PDA

View Full Version : Honda civic after flat battery problem

nazz2
29th January, 2020, 02:46 PM
Hi
I have this Honda civic 2008, lost key with the push start, the main battery was flat so the guy was jumping the car from his van(i told him that that's not the correct way of doing it) tried programming the key the tester said key programmed but the car doesn't start, and the key light flashes, also tried to do IMEOS , alignment, but it says i need to register key, which i cant,what goes corrupted on these? ecu or IMEOS(THE FUSE BOX), any pointers is greatly appreciated.

Tools used Autel maxysys 908 elite, x300, and x100.

szengen
29th January, 2020, 03:14 PM
try to sync, "launch" tester,I succeeded

nazz2
29th January, 2020, 05:20 PM
Thanks pal, i don't have any launch, had to borrow the Autel. i have done 3 before with x100, but with this one no go, can IMEOS be virginised, or second hand one put in, change Vin and program? or what else is the problem, and it was no fault codes.

Jimmy07
29th January, 2020, 05:57 PM
Obdstar supposed to reset these I’ve never tried personally but supposed to reset them

nazz2
29th January, 2020, 06:49 PM
I tried to rest with x100 and 300 but failed even with Autel failed.i have seen a whole kit fusebox+immo+ign.kit for £100 might have to tell the owner to buy the whole set.i have set them before with x100 and it was fine.

godfathertre
29th January, 2020, 07:13 PM
Check all fuses you might
Have a blown a fuse
Before doing anything else.

nazz2
29th January, 2020, 07:20 PM
The fuses checked by the garage,thanks all.

Meat-Head
29th January, 2020, 07:32 PM
Something about the inside fusebox, is part of immboliser
when battery low, the silicon chip inside its head switches to overload

nazz2
30th January, 2020, 02:15 PM
Thanks meaty, that's the one i was looking for, any idea what component it is or if it can be checked /repaired or blown up,

Meat-Head
30th January, 2020, 02:30 PM
I would guess its corrupt memory

1) download off ebay scrafical one
2) ring dealer, ask dump “garage said just needs key relearing” see what said

szengen
30th January, 2020, 02:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVwkVLX_8D8, for scientific purposes only

jodge
30th January, 2020, 07:26 PM
Hi
I have this Honda civic 2008, lost key with the push start, the main battery was flat so the guy was jumping the car from his van(i told him that that's not the correct way of doing it) tried programming the key the tester said key programmed but the car doesn't start, and the key light flashes, also tried to do IMEOS , alignment, but it says i need to register key, which i cant,what goes corrupted on these? ecu or IMEOS(THE FUSE BOX), any pointers is greatly appreciated.

Tools used Autel maxysys 908 elite, x300, and x100.

i had the similar problems, we tried everything Almost taking apart the car. And finally the emergency swith flipped..tadam the car is starting. Behind the glovebox

Jobeso66
30th March, 2020, 05:15 AM
i had the similar problems, we tried everything Almost taking apart the car. And finally the emergency swith flipped..tadam the car is starting. Behind the glovebox

So how you solved it ? Will you share ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meat-Head
30th March, 2020, 10:24 AM
The emergency fuel cut off on right hand drive open drivers door very end of dashboard
pop off with trim tool or mr spoon toothbrush etc look for something slightly bugger than pp3
with rubber cap press rubber click, carefully refit panel after check started