PDA

View Full Version : lost channels, no or bad signal

.: JaCkPoT :.
23rd September, 2008, 10:59 PM
For some reason i have lost the signals for some channels since yesterday. Channels like setanta1 now display a message saying no or bad signal. Noone has touched the receiver as i control them. Any ideas? Will a signal booster help? Anything else which would help wil be appreciated.

kal
23rd September, 2008, 11:03 PM
I have had this problem on my Starview box, but i simply delete the channel and do a rescan and it comes back. Have you tried this mate?

plasterer
23rd September, 2008, 11:08 PM
Wot box is it you got mate .....Paul

23rd September, 2008, 11:09 PM
Will do. Thanks for the idea but then i will have to make a new channel list. My current channel list is very well sorted. Will i be able to keep it? Thanks for the fast response

kal
23rd September, 2008, 11:14 PM
Cant you only delete the 2 channels on that Eurovox you are using? Once deleted do a scan, and i'm sure everything else will stay in place and then just shift the 2 new found channels along to where you want them. I've not used a Eurovox so not too sure how it works. I'm going off my Starview experience mate.

23rd September, 2008, 11:16 PM
Wot box is it you got mate .....Paul

The pvr one

chuckles53
23rd September, 2008, 11:24 PM
which eurovox is it,maxv etc

theoneis
23rd September, 2008, 11:25 PM
For some reason i have lost the signals for some channels since yesterday. Channels like setanta1 now display a message saying no or bad signal. Noone has touched the receiver as i control them. Any ideas? Will a signal booster help? Anything else which would help wil be appreciated.

yea I do the same thing delete the channel then rescan all channels make sure to delete the channel first otherwise you get stuck with loads of the same channels which you have to go through to find the one that works,good luck its easy

23rd September, 2008, 11:29 PM
Is this a software bug?

chuckles53
23rd September, 2008, 11:30 PM
Does the box not put them in catorgeries any way like kids sport movies etc

23rd September, 2008, 11:40 PM
Yep.
So shall i delete all the channels which dont work and rescan them and is that everything sorted?

satsmo
24th September, 2008, 12:04 AM
A TP has changed in some areas. What is your general location? Press info button twice on any missing channel and post the frequency please.

24th September, 2008, 04:33 AM
Will do that tomorrow. My locale is blackpool in lancashire in north west of england.

jimro
24th September, 2008, 09:15 AM
check your frequencies.i have listed the ones that i have had to alter in the last few days. check out jimro further down on these threads.
jimro

thered
26th September, 2008, 10:01 PM
can you not just delete the ones that are gone and instead of power scanning just go to update the channels instead