PDA

View Full Version : Passat B6 lost key

Mariyan123
28th January, 2020, 11:28 PM
HI all
I am wondering if you can help me. I have just have a VW Passat B6 2007. Unfortunately the previous owner lost all key.
I needed to order a replacement ECu kit from ebay. I just want to check with you guys what need to me change in order to make it start again. Do I need to replace the steering column as well ? Can you please share in simple word what is need it .

Thnak you

Weasel3
29th January, 2020, 01:13 AM
You can take it to the dealer.

Or call a Locksmith. Its faster than waiting for parts from Ebay. And also the dealer.
And cheaper that any other options, of the rest of the comments.
Which will come here from Vice guys with good advices very soon. :)

Mariyan123
29th January, 2020, 03:44 PM
Hi Weasel3 (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/377964-Weasel3)

Thanks for your advice . I call to few of the local Locksmith and they don't want to deal with it or want me to pay a lot. I have not check with the dealer yet.
To be honest I have a great respect for the guys in this forum and in other hand I want to fixed by my self :) . I have some experience with Jaguar and Ford, but I'm a bit lost with VW .

Here is what I done till now:
I have order a "set" of used ECU Kit . ( CCM , BCM ,Key slot reader +key and Speedo)
After swapping the bits I discover that I'm able to unlock the car with the fob but not able to turn the ignition on.
no lights on dash. after some online search I found causes.....it is the steering colum control unit. Because it
is part of the security system and the colum control unit and the comfort are matched they need to be replaced together ( great I now know that ) .

What are my option at this point as tool I have
VCDS ( not a clone )
I have order FVDI 2020 ( a good clone ) need to be with me in a few days.
Vag tacho ver 5.0 and Vag commander ver1.5.
Order a eeprom reader ( some cheap chines brand ) and new VW blank key.

My next steps:

1.To use the original CCM and read the eeprom from where I can extract a dump file.
2.extract the PIN and the SC number from the dump ( with a bit of help )
3. Use the VAG tacho ( never done it before ) or the FVDI to precode the new key ( from what I reed i need to make it TP23 first and then precode with CS to key )
4.Add the new key by using VCDS ( adaptation to the immo and changing the value of keys )

If I'm missing something please share your opinion or if you think there is a better way of doing it. From that I understand there is a way to make the stering colum "virgin " by writing a clean dump file with SoIC8 clip.

Thnak you All