PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Keys and Locks

camelgd
1st February, 2020, 01:15 AM
I ran into a major headache this morning, it was a Toyota with the emergency lock directly BEHIND the handle. The lock is not visible at all until you pull the handle out. The problem is that there was just barely enough room for an emergency key. My problem was that keys misplaced after locking car, and needed to open car. I took the swing out lever off of a TOY2 Lishi, and by propping the handle out all the way, I was able to slide the tool into the emergency lock. By twisting the main body of the tool instead of having a lever arm, I managed to pick lock and just BARELY was able to turn enough to activate lock. Then I pulled the tool, let the handle down, and then lifted back up to open door.
1. Has anyone else run into this type of emergency lock, and what did you do?
2. Was this done deliberately by Toyota to neutralize Lishi tools, and have other car companies done anything like this yet?
3. Do you have any problems on emergency keys and locks that need to be addressed?

The floor is open.....

Fallen
1st February, 2020, 03:15 AM
I've seen this on new Range Rovers with the flush door locks, also new Jaguar has the same thing.
Never had to open one yet.

Hugh91
1st February, 2020, 04:29 AM
Had one on locked 2019 Porsche Cayenne. It used the 10 cut HU162 tool.

I had to use a dremel to cut the lishi down to create enough clearance for the tool to turn in the lock enough to push it to unlock.

rapidlocksmiths
1st February, 2020, 04:14 PM
you will also see this on new mazda vehicles .

removing the tensioner on the tool will help get alot , but some you must reduce the grid size of the tool , theres room to do this with the tools just takes some time and patience to get it right but it is easily sorted for most.

you cant blame manufacturers for finding solutions to lishi tools , maybe if locksmiths didnt flood you tube , facebook and the like with videos on how easy it is then they wouldnt need to , i understand alot of thefts are being blamed on the facebook groups where info is given away to anyone that asks with no vetting , thus they are looking at beefing security up again , so be ready for new costs in diag and tools in years to come

sleepyrz
1st February, 2020, 04:51 PM
I ran into a major headache this morning, it was a Toyota with the emergency lock directly BEHIND the handle. The lock is not visible at all until you pull the handle out. The problem is that there was just barely enough room for an emergency key. My problem was that keys misplaced after locking car, and needed to open car. I took the swing out lever off of a TOY2 Lishi, and by propping the handle out all the way, I was able to slide the tool into the emergency lock. By twisting the main body of the tool instead of having a lever arm, I managed to pick lock and just BARELY was able to turn enough to activate lock. Then I pulled the tool, let the handle down, and then lifted back up to open door.
1. Has anyone else run into this type of emergency lock, and what did you do?
2. Was this done deliberately by Toyota to neutralize Lishi tools, and have other car companies done anything like this yet?
3. Do you have any problems on emergency keys and locks that need to be addressed?

The floor is open.....

You talking about this one?

Why dont you just use a stick and an airbag???!!!!?!!!??

Stop making your life hard unnecessarily.................

Your using an atomic clocks synced with satellites to read time but just needed a sundial..........

I dont understand who you are trying to impress with this one.........

sleepyrz
1st February, 2020, 04:57 PM
Not trying to be an ass here

was it like a chick you were trying to impress or something and you wanted to look extra technical or something cuz you just needed a stick and a bag

Or is there something new about this car that i havnt seen?????

Just trying to figure this out

rapidlocksmiths
1st February, 2020, 05:16 PM
not going to get very far with a stick and an airbag on new european jag , mazda and range rover , and no hes not talking about that handle and lock , the keyway sits behind the handle , you cannot see it until the handle is pulled out

sleepyrz
1st February, 2020, 05:40 PM
Any pics?

Model?

sleepyrz
1st February, 2020, 05:40 PM
Regardless of how it sits behind the handle tho

He just needed to open the door

Stick + airbag= open

Keycode?

T30 torx unscrew. Read code on lock............

ray-ray
1st February, 2020, 09:46 PM
My turn, Camry with handle in front of the lock will come out.. the tail piece will move and it comes out the bottom right corn of the handle. RAV4 with same handle and lock will not come out, you must remove the panel to take out the handle.

nazz2
2nd February, 2020, 01:49 PM
Last year I simply had no choice to walk away from A mazda 3 2019, with the lock hidden behind the door handle, surprisingly maz24 R profile, the lishi tool too long to go into the lock,(the lock sort of in an downward angle) when door handle was lifted,.. I could also see the keys on the driver seat, 1 or 2 button on the side of the remote card(sorry cant remember),they even got me the key number, but it wasn't even in futura,or 2019 Ic,no airbag allowed, the buyer was coming to pick his car up, salesman panicking,had to laugh. whilst i was walking away, i was wondering not so smart after all, if you can lock the key in a not so smart ,smart car!

rapidlocksmiths
2nd February, 2020, 02:54 PM
with the new mazda key you can get tool fully in if you wedge the handle open , but you cant get tension on the lock or turn tool at all , so taking a fair bit of metal off of the sides of the grid area is needed to get the ability to tension the lock and turn it , have to earn your corn on these . i have sent details and needed revisions to tool to get around this to them

whiskeyman
2nd February, 2020, 04:37 PM
with the new mazda key you can get tool fully in if you wedge the handle open , but you cant get tension on the lock or turn tool at all , so taking a fair bit of metal off of the sides of the grid area is needed to get the ability to tension the lock and turn it , have to earn your corn on these . i have sent details and needed revisions to tool to get around this to them

yes it one we discussed martin
needs a lot taken off and extended
8 cuts in the door lock

sleepyrz
2nd February, 2020, 06:04 PM
So im still wanting to know what model it was guys for the original car here............

And why would a stick and a bag not work in that particular case??
Just trying to make sure we are all as up to date as possible here
Thanks

rapidlocksmiths
3rd February, 2020, 12:12 AM
yes after yours , next day another locksmith we know had same , he passed alot of photos and succeeded in opening his , hateful job .

sleepy RZ , on this mazda as with most euro models , the vehicle is deadlocked and an airbag and rod is of little use due to deadlocks , i believe whiskeyman has some photos of the new mazda lock insitu , though not sure he would post them on an open forum or not. all the phots ive been sent on this lock have come from others so not my photos to post .

whiskeyman
3rd February, 2020, 11:48 AM
Hi rapid i would rather not for minute but if anyone who wants to see can pm me
as this will make us some money where the normal garages fail for the moment till everything catches up

rapidlocksmiths
3rd February, 2020, 12:10 PM
like you mate , im much same these days . i remember when i was one of the only ones locally that could do all keys lost on 1234Q5678H series same day without codes , rates were good then , i then helped develop the lishi for it and the decode for keyline machines and did some guides for it then everyone could do it and rates now rock bottom, certainly pays to limit what is shared sometimes especially in open enviroments .

this is still an opening that pays well as so few can think at the car and work out what to do .

camelgd
6th February, 2020, 05:47 PM
Let's talk about the keys end of it then. I try to stock the most popular emergency keys, since the suppliers and dealers don't seem to put them with the proxy I guess to sell more and make more money. Also, the aftermarket is rather slow in coming out with replacements for the emergency keys, and suppliers and dealers, especially Toyota are selling OEM for monsterous prices and then charge a separate charge for cutting. The only good thing for me is that I cut the laser duplicates for a couple of the local dealers.But the rest order from regional distributor. Just another example of inventory that we didn't have 20 years ago, with some of these keys available only in original at 25 to 30 dollars.

szengen
6th February, 2020, 09:35 PM
there will be no end, the service will always be there, but you have to be careful with investing in equipment, because the market situation is dynamic, you will pay for the original equipment, in a year someone will jump out of the "vorinal" for 1/5 of the price,
sometimes I have depression, I could become a dentist, stable work, and that's how it is 15 years, and it's hard to buy a yacht for this work, I do it because I like it, varied interesting work,for the first set of lockpicks, "little joe" slides, 20 years ago I paid 1000 euros, 4000 PLN, time changes everything

Fallen
8th February, 2020, 11:49 AM
So im still wanting to know what model it was guys for the original car here............

And why would a stick and a bag not work in that particular case??
Just trying to make sure we are all as up to date as possible here
Thanks

Stick and bag will not work on many cars outside the USA.
Same as Toyota H key reset that every locksmith in the USA constantly tells everybody else they can reset easily.

The cars look the same but are very different when it comes to security.
This has to do with the consumer protection laws the states have.

sleepyrz
9th February, 2020, 10:03 AM
ok and???

hes in the usa........

last i checked illinois was in the us

camelgd
9th February, 2020, 12:30 PM
A lot of my customers are people who have seen what damage can be done with the air bag and stick. They call me specifically for opening the car without using the jaws of life airbag or the plastic crow bar. Don't get me wrong, I have the best quality stick and tools for creating the necessary gap, and I know how to use them, but I use them as little as absolutely possible, to avoid problems of possible damage or to be blamed for someone else's damage on down the line. I'm sure that I'm not as fast as Rapid on the Lishi, but 95% of the openings with them are under 3 minutes or so. And for your final satisfaction, it was a 2019 Lexus crossover type, I didn't get the exact designation down on paper, you'll just have to live without knowing. Yes, it could have been opened with a stick. But I would never had known if it could have been done with Lishi unless I tried.

szengen
9th February, 2020, 09:23 PM
the usa only has hammers, you open with a feeler gauge, and you drive like old 266, Paris-Dakar

camelgd
9th February, 2020, 09:35 PM
I get the hammers, and the feeler gauge, but you are going to have to explain the old 266. I just don't know what that is in reference to.

camelgd
10th February, 2020, 01:27 AM
Aha! I understand now.

sleepyrz
10th February, 2020, 08:19 PM
A lot of my customers are people who have seen what damage can be done with the air bag and stick. They call me specifically for opening the car without using the jaws of life airbag or the plastic crow bar. Don't get me wrong, I have the best quality stick and tools for creating the necessary gap, and I know how to use them, but I use them as little as absolutely possible, to avoid problems of possible damage or to be blamed for someone else's damage on down the line. I'm sure that I'm not as fast as Rapid on the Lishi, but 95% of the openings with them are under 3 minutes or so. And for your final satisfaction, it was a 2019 Lexus crossover type, I didn't get the exact designation down on paper, you'll just have to live without knowing. Yes, it could have been opened with a stick. But I would never had known if it could have been done with Lishi unless I tried.

Thank you
I have one of the largest lexus dealerships in usa down the street
Will stop by and see this

You seemed hesitant to supply this information bro?

Whats with that?

It was just a question.

We are all just trying to learn and help each other

You need help or answers?

You know i would be on here typing it out to help you if i had it

Why i had to ask 15 times for a simple answer

I dont understand

I thought the floor was open?

Just not open to me?

Meat-Head
27th March, 2020, 08:36 PM
More likely