PDA

View Full Version : DW800 NOT WORKING JUST BROUGHT END OF DECEMBER 2009

parbat
6th January, 2010, 08:44 PM
Please can ANYONE SAVE MY 180.00 I PAID FOR MY DW800. On set up. I press option for English, then my provider, then Search Mode i set as auto. Start Scan and i get onto BBC 1 it works, but when going onto another it comes up with Scramble channel.>> Please can ANYONE who knows what they are doing tell me do I need to put a USB MEMORY STICK or does it need a UPDATE. I contacted the supplier and they said the FIRMWARE IS PRE-INSTALLED. WHAT DO I DO ? IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP OR GIVE ME A GUIDE AS TO HOW IT WILL WORK PLEASE, I HAVE READ MANY THREADS BUT NON OF THEM INDICATE WHAT TO DO FROM NEW? IS THERE A NEW FIRMWARE? DO I NEED TO CONECT IT TO CUMPUTER? HOW DO HD CHANNELS WORK? IS THE DW800 A CON. I BROUGHT IT FROM SAT-SHOP.CO.UK BUT THEY CANNOT HELP BUT THEY SAY ITS ONLY UNDER WARRANTY IF FAULTY BUT CAN NOT HELP REGARDS TO HOW TO SCAN AND CHANNELS COMING SCRAMMBLED. HELP HELP HELP I WAITED SO SO LONG AND NOW CAN NOT GET IT WORKING

Bulld0g
6th January, 2010, 08:51 PM
Well step back take a breath and start again. Look here for a start
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-firmware-loading-guide-tutorial-42524/

Sat-Shop
6th January, 2010, 09:25 PM
We actually advised you that we we only supply the Kryptview DW800 with the factory default firmware which works as FTA only. This was the case when you placed the order, was the case when you received the item and is still the case now... We did however give you full writen instructions on how a firmware is updated (which is in the instruction book in any case), and even gave you a link to a forum where you MAY find some third party support...

While I appriciate you may want more from the receiver than you are getting at present we can not and will not be supporting anything other than factory FTA firmware unless we state otherwise, this goes for ALL our receiver range, if in doubt please feel free to ask us these sort of questions BEFORE you place the order, that way there can hopefully be no misunderstanding, our contact form is always open...

I thank you for your understanding on this.

parbat
10th January, 2010, 02:59 PM
Well step back take a breath and start again. Look here for a start
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-firmware-loading-guide-tutorial-42524/

PLEASE HELP FILE IS COMING UP AS CNL AND NOT BIN. What do I do ?

Sat-Shop
10th January, 2010, 07:10 PM
The guide you have been pointed to is for the A750, you have the DW800...

parbat
10th January, 2010, 07:17 PM
PLEASE HELP FILE IS COMING UP AS CNL AND NOT BIN. What do I do ? "CODE FILE SIZE ERROR" when trying to download on CODE SEND screen. I change PORT depending on the one im using 3, 4, 5. what am i doing wrong, does anyone know.

Thanks to Bulldog, but I am still trying. The file / firmware when i unzip it come up as CNL File. I have spent most of my Sunday but still no luck. Anyone knows where im going wrong

Sat-Shop
10th January, 2010, 07:21 PM
I give up....

Fspiders
12th January, 2010, 08:26 PM
Have you sorted it?

parbat
12th January, 2010, 08:51 PM
"CODE FILE SIZE ERROR" when trying to download on CODE SEND screen. I change PORT depending on the one im using 3, 4, 5. what am i doing wrong, does anyone know.

Thanks to Bulldog, but I am still trying. The file / firmware when i unzip it come up as CNL File. I have spent most of my Sunday but still no luck. Anyone knows where im going wrong

I am very sorry please can you PM me again as my baby off the computer while I was reading.

Thank you for you help

Fspiders
12th January, 2010, 08:59 PM
You need to forget the tutorial you've been reading as it's not for the box you have.

You don't need to use ports or anything like that.

You take the CNL file you downloaded and unzipped and place it on a usb flash stick and plug it into the back of the dw800.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-hd-dw800-firmware-manual-57148/

It's really easy and once you've installed the firmware then you have to setup the dw800 to receive the channels you require.

Sat-Shop
12th January, 2010, 09:03 PM
I can assure you this has been explained to him several times already, I'm just at a loss how to make it any more plain :S

Fspiders
12th January, 2010, 09:05 PM
If he's local to me in Blackburn I'm more than happy to set it up for him.

parbat
12th January, 2010, 09:48 PM
Have you sorted it?

no not yet. Had firmware and instructions sent to me, i was in middle of reading them but my baby off the computer. I lost the info of message.

parbat
12th January, 2010, 09:49 PM
im in harrow, middx too far away thanx for offer

parbat
13th January, 2010, 07:46 PM
Have you sorted it?

Thanks I did that when "FILE 1" comes up I press the right click and right click again it stays on " 1 KRYPTVIE " and on the TV screen it stays on the "Dream World DW800 Cable screen". If I right click again it comes up with "DATA ERROR" on the box ?

Please can you text or call me **** and I will call you.

Thanks

parbat
15th January, 2010, 08:24 PM
Hi I unzip the latest Firmware and put it on the USB Stick and foolowed the instructions.

When "FILE 1" comes up I press the right click and right click again it stays on " 1 KRYPTVIE " and on the TV screen it stays on the "Dream World DW800 Cable screen". If I right click again it comes up with "DATA ERROR" on the box ?

When I received the Receiver this was the first Instructions I followed after reading about the Update 23/12/09 and it does the same thing still.

I DONT KNOW WHY?

Can anyone help. Thanks

DW190
16th January, 2010, 12:27 AM
Hi I unzip the latest Firmware and put it on the USB Stick and foolowed the instructions.

When "FILE 1" comes up I press the right click and right click again it stays on " 1 KRYPTVIE " and on the TV screen it stays on the "Dream World DW800 Cable screen". If I right click again it comes up with "DATA ERROR" on the box ?

When I received the Receiver this was the first Instructions I followed after reading about the Update 23/12/09 and it does the same thing still.

I DONT KNOW WHY?

Can anyone help. Thanks

Just go through the menu, you will find file transfer from stick to box.

parbat
17th January, 2010, 08:50 PM
THANKS TO SAT-SHOP I HAVE RESOLVED MY PROBLEM. I NEEDED TO CHANGE MY USB STICK. IT WAS FAULTY.

I AM CURRENTLY THE HAPPIEST MAN ON EARTH. AGAIN MANY THANKS TO SAT-SHOP.

I DONT KNOW WHY?

Can anyone help. Thanks

huzman43
4th February, 2010, 08:03 PM
thank's good job