PDA

View Full Version : Good tuners i need your advice please...With two maps (TURBO BLOWN)

accodinguk
30th January, 2020, 11:45 PM
Hi all,

Long time since i have posted. I had two maps made from someone on here that claimed they are professionals!

1. Was my Audi A3 2.0 TFSI BWA 2006 PETROL MANUAL
This map is meant to be a stage 2 with pops and bangs. However, a few months later turbo has failed from bearing maybe not caused by map. But during logs its requesting 2.5 bar on a stock K03! It feels sluggish and also shaked on 2.5rpm due to pops and bangs.
Mods:
- Decat with boxes removed 3inch cat back, Oversized ram air filter.

Youtube logs for Audi A3 TFSI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmXsnx18S7w&feature=youtu.be
Also a chart on downloads.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Is my girlfriends Audi S3 2.0TFSI CDL 2011 DSG STONIC
This map seems fine and power seems good but ever since its on the Brand new gearbox with only 30k miles on it has failed. I dont no if this is due to the map the dsg doesnt change right and comes out of gear when stopping and now slips. Again this may have not been caused by the remap.
Mods: Ram air filter, 3inch turbo back exhuast.

Could anyone experianced tell me if these 2 maps are ok please
Thnaks

chrisimerk
31st January, 2020, 12:31 AM
i can give you some incite on the BWA tune for starters as you said its requesting way more boost then the standard k03 can blow but the main reason i would say why your turbo bearing has failed is down to the pops and bangs as the ignition timing has been retarded way too much i would say with my experience the main culprit is the pops and bangs thats doing your turbo in as well as boost request its a joint effort

As for the s3 everything seems to be in order for a stage 1 tune have you had the gearbox serviced as the DQ380 gearbox needs the oil and filter changing regularly also how does your girlfriend drive it lol

so yeah thats my analysis

accodinguk
31st January, 2020, 12:38 AM
i can give you some incite on the BWA tune for starters as you said its requesting way more boost then the standard k03 can blow but the main reason i would say why your turbo bearing has failed is down to the pops and bangs as the ignition timing has been retarded way too much i would say with my experience the main culprit is the pops and bangs thats doing your turbo in as well as boost request its a joint effort

As for the s3 everything seems to be in order for a stage 1 tune have you had the gearbox serviced as the DQ380 gearbox needs the oil and filter changing regularly also how does your girlfriend drive it lol

so yeah thats my analysis

Thanks for the info,

I will remove the map on the A3 asap and put the Rtech stage 1 back on 265. Thanks for taking the time and viewing. I replaced the turbo last night the old turbo looked fine however the in and out shaft play was crazy so bearing failed.

As for s3 gearbox only did 30k and now slips jerks and bangs lol. Clutch and flywheel time. She boosted it a few times and did a couple launches thats about it. However the previous owner must of ripped it hard

chrisimerk
31st January, 2020, 12:42 AM
it will be the harsh pops and bangs doing your turbo bearing in mate and
yeah i reckon the previous owner must have been ripping it all day long as the tune thats on looks pretty safe

accodinguk
31st January, 2020, 02:10 AM
it will be the harsh pops and bangs doing your turbo bearing in mate and
yeah i reckon the previous owner must have been ripping it all day long as the tune thats on looks pretty safe

The bang it does when you rev to 7k and let it drop is sounds like a bomb whole area ducks and poeple can hear me 4 miles away. Thats the bang that killed turbo. As for boost way too much k03 is max 1.5 not 2.5 loool