sent 3 x requests for activation codes from all 3 laptops , so if a lap top goes down i still work and use the tool , i naturally assumed that everyone would do the same as avoids downtime or issues after upgrade, always pays to be prepared.

its very hard to know what the facts are with so many rumours , chinese whispers and false info flying around , but If what ive heard is correct it may take a little while for all to return to normal , but things should return to normal , chris is one of the few good guys and im sure wouldnt let everyone down .

id sooner deal with the likes of chris than a large corperation , ive had my backside bitten and my pockets picked by plenty of large outfits , if our own customers prefered dealing with large chains none of us would have a business at all , where would any of us be if our own customers decided they didnt want to deal with a small business as safer and better service from a larger national company .

EMCE159
25th January, 2020, 11:58 AM

rapidlocksmiths
25th January, 2020, 12:15 PM
not so wierd if what ive heard is correct , in fact quite common and happens daily in such situations . im not going to post on what ive been told as its from a 3rd party and not my business and not from horses mouth , but if correct there will no doubt be some short term disruption , but ive no reason to doubt that at some point normal service will resume.

EMCE159
25th January, 2020, 12:23 PM

godfathertre
25th January, 2020, 12:50 PM
Need to get activated on two laptops
If this is okay with Chris.

eurodash
26th January, 2020, 09:50 AM
Had email from Chris the other day he has sent out new usb stick which arrived yesterday

rapidlocksmiths
26th January, 2020, 12:03 PM
so no doom and gloom , just blip , maybe chinese whispers can stop now

super jumbe
26th January, 2020, 01:01 PM
At last there is light end of the tunnel thanks….http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/hmmmm.gif

super jumbe
28th January, 2020, 03:01 PM
Need to get activated on two laptops
If this is okay with Chris.

Did you get it sorted mate!

Jimmy07
28th January, 2020, 08:05 PM
Received email this morning after enquiring about new Fiat tool so looks like all is back to normal

rapidlocksmiths
29th January, 2020, 12:59 AM
so no doom and gloom , no conspiracy theories , no end of anything , just stuff that needs sorting out and requires time and effort so causes a minor temporary blip . shit happens and at some point we all have stuff to deal with that forces us to concentrate on other things for a while , its a part of life that at some point affects all of us mere mortals.

we just hope that when something disturbs the momentum of our own life and well being , no one will tarnish our reputations or speculate on our intentions online while we sort things as sometimes we all need a time out to get straight.

chalky78
29th January, 2020, 01:46 AM
To jimmy:

Hello,

I have had one email from you. I replied within 12 minutes. I'm not sure where you have been sending any other messages.

Chris Halkyard.

chalky78
29th January, 2020, 01:49 AM

Who are you? I have no customer matching your details. Happy to discuss whatever issue you seem to have with me.

chalky78
29th January, 2020, 01:50 AM

What is your email address? Had nothing from anyone matching these details. Mine is chris@keyprogrammers.com

chalky78
29th January, 2020, 01:53 AM
Still waiting for reply
I will think again
About buying this type of
Software in future this is the
Second laptop failing within a few months
last time it took 2 days
Means losing jobs if
You do not have alternative kit
Why is the software not
Locked to dongle only means
You could use in more than one
Laptop very inconvenient
When something happen
To reactivate software so losing jobs.

Hello,

I'm not sure why your laptops are failing within a few weeks of each other. As Martin said, you can quite happily activate a spare license. I do that for lots of people.

chalky78
29th January, 2020, 02:01 AM
Is this a official english document for companies?
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07245496/filing-history
It turns out that Chris changed name? Weird situation.

Hello,

Your last email to me was October 17th. I'm not sure what your issue with my change of name is, but happy to discuss. Email me as usual to chris@keyprogrammers.com, and I'll reply in the same timely fashion as usual.

Chris Halkyard

chalky78
29th January, 2020, 02:02 AM

No idea what your issue is my friend, but I'm certainly not on Chinese holiday. What's your name? I'll see if you're in my spam.

Jimmy07
29th January, 2020, 07:20 AM
Was sent to info@

There must be an issue with this address either putting messages in your spam folder or something as a few on here have said they mailed also.

Your chris@ seems to be fine as got answered very fast. Check your info@ as you wouldn’t want to lose business over some glitch

TERMINATOR1000
29th January, 2020, 09:17 AM
No idea what your issue is my friend, but I'm certainly not on Chinese holiday. What's your name? I'll see if you're in my spam.

it's an joke sir , i am not customer yet !

EMCE159
29th January, 2020, 09:49 AM
Hello,

Your last email to me was October 17th. I'm not sure what your issue with my change of name is, but happy to discuss. Email me as usual to chris@keyprogrammers.com, and I'll reply in the same timely fashion as usual.

Chris Halkyard

I have no issue, just searched net for some info and found that. That's all. Just been worried about my device. Happy that everything is OK.

rapidlocksmiths
29th January, 2020, 10:48 AM
so from the horses mouth , not abducted by aliens and not the end of anything , just a case of innacurate speculation and an incorrect/faulty email address and adding up 2 + 2 to make 7, doesnt take much to tarnish an impeccable reputation online does it , i know we have all suffered at the hands of not so ethical manufacturers , zedbull , abrites and china , but like locksmiths , not all are the same , some really are genuine .

chalky78
29th January, 2020, 11:44 AM
it's an joke sir , i am not customer yet !

Hi,

You are across several threads complaining/criticising me and my work - but you are not a customer?

Oh, okay... wow.

godfathertre
29th January, 2020, 07:09 PM
I had one laptop reactivated with
Licence I did ask if I could activate on another laptop but not answer from Chris
The activation can be a pain emailed on Friday was activated on Monday so eighter another tools is available or be able to use in 2 or 3 laptops you will loose business
This is the only thing that
Is annoying about the tool and
I wish could be sorted by Chris.

rapidlocksmiths
30th January, 2020, 12:40 AM
I had one laptop reactivated with
Licence I did ask if I could activate on another laptop but not answer from Chris
The activation can be a pain emailed on Friday was activated on Monday so eighter another tools is available or be able to use in 2 or 3 laptops you will loose business
This is the only thing that
Is annoying about the tool and
I wish could be sorted by Chris.

chris has already answered you on this thread and has said hes happy to activate your second laptop , look at post 41 on page 3 of this thread , chalky78 is chris and he answered you there saying its fine , so all you need to do is load the software to your second laptop , send him the codes and he will send you the activation code , im surprised you havnt read it and sent him the codes already .

as chris confirmed in post 41 , plenty of people me included have activated the software on a 2nd laptop , chris has always been happy to do this , unlike many manufacturers he worked as an auto locksmith too and understands the job and the issues we face , he has always been happy to activate a 2nd laptop , you shouldnt have been annoyed with the tool as this facility has always been available to you as a truecode owner , many of us have already had this for years now.

im lost as to what else he can do , he couldnt be clearer here already where he has said he has no problem with this , so load software and send him the codes , he cant activate it till you do this.

instakeys
30th January, 2020, 07:09 AM
Hi,

You are across several threads complaining/criticising me and my work - but you are not a customer?

Oh, okay... wow.

just hijacking this thread...
we all want to know what’s next for Halkyard Tech ????
New Fiat offering looks good, and no doubt it’ll do exactly what it says on the tin. What else is in the works Chris?

godfathertre
30th January, 2020, 04:03 PM
Truecode all running good
Chris very good support
Two laptops reactivated
With truecode I can only reccomend
This Gentlaman since they are
Very few company left
That look after customer like Chris does well done.

super jumbe
30th January, 2020, 06:08 PM
Truecode all running good
Chris very good support
Two laptops reactivated
With truecode I can only reccomend
This Gentlaman since they are
Very few company left
That look after customer like Chris does well done.

Chris is a great man, very happy to hear mate Mr chalky78 keep up the good work thanks.

whiskeyman
30th January, 2020, 10:30 PM
chris has already answered you on this thread and has said hes happy to activate your second laptop , look at post 41 on page 3 of this thread , chalky78 is chris and he answered you there saying its fine , so all you need to do is load the software to your second laptop , send him the codes and he will send you the activation code , im surprised you havnt read it and sent him the codes already .

as chris confirmed in post 41 , plenty of people me included have activated the software on a 2nd laptop , chris has always been happy to do this , unlike many manufacturers he worked as an auto locksmith too and understands the job and the issues we face , he has always been happy to activate a 2nd laptop , you shouldnt have been annoyed with the tool as this facility has always been available to you as a truecode owner , many of us have already had this for years now.

im lost as to what else he can do , he couldnt be clearer here already where he has said he has no problem with this , so load software and send him the codes , he cant activate it till you do this.

i too have had activated on 2nd laptop over the years
after his first bit of software got cloned by chinese he was very wary to whom he gave out the software too
remember like all softwares
we dont own the software we only pay to rent to use you could say
we are not the owners

and glad chris back on the go

fred77
3rd February, 2020, 10:46 PM
Little late ....
Thanks Chris hope things get better.

But is TrueCode being dropped and Halkyard Tech taking over?
Or both in parallel.
-or nothing to do with you (Instakeys post more hearsay?)

Interface isn't expensive so guess doesn't matter. Just keep developing thanks

Alpaholic
6th February, 2020, 08:49 PM
Hi guys, just bought HKTC3 SOFTWARE UPDATE (HYUNDAI & KIA) and LAND ROVER & RANGE ROVER.

My ZedFull said „do at your owne risk“ at Landrover. Hope TC is a Good solution.

Is is possible to make the keyless Key for Hyundai IX35 with HKTC3 ?

rapidlocksmiths
6th February, 2020, 09:40 PM
ix35 is listed in the coverage , so will work , chris doesnt list non working software . but what has hktc to do with land rover ? if you have bought the land rover software as well then it is the same for all diag tools , if an updated kvm then you do the job at your own risk , we have all been warned of the potential issues its down to us and us alone if we choose to take that risk

Alpaholic
7th February, 2020, 12:02 AM
Hi rapid,

i bought two licences, HKTC3 for Hyundai and on for Land Rover.

I didnt know that its so risky with an updated kvm.

rapidlocksmiths
7th February, 2020, 12:39 AM
most after 2014 are likely to have updated kvm , not all but most of them , some earlier than this if they have been to dealership for work , there was a thread here where someone came unstuck on a 2010/2011 jaguar , everything you do is at your own risk , when you click those terms and conditions that no one ever reads tell you this , with JLR some manufactures kits read the kvm serial number first and warn you if one to be avoided as your zedfull did , it is then your choice to either walk away or chance your luck .

kit like acdp is good for dealing with these updated kvm units by removing the kvm and reading it , but no kit is considered safe on later ones by obd it is always at your own risk

Alpaholic
7th February, 2020, 10:47 AM
Hi Rapid,

so TC is also risky and warns you bevore?

Im not very experienced with damaging cars, had never problems. And i dont wanna start with things which are not Save.

Zedfull warns you everytime, in you step through the menues. Every car after 2014 has a warning.

Alpaholic
7th February, 2020, 10:58 AM
I saw the video about kvm and adcp, man, i just want to do save things with only obd.

rapidlocksmiths
7th February, 2020, 11:08 AM
nothing is ever 100% safe , so many things can cause issues when coding keys , thats why you click on and accept the terms and conditions of use which pretty much tell you that you are on your own at your own risk.

not all machines warn you of the known problem ones , though most now do on certain nissan and JLR.

if you only want to do known 100% safe things by obd you are going to limit what you do alot.

new cars get far more complex , everytime they crack new cars theres risk as software new and often with bugs , it has never been 100% .

if you want to do the later vehicles then you have to invest in more expensive kit and take risks especially on new coverage .

plus anyone can do the easy safe jobs by obd with many cheap programmers , so the rates are poor and that area of market is flooded , the better rates are always in what they cant do.

Alpaholic
7th February, 2020, 04:49 PM
Chris send me an email, he said its not possible with LRTC1 to damage the kvm.

rapidlocksmiths
7th February, 2020, 05:07 PM
as far as im aware truecode will not harm a kvm that hasnt been updated to the protected kvm but wont do an updated kvm , i may be wrong but this is what i understand to be the case.

Alpaholic
7th February, 2020, 05:14 PM
Ok, but you said most of the 2014- keyless are updated, issnt it sensless to try programm this key with that module?

rapidlocksmiths
7th February, 2020, 05:51 PM
its sensless to try and program without checking , but , its not senseless to read the kvm serial as this causes no damage just reading , some are not updated , some programmers allow you to read the kvm serial , from this you know if updated or not and if safe to proceed or not , as some will not be protected you can proceed and the dealers are dear on these so you can make a good margin as the year of car will scare most off . but if the vehicle is an earlier model that has been into the main dealer for work they have been known to change the kvm on them , so its possible to see an updated kvm on earlier models , there is a thread on this forum where someone came unstuck on a 2010 or 2012 model on a jaguar that had a read only kvm on it , so pays to err with caution on all of them, as that 1 time you get complacent ......... , and one dead one will mean having to do between 15 and 40 jobs to recover the loss depending on what you charge per job, if you cant put it right yourself or know a man that can.

Alpaholic
7th February, 2020, 05:57 PM
Ahh ok, so if a customer comes with a LR4 2015, it ist the updated version?

rapidlocksmiths
7th February, 2020, 06:04 PM
it may or may not be updated , you dont know till you check . ive had a 2016 not updated and ive had a late 63 plate 2013 that was updated , remember registration years are not accurate , some cars sit on the docks and in the yards and at the dealerships for a long time before being sold and registered , registrations dont always match manufactured year . plus depends on factory and what stock they have , they all will have used their old stock up before starting with new units .
so someone comes with a 2015 , you read the kvm serial number , from this you determine if worth proceeding and spin that wheel or dont.

this is why on certain years you see both old and new systems.

Alpaholic
7th February, 2020, 08:29 PM
Thanks rapid, this helps alot. TC is a very nice product with a good UI, but I have a lot of stuff, so its better for me to wait.

PixelsFixed
7th February, 2020, 11:20 PM
The past two weeks:-

2014 RRS unlocked
2015 XF unlocked
2014 L405 unlocked.

I told all those customers their modules were, "in all probability" locked.

2011 L322 locked!
I never even mentioned the possibility to him, so unlikely did it seem!

2011 Evoque unlocked
2013 D4 unlocked

2015 Evoque locked

2014 L405 unlocked
2011 L322 unlocked

2018 Discovery Sport locked.

You really just need to check and see - anything from 2010 on *could* be locked.
I use Yanhua with the locked ones. Works well.

rapidlocksmiths
8th February, 2020, 12:25 AM
my point exactly , you have to check and be sure before proceeding , if not it can end in tears , you will see locked kvm units on older models than 2014 some as early as 2010 , and you will see unlocked units on models after 2014 , thus you check.

rapidlocksmiths
8th February, 2020, 12:28 AM
Thanks rapid, this helps alot. TC is a very nice product with a good UI, but I have a lot of stuff, so its better for me to wait.

why is it better to wait ?? we have told you that you just need to check , before proceeding to key programming to be safe .

Alpaholic
8th February, 2020, 01:27 AM
I had a call from a customer with a new LR4, he needed the key, cause he dont want to pay 350€ at LR. So i ordered the proxi key at ali. Now its most likely that it could be that it will not work. The hole thing with the kvm wassnt clear for me. I thought i buy this module and every Modell works. Its my fault, i had to inform myself in advance. In my area are not much LR key requests, thats why its not a good cost benefit ratio..... Next month i will start an AdWords campaign in my area, hope to get a better picture of the market.

sjc1
8th February, 2020, 07:28 PM
So how can we tell if a unit is locked/updated? If we try obd does it damage KVM

Alpaholic
8th February, 2020, 10:39 PM
If you use LTC1 you can not damage the kvm if its an updated one. It will not programm a key, thats all.

rapidlocksmiths
9th February, 2020, 12:04 AM
truecode wont let you proceeed if updated , avdi allows you to read kvm serial so you can check if an updated serial , some others too , if updated then its remove kvm and use a tool like acdp to do keys

in your case as you have key and ltc1 try it , if it lets you code key alls good , if not you walk away , its worth a punt

Jimmy07
9th February, 2020, 12:21 AM
Is there a database to check if KVM has had an upgrade or where can you get the info from ?

Someone said if you don’t get communication with the likes of MVP unplug unit as it’s been upgraded.

Have ACDP but if it can be done OBD it’s easier. Problem is a if you stumble on a 2011-12 with upgrade it’s trouble. I’ve seen BMW 2009 with software updates but at least you tell easily

PixelsFixed
9th February, 2020, 12:21 AM
Some tools do damage - like SKP900 for example. Most allow you to read the software version and decide whether to proceed. Some just won't communicate with the locked module after software identification. Sometimes you need to do a battery reset to bring the kvm back to life.

PixelsFixed
9th February, 2020, 12:27 AM
Is there a database to check if KVM has had an upgrade or where can you get the info from ?

Someone said if you don’t get communication with the likes of MVP unplug unit as it’s been upgraded.

Have ACDP but if it can be done OBD it’s easier. Problem is a if you stumble on a 2011-12 with upgrade it’s trouble

ACDP by OBD should be the answer? If you have ACDP, it's not a difficult job. It's fast becoming my most used tool.

Jimmy07
9th February, 2020, 09:27 AM
I’ve only done 2 jobs to date with ACDP a 17 Jag and 16 LR. Haven’t used it OBD yet on older KVM

sjc1
9th February, 2020, 02:05 PM
So has any one have a serial list or cut off number to show what units are updated?

Fallen
22nd June, 2020, 01:51 PM
I see Chris's new tool has ford listed to 2020 but I don't see any update for Truecode.
Anybody got some information on this?

rapidlocksmiths
22nd June, 2020, 02:22 PM
looking at the new tool its seems to have the same coverage as truecode ftc4 with a few additions to 2020 like transit , cmax and ka . so will work alongside truecode , but it does look like the new tools are the future direction and not the old faithfull truecode unit .

but as chris behind the software its still token free and will be simple to use , but i agree absolute clarity would be nice on whether truecode will be updated or if its only the new tool now as ive held off on the new tool in case released on truecode.

A22
22nd June, 2020, 07:34 PM
I'm taken aback on this, this ford update I would of thought was going to be for truecode, so it's like this, no information for existing users only new tool? So what's the future story for truecode? I would of thought chris would of informed his customers , just my opinion,,,

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

super jumbe
22nd June, 2020, 08:26 PM
Truecode has and will always be the best software in the 21st century, this tool has never let me down in the last 5 years, if you compare with other tools no monthly payments and no tokens.

A22
22nd June, 2020, 08:30 PM
Truecode has and will always be the best software in the 21st century, this tool has never let me down in the last 5 years, if you compare with other tools no monthly payments and no tokens.Agree with you 100%

rapidlocksmiths
22nd June, 2020, 11:07 PM
its no big deal really , truecode modules you own will continue to work as they do now , so you still have all of the excellent token free coverage that your truecode gives you on a daily basis , if new coverage is to be on the new tool and not the old then so be it , whether you buy the new coverage on truecode or on a new named tool its still the same top draw kit you are used to , you will just have it over 2 tools instead of one . everything you buy or own on truecode continues to work just as well as it used to work . the positive for me is chris is developing new coverage again , and that is good news for all of us that like what he produces.

i wish all tools i use gave me the quick payback that truecode has and continues to do so , if a new name and tool is the future then i shall no doubt embrace it

paul_12345
23rd June, 2020, 01:05 AM
its no big deal really , truecode modules you own will continue to work as they do now , so you still have all of the excellent token free coverage that your truecode gives you on a daily basis , if new coverage is to be on the new tool and not the old then so be it , whether you buy the new coverage on truecode or on a new named tool its still the same top draw kit you are used to , you will just have it over 2 tools instead of one . everything you buy or own on truecode continues to work just as well as it used to work . the positive for me is chris is developing new coverage again , and that is good news for all of us that like what he produces.

i wish all tools i use gave me the quick payback that truecode has and continues to do so , if a new name and tool is the future then i shall no doubt embrace it

Your zed bull carried on working after iea changed to a new system... Don't see how this is much different?

rapidlocksmiths
23rd June, 2020, 09:54 AM
my zedbull cost me alot more at the time than truecode did , and it was sold on big promises of free updates for life on every software you own .

true code licences are sold as individual licences , sold working and dont get updated , new coverage has always been a new low cost licence , its sold this way with no false promises , so the way i see it is theres little difference in buying a new coverage licence to buying new coverage on the new system , i was never fed lies with it and false promises , that is a huge difference . i email chris and i get a response and an answer to either answer my enquiry or rectify any issue i have , IEA and their distributor pretty much ignored their zedbull customers for nearly 2 years , chris has never ignored my emails , he explained the situation to me regarding truecode when i asked , so unlike zedbull and iea he didnt ignore my emails for 2 years and that is a huge difference as well.

my never buying another iea product again and my trading with different distributors going forward wasnt based on moving to a new machine , but was due to the manner in which this was done , the fake sales patter regarding updates for life on what you own but most of all the ignoring customers for nearly 2 years and when they finally answer the answer from army was tough shit the chinese copied it so we had no choice .

AD and most others switch machines , or licence set ups , this is nothing new , though none have been as dishonest and showed the level of contempt for their customers that IEA and their distributor did at the time , though AD did sail close to the wind with the smart pro release .

chris at truecode has never ignored my emails , he has answered every question i have asked honestly and explained the situation to me , when all is clear its then more understandable why things have had to change as they have .

yes id rather things had continued with truecode as they were as a great tool and i havnt ruled this out being the case just yet as situations can change, but i understand why this is not possible at the moment . after the treatment i recieved from iea and their distributor i vowed to not buy from them again and i havnt and dont and wont , had they communicated and not just stuck their fingers up and had their been no lies then i would not have reacted this way with them , it was the arrogance and the dishonesty and total contempt they showed that put the nail in the coffin with IEA and their distributor . chris didnt ignore my emails , he didnt sell me a lie and he explained the situation to me fully when i asked as painful as this must have been , so he could do little more than this and didnt need to explain really , and there is the difference , for me anyway.

Jimmy07
23rd June, 2020, 06:02 PM
I thought this was going to go this way after the Fiat tool was released.

It’s actually a good idea if you don’t want Truecode. For example if your doing work for a Ford or Fiat dealership one module does it. If he can crack new focus I’m buying the Ford tool

A22
23rd June, 2020, 06:19 PM
I thought this was going to go this way after the Fiat tool was released.

It’s actually a good idea if you don’t want Truecode. For example if your doing work for a Ford or Fiat dealership one module does it. If he can crack new focus I’m buying the Ford toolI thought their were separate modules ? Ford and fiat halkyard,

Jimmy07
23rd June, 2020, 07:53 PM
They are what I’m saying is if you do work say for Ford dealership then you can buy Ford module cheaper than Truecode and all Ford modules same if you do a lot of Fiat just buy Fiat tool. Think it works out cheaper than Truecode

paul_12345
23rd June, 2020, 07:58 PM
They are what I’m saying is if you do work say for Ford dealership then you can buy Ford module cheaper than Truecode and all Ford modules same if you do a lot of Fiat just buy Fiat tool. Think it works out cheaper than Truecode

But HT3 ford only covers a few ford and should really be a £200 module on truecode.

Jimmy07
23rd June, 2020, 10:32 PM
Oh right so I see I thought it covered a lot more..... my mistake

rapidlocksmiths
23rd June, 2020, 11:41 PM
the new tool currently has the coverage that FTC4 already has on truecode and for some time , but with the addition of ka , transit and transit custom , so you already have most of it on truecode if you have ftc4 , though it does say more coverage will be added to the new tool once available.

the transit and the custom token free will be useful for many if reliant on tokens on ad etc .

if this is the future direction then we have the choice to follow it or not , but i suspect it would pay back on transit alone for many users. but market has more options now with tdb , im608 etc , so i suspect some will cover it elsewhere

Jimmy07
23rd June, 2020, 11:50 PM
Pity it didn’t have more coverage to include new focus etc.

Can see their Fiat tool outselling the Ford as seems better value at the minute ......

Just seems a twist on Truecode but good to see uk developers are still doing something

paul_12345
24th June, 2020, 02:38 AM
Pity it didn’t have more coverage to include new focus etc.

Can see their Fiat tool outselling the Ford as seems better value at the minute ......

Just seems a twist on Truecode but good to see uk developers are still doing something

Fiat can't be doing too good with the likes of ioterminal, truecode, lonsdor and all the rest already covering their range.. notice how they have dropped the price quite a bit already on the fiat.

fred77
24th June, 2020, 07:57 AM
Truecode has and will always be the best software in the 21st century, this tool has never let me down in the last 5 years, if you compare with other tools no monthly payments and no tokens.

Found good but nothing 100%. Had to pick up smartpro etc and landrover kit had no coverage. Just bought im608. Never 1 tool as always gaps or bugs

Be interesting to see new tool. But hope old tool will be supported as believe license runs out every 18 months or so -will check

Fallen
24th June, 2020, 08:26 AM
I have only recently bought my Trucode, im a bit gutted they have now stopped developing for it as I have found it a great bit of gear.
I wonder why they have released multiple cables and not one cable with modules that you add to it?

rapidlocksmiths
24th June, 2020, 08:43 AM
fiat , the horse has bolted , i use abrites which has never let me down on fiat , i have it on truecode too but requires the use of other tools to precode as does the new tool , so with so many stand alone options available for fiat without the use of another tool its been surpassed elsewhere , though saying this ive used it many times on older ducato to read dump by obd and if you have the tools already to precode then its a cheap fiat solution .

i agree the additions if sold on truecode would have been a £200 licence probably , but alot depends on what else they plan to add to it as to its value to current truecode owners , for me its hard i want to support a uk developer and have always supported truecode , but i have the new tools coverage on other units already , but i do like what chris does so will see .

time will tell what happens next

fred77
13th August, 2020, 11:33 PM
World moves quickly yes bolted -
hope Chris will come back and update his tool
- had it's good points price being one for most modules.

Any new tool is a slap in the face
- and frankly not paying for same software again as too many alternatives now.

Heard he had some personal issues which hopefully solved - and wonder now if developing for some big player instead.
website hasn't been updated in years

Meat-Head
14th August, 2020, 02:00 AM
SPAMMING:-

For reference fiat are locking down obd ports, this is for most things, engine airbag etc

fred77
14th August, 2020, 02:39 AM
SPAMMING:-

For reference fiat are locking down obd ports, this is for most things, engine airbag etc

always has been the case -what's new.

you'll have to spend money mate shock horror moth balls wallet no gud now

will u treat me to a round now my friend :)
i hope u live in EU and once this virus is gone u can show me a gud time ;)

Meat-Head
14th August, 2020, 07:49 AM
I hope u live in EU and once this virus is gone u can show me a gud time ;)

OFF TOPIC

Yeah thanks, i live in uk, get map of uk, one finger on London, one on Scotland, between the two

rapidlocksmiths
14th August, 2020, 09:43 AM
World moves quickly yes bolted -
hope Chris will come back and update his tool
- had it's good points price being one for most modules.

Any new tool is a slap in the face
- and frankly not paying for same software again as too many alternatives now.

Heard he had some personal issues which hopefully solved - and wonder now if developing for some big player instead.
website hasn't been updated in years

ooo fred77 trying to get a first date with meaty , good luck .

yes there are personal issues to resolve and of course truecode is in the middle of it , so whether it continues or not on the truecode platform is anyones guess , chris has stated that there is no ongoing issues with activations but you do need to email his chris@keyprogrammers.com email with your codes and he will send activation codes going forward , so nothing has changed for what you own now .

whether the future is expand truecode or release new coverage on the new stand alond tools through halkyard tech or both , no one is sure yet , but either way you will still have access to new chris coverage going forward on at least one platform .

its far from dead even if not developed further , i still use it daily and it still makes me money in its current form , i wish all tools paid back so well, and chris has confirmed no issues with ongoing activations when licence expires .

kleidaras
14th August, 2020, 09:23 PM
Also i replace my hardware cable beacuse my old stop working. Ufter new cable come they activate software again. No problem at all.

Στάλθηκε από το S31 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

A22
14th August, 2020, 09:31 PM
It's all about clarity! Like in fairness chris is sound but where are is customers atm? What it when if at all is going to be upgraded, or is true code finished? I'm sure his customers deserve an answer to this issue,,

PierreTheron
14th August, 2020, 09:59 PM
I believe truecode is not finished m8 .this guy is to clever and he can develope software given time .all it takes is to give him our problems on what is not working and then he will find solution ...
I still use his old software for mG tF to make new remotes and working 100%
everytime
regards for the bad people in life ..

godfathertre
14th August, 2020, 10:22 PM
I just hope there will be a way to licence interface modules in defenatly and not too reactivate every year.

rapidlocksmiths
14th August, 2020, 10:42 PM
It's all about clarity! Like in fairness chris is sound but where are is customers atm? What it when if at all is going to be upgraded, or is true code finished? I'm sure his customers deserve an answer to this issue,,

what clarity is needed ? what you have bought will continue to work as perfectly as it always has , if licence has expired it will be reactivated , all you need do is email the correct email address and its reactivated . sadly some situations mean things are not as easy to clear up , dot the i and cross the T , things need to take a more formal route that takes time , answers cant be given till the legalities are sorted as no one knows how these pan out . such a situation could affect any one of us . you can only offer clarity when clarity exists .

what has been made clear as day , is you continue to own what you have purchased and future activations will be honoured and you wont lose what you have bought . so he has looked after his customers and told them exactly where they are at , what you own still works and will continue to work , you dont get better clarity than that , he could have gone the way of so many before him and said screw you and dumped the tool just like crypto works and IEA with zedbull investors .

as you only bought licences for set coverage that you still own and you still use , nothing has changed , no updates are needed to what you own as it already works flawlessly , so you have and keep what you have paid for , so have lost nothing .

whether truecode expands or whether if wanting chris's software you now need to buy the new low cost stand alone manufacturer tools , whats the difference , you still have what you own and have the option to buy add ons under a different low cost tool , i dont see a downside .
lets face it , the new ford or the new fiat tool release pays for itself in 5 jobs , how many other tools pay for their cost in just 5 jobs ?

truecode may or may not have reached the end of the road , but as a developer of fairly priced reliable solutions chris hasnt even peaked yet .

it cant be any clearer really , you continue to own what you bought and you continue to use what you have bought in the future , what is not clear .

fred77
18th August, 2020, 09:56 PM
I think it has peaked tho - it was/is fantastic kit for that it covered on most modules.

Yes clear for now thanks Chris for keeping it going. Maybe if your reading this you can extend the license on our computers?

That way we won't bother you too much! And you can concentrate on new stuff

(but would like to see Truecode continue as built up huge customer base.) Thanks

Gotta get last word Martin lols :)

rapidlocksmiths
22nd August, 2020, 10:23 AM
I think it has peaked tho - it was/is fantastic kit for that it covered on most modules.

Yes clear for now thanks Chris for keeping it going. Maybe if your reading this you can extend the license on our computers?

That way we won't bother you too much! And you can concentrate on new stuff

(but would like to see Truecode continue as built up huge customer base.) Thanks

Gotta get last word Martin lols :)

LOL , i agree it looks like truecode may have peaked due to the situation , but not chris , im sure he still has some surprises on his new platform.

keyprogramming
5th September, 2020, 09:05 AM
Is Chris still covering support?
I emailed him a couple of days ago with an attached log file of a car I was having problems with, but not heard any back, which is unusual as he was always replied within 24hrs.

super jumbe
5th September, 2020, 09:10 AM
Could be number of issues covi19, holiday season, call him by phone, email him again Chris he is a gentlemen once free he will help 24/7.

rapidlocksmiths
5th September, 2020, 11:12 AM
id resend email , chris is still doing activations and supporting issues on truecode , ive always had a response when i email , but remember he is also developing and trying to fit some life in around emails , we all need to switch off sometimes , i suspect he gets alot of emails , i know he has even had abuse from people online demanding support on the china clone when hes refused.

so resend im sure he will respond

keyprogramming
5th September, 2020, 01:42 PM
id resend email , chris is still doing activations and supporting issues on truecode , ive always had a response when i email , but remember he is also developing and trying to fit some life in around emails , we all need to switch off sometimes , i suspect he gets alot of emails , i know he has even had abuse from people online demanding support on the china clone when hes refused.

so resend im sure he will respond
That's rich, buy a knock-off and still expect the developer to support them.
I'd imagine Chris's Inbox fills up rapidly, so I'll drop him another email.

Meat-Head
5th September, 2020, 02:30 PM

Maybee the subject line as your DK user name and you could try the serial number
of your device.

A22
5th September, 2020, 02:37 PM
Try sarah over on fb she always replies quick enough, chris probably inside an ECU somewhere

rapidlocksmiths
5th September, 2020, 05:30 PM
That's rich, buy a knock-off and still expect the developer to support them.

the chinese cloners didnt even have the good manners or the sense to remove chris's email address and truecode details from the clone , so people see the email and contact them for support , happens more often than you might think and some of them get quite irate and abusive, so many get brave behind a keyboard .

TERMINATOR1000
5th September, 2020, 05:53 PM
... that'is the better , let the email & cell phone on cloned tool , real developer will be most popular than ever !!!!

Meat-Head
5th September, 2020, 08:15 PM
Or just leave a ‘free’ download on his site to brick clones

PierreTheron
2nd July, 2022, 07:27 PM
Ok
chris has blocked my truecode interface a few years back as i did not want to buy the new interface ....
told him he can go and ~~~~ himselve ..
But had his software for pectron remotes installed on my computor . now it also expired because i tried to crack some other software on it .

True it is cheaper to buy a ford licence now for IDS and code keys online than using other software..

So his pectron remote adding software never failed me ..
So hopefully he will sell me a new licence to his rover mg pectron software ..

fred77
2nd July, 2022, 11:47 PM
Ok
chris has blocked my truecode interface a few years back as i did not want to buy the new interface ....
told him he can go and ~~~~ himselve ..
But had his software for pectron remotes installed on my computor . now it also expired because i tried to crack some other software on it .

True it is cheaper to buy a ford licence now for IDS and code keys online than using other software..

So his pectron remote adding software never failed me ..
So hopefully he will sell me a new licence to his rover mg pectron software ..

I too was hard on chris after seeing his website/forum down but he continued to support truecode thankfully.

My guess you told Chris to go F** himself 1st - and then he blocked you email.

Best to just say sorry as we can all be hot-headed

BTW if IDS main-dealer kit was cheaper then we'd all be using that instead

rapidlocksmiths
3rd July, 2022, 09:41 AM
chris wouldnt have blocked your old truecode interface , still plenty using this , if he has blocked you then its more likely down to the go F... yourself comments , after all no one reacts well to verbal abuse , it gets you no where.

personally buying the newer smart interface was a good investment with the later coverage released on it , so made sense.

personally i would contact chris on his new halkyard tech email , make your appologies if necessary , get your pektron licence renewed and get your truecode licence renewed , though if you have tried to crack his software he may refuse this on pektron , but you can only ask , whats the worst that can happen ?

Manta1600
3rd July, 2022, 10:01 AM
chris wouldnt have blocked your old truecode interface , still plenty using this , if he has blocked you then its more likely down to the go F... yourself comments , after all no one reacts well to verbal abuse , it gets you no where.

personally buying the newer smart interface was a good investment with the later coverage released on it , so made sense.

personally i would contact chris on his new halkyard tech email , make your appologies if necessary , get your pektron licence renewed and get your truecode licence renewed , though if you have tried to crack his software he may refuse this on pektron , but you can only ask , whats the worst that can happen ?

Rapid what is this pectron soft? is it part of Truecode or this is separate soft with separate OBD tool cable?

the_big_d
3rd July, 2022, 10:27 AM
chris wouldnt have blocked your old truecode interface , still plenty using this
I bought a used original Truecode a few years ago with 5 modules & he wouldnt activate it for me, just said that it wouldnt work on newer cars & the newer modules. I said i was happy with this as i wanted to try it out before upgrading or buying new modules but he still wouldn't do it & said i needed to buy the newer Truecode smart which i wasnt really happy about.
To be fair to the guy he knew i wasnt happy about this & told me if i upgraded he would let me pick any licence free of charge.
Is there still a truecode forum? I was never able to access it.

mjoesen
3rd July, 2022, 11:27 AM
Activated TrueCode on my new computer 20 december 2021 with no problem, Chris send me a update link next day so he is (or was then) still supporting TrueCode.

The TrueCode forum is down and the website as well, halkyardtech.com does not have a forum as far as I know.

the_big_d
3rd July, 2022, 11:35 AM
Activated TrueCode on my new computer 20 december 2021 with no problem, Chris send me a update link next day so he is (or was then) still supporting TrueCode.
was this an original Truecode or the Truecode smart? I too got a new computer activated in December for the smart but it was the older original one he would not activate?

mjoesen
3rd July, 2022, 02:20 PM
was this an original Truecode or the Truecode smart? I too got a new computer activated in December for the smart but it was the older original one he would not activate?

Ok, then I understand. It was smart I have not used the old one for years so I guess it not work.

rapidlocksmiths
3rd July, 2022, 02:43 PM
manta its software only to work with dump , not sure chris even still advertises or sells it , drop himm an email to find out

godfathertwo
18th July, 2022, 08:15 PM
Has anyone contacted chris on last few days contacted him four days ago at new email to renew still not had any answer .

westwoody
18th July, 2022, 09:33 PM
yes

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

godfathertwo
18th July, 2022, 10:21 PM
I have used the new
Email xxxxxxxxxxx will wait a few more days hopefully will get a response as now 6 days i have sent him a email .

WD40
20th September, 2022, 09:09 PM
I have used the new
Email xxxxxxxxxxx will wait a few more days hopefully will get a response as now 6 days i have sent him a email .

Did you got responce from Chris?.
Used my true code today and got message subscription valid for 60 days if Chris or halkyardtech are not going to renew the subscription, even not bothered to reply we are really been mislead by this company why should we trust them now?. I want to buy halkyardtech HT3 ford and HT2 Fiat, I would instead buy Smart Pro for 4 grand and at list I will have guarantee I will not loss out for years to come.

godfathertwo
21st September, 2022, 06:33 PM
Yes just email
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
And you will get a answer .

fred77
21st September, 2022, 07:06 PM
Chris must have holidays

Give the guy a week at least as we all need breaks just like us

super jumbe
22nd September, 2022, 09:43 AM
I just don’t believe what I am reading look Chris is not working on his own any more in Chorley, he has partners the halkyard company and they are even better than before, I never had any issue since I first bought truecode over 8 years ago, few days back my laptop fell down and completely Brocken, I email halkyard next day they send me new software and up and running the same day, those who make complain there has to be other issues like any other company if your details or other issues not matched they are not going to help simple, I would give halkyard 10 stars and have always recommended to others, and all software simple to use.

Manta1600
27th November, 2022, 09:54 PM
I just don’t believe what I am reading look Chris is not working on his own any more in Chorley, he has partners the halkyard company and they are even better than before, I never had any issue since I first bought truecode over 8 years ago, few days back my laptop fell down and completely Brocken, I email halkyard next day they send me new software and up and running the same day, those who make complain there has to be other issues like any other company if your details or other issues not matched they are not going to help simple, I would give halkyard 10 stars and have always recommended to others, and all software simple to use.

For last 10 days I sent two mails on activate@halkyardtech.com and still no answer

the_big_d
27th November, 2022, 10:25 PM
I last had contact on the 17th of this month when i had to install on a new laptop.

Manta1600
28th November, 2022, 12:36 AM
I last had contact on the 17th of this month when i had to install on a new laptop.

Strange my first mail also was on 17th but no answer

Today I also sent message over halkyard contact form

godfathertwo
28th November, 2022, 01:05 AM
Got mine renewed no problem last week replied the same day and all done .

newone
28th November, 2022, 09:12 AM
Strange my first mail also was on 17th but no answer

Today I also sent message over halkyard contact form
on Saturday i send mail and today they send activation code

godfathertwo
28th November, 2022, 11:30 AM
This is the only problem with this tool the reactivation every year although to protect tool
Is very annoying at least is free and chris fixes things unlike other in this business
Very few guys like chris .

Manta1600
28th November, 2022, 11:40 AM
This is the only problem with this tool the reactivation every year although to protect tool
Is very annoying at least is free and chris fixes things unlike other in this business

Still no answer

Just saw that he again changed the email

rapidlocksmiths
28th November, 2022, 11:44 AM
try emailing again mate

newone
28th November, 2022, 12:01 PM
never had any problem with Chris nor with activation,this time activation was for 6 months,not year

Manta1600
30th November, 2022, 11:08 AM
Its was my fault I found his mails. I don't expected to receive answer on separate mail as usually he answer on the same mail