PDA

View Full Version : Audi A8 4E MMI dead!!!

ngv1515
6th January, 2010, 07:40 PM
im working on a 2004 Audi A8 and the display is stuck open and it stays there. radio dead, nav dead, ect. when i press and hold the ON knob display shows the initial screen that says Audi but then it just goes black again. i scanned the car with VCDS and full scan shows me that there is NO comunication with:

07 Control Head
0E Media Player 1
37 Navigation
47 Sound System
56 Radio

now i also have the code:

19 CAN Gateway 00384 optical databus open circuit

possibly module Interface -J533- went bad but i can not continue with diagnostic because my only source is Alldatapro.com and it wont tell me anything more than what i already know i cant even find the code 00384.

i really need some help here. PLEASE if anyone knows at least where exactly -J533- is alldata says its under glove box other forums say its the cluster

andydz106
7th January, 2010, 02:29 AM
Did you check if your car has a fiber optic lines? I think maybe fiber optic line check at each module if you get the signal

ngv1515
7th January, 2010, 04:19 AM
yes it has optical but im not sure how to test it. i have an idea of how but i never did before.

i know that light has to go in and same light has to go out but how to do it.... i found the location of the module -J533- behind the glove box. it has 2 plugs #1 plug is the optical (MOST-Bus in and out) #2 is Black 26-pin multi-pin harness connector. when i test the #1 do i leave the #2 pluged with the ignition ON to test #1?

ngv1515
14th January, 2010, 04:16 PM
I JUST GOT THE NEW J533 MODULE IN THE CAR BUT IT WANTS TO BE CODED BUT I CAN NOT FIND ANY INFO ON HOW. EVEN ElsaWin TELLS ME TO USE VAS-5051 WHICH I DONT HAVE ANY IDEAS?

aurel1
14th January, 2010, 09:31 PM
check fuses in the trunk right
cancels one unit at a time of fiber optic network
Remove the plug and put fiber input to output at a time and see what damage
feet in front of the driver, the carpet is phone, not check the water shut
I personally met the A8 defects: Control Head, navigation, and fuses burned
Think that all units are one ring
enter J533, encoding (07) and check all the units you have installed
good luck

EROS0673
14th January, 2010, 09:44 PM
Bonjour, je peux secouriste t, je vous conseille la technique chez Audi. Devez Faire une boucle Vous VCD coupure de l'optique de diagnostic. en suite tu voi Ce qui est L'ordinateur Qui N'EST PAS comuniqu?, debracher Devez vous suivre connecteur de l'ordinateur et que vous le d?branchez de fibres e plug optque vous avez produit le 2 c?bles de fibres et de vous Mettre face ? face retablire pour la continuit? optique, LORSQUE votre ?cran se remet ? mmi atouv? vous, que c'est l'ordinateur qui n? TRANSMET Pas le signal. Osseuse et Chane Pardo pour anglais lun.

http://www.google.fr/images/cleardot.gifPropos?e traduction Meilleure Une
Merci de votre contribution ? Google Traduction.
Bonjour, je peux t aider, je vous conseille technique chez Audi. Vous devez faire une boucle VCD coupure de diagnostic optique. en suite tu voi ce qui est l'ordinateur qui n'est pas comuniqu?, vous devez suivre debracher connecteur de l'ordinateur et que vous d?branchez le e fibre plug optque vous avez produit le 2 c?bles de fibres et de vous mettre face ? face pour la continuit? optique retablire, lorsque votre l'?cran se remet ? mmi atouv? vous, c'est que l'ordinateur qui ne transmet pas le signal. Osseuse et Chane Pardo pour mon anglais

ngv1515
17th January, 2010, 12:57 AM
Bonjour, je peux secouriste t, je vous conseille la technique chez Audi. Devez Faire une boucle Vous VCD coupure de l'optique de diagnostic. en suite tu voi Ce qui est L'ordinateur Qui N'EST PAS comuniqu?, debracher Devez vous suivre connecteur de l'ordinateur et que vous le d?branchez de fibres e plug optque vous avez produit le 2 c?bles de fibres et de vous Mettre face ? face retablire pour la continuit? optique, LORSQUE votre ?cran se remet ? mmi atouv? vous, que c'est l'ordinateur qui n? TRANSMET Pas le signal. Osseuse et Chane Pardo pour anglais lun.

http://www.google.fr/images/cleardot.gifPropos?e traduction Meilleure Une
Merci de votre contribution ? Google Traduction.
Bonjour, je peux t aider, je vous conseille technique chez Audi. Vous devez faire une boucle VCD coupure de diagnostic optique. en suite tu voi ce qui est l'ordinateur qui n'est pas comuniqu?, vous devez suivre debracher connecteur de l'ordinateur et que vous d?branchez le e fibre plug optque vous avez produit le 2 c?bles de fibres et de vous mettre face ? face pour la continuit? optique retablire, lorsque votre l'?cran se remet ? mmi atouv? vous, c'est que l'ordinateur qui ne transmet pas le signal. Osseuse et Chane Pardo pour mon anglais
HEY EROS0673 i do not understand what you said. I only speak English and Spanish.

camieltje
17th January, 2010, 02:54 PM
@ngv1515

there is also a adapter to bridge the fiber optic cable without dismanteling the plug.
here is the order number for it: 4E0 973 802

camieltje
17th January, 2010, 02:58 PM
there is also a test you can do with the VCDS of the fiber optic system.
at the home screen you use the button APPLICATIONS and than you use the button OPTICAL BUS DIAGNOSE .

ngv1515
20th January, 2010, 05:50 PM
ok i installed the J533 and i was able to code it with ross-tech. first i did a Full diag scan and that way i got the list of modules then i went to 19 CAN Gateway (J533) and went into coding. there is a little option for getting the coding which i fallowed. then it took the coding. everything working but i got the code:

1 Fault Found:
02084 - Component Protection
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100101
Fault Priority: 1
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 0

then it next day car came back because MMI will not work again then i got same code but this time ti will communicate with J533 before it was dead

ngv1515
26th January, 2010, 04:38 AM
so i got on my hand a VAS 5052 with the latest update was done NOV 2009. i could not use guided fault finding because its a independent shop and they dont have a log in and password. every time it will ask me to log in to the web. so i gave up and again send it to the dealer something that i hate to do:banghead: but the wired thing about it was that the old part started with 4L0 but the dealer said it suppost to get the 4D0 so probaly thats the initial problem.

foxtec800
26th January, 2010, 08:09 AM
As far as i know component protection can only be removed by the dealer with Gekko, so chances are you`ve fixed the fault and component protection just needs to be cleared by Audi

ngv1515
1st February, 2010, 05:16 AM
As far as i know component protection can only be removed by the dealer with Gekko, so chances are you`ve fixed the fault and component protection just needs to be cleared by Audi

yes thank you, you are right. custumer came back last week and he said that he wanted me to talk to the dealer tech. i said ok so they called me :call2: i explained what i did. audi said that yes they removed the component protection audi also said that it was coded correctly but we have another issue there is a open circuit in the system so custumer will be back for that later. i never did a open circuit diagnostic before. "Camieltje" told me about a bypass tool that i will need to get i wonder how much it is? i will need some help

camieltje
1st February, 2010, 08:49 PM
yes thank you, you are right. custumer came back last week and he said that he wanted me to talk to the dealer tech. i said ok so they called me :call2: i explained what i did. audi said that yes they removed the component protection audi also said that it was coded correctly but we have another issue there is a open circuit in the system so custumer will be back for that later. i never did a open circuit diagnostic before. "Camieltje" told me about a bypass tool that i will need to get i wonder how much it is? i will need some help

what do they mean by the "OPEN CIRCUIT" is it OPTICAL or ELECTRICAL.
i suggest to do the MOST-Bus test with VCDS en the programm will tell you if it is electrical or optical that couses the trouble and witch part is cousing it.
Regards

ngv1515
2nd February, 2010, 09:40 AM
optical is the one

ngv1515
2nd February, 2010, 09:56 AM
what do they mean by the "OPEN CIRCUIT" is it OPTICAL or ELECTRICAL.
i suggest to do the MOST-Bus test with VCDS en the programm will tell you if it is electrical or optical that couses the trouble and witch part is cousing it.
Regards

idid it already and this is what i got:

Friday,15,January,2010,08:53:08:44886
VCDS Version: Release 908.1
Data version: 20091018
GERMAN AUTO GROUP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Control Module Part Number:
Component and/or Version:
Optical Bus Diagnostic : 3dB Attenuation
Controller Electrical Optical
19-CAN Gateway OK ERROR
07-Control Head(High/D3) OK ERROR
0E-Media Player 1 OK ERROR
47-Sound System ERROR ERROR
56-Radio OK ERROR
37-Navigation OK ERROR

Control Module Part Number: 4L0 910 468 A
Component and/or Version: J533__Gateway H06 0071
Optical Bus Diagnostic : Standard
19-CAN Gateway OK OK
07-Control Head(High/D3) OK OK
0E-Media Player 1 OK OK
56-Radio OK OK
37-Navigation OK ERROR

Control Module Part Number: 4L0 910 468 A
Component and/or Version: J533__Gateway H06 0071
Optical Bus Diagnostic : Standard
19-CAN Gateway OK OK
07-Control Head(High/D3) OK OK
0E-Media Player 1 OK OK
56-Radio OK OK
37-Navigation OK ERROR

:questionmark: :banghead: :hmmmm2:

cristi_onofrei
18th April, 2010, 10:11 AM
check fuse for sound system on rear right of car
this unit is defective or don't have power.
Sound system can be get out and put 4E0 973 802 for test
check fuse behind media player 1 . this unit can't be get out because is "master" and image for control head is create by MM
fiber can be easy checked. you must see red light blinking on every "IN" from unit behind at start (ignition key out and put again in)
max 60 min to identify what is wrong

Matas
8th June, 2010, 02:01 PM
Hello, had same problem with dead MMI on 2004 audi a8.
diagnostics showed o electrical connection with control head, and no optical connection with all other blocks. Changed the control head and everything works again :proud: