PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Me from Lexus GS300

eepromRipper
6th January, 2010, 11:21 PM
Now for the guru and anyone who can contribute. a vehicle came to my workshop on friday, a lexus gs300 1995 model, the customer complained that the engine ECU was stolen and he bought a replacement, since it was a lexus, i saw it as a piece of cake and told my boys to handle it after the whole weekend they couldn't fix it so i decided to rip it off on my own today and i have spent the whole day on the this vehicle. i opened the ECU chouldn't find the readable eeprom. The vehicle starts and goes off immediately acting like keys have not been programed.

is there anyone with an idea of what to do? this car is giving headaches. is there a way to do a reset or take of immo totally in this vehicle? it has the old diagnostic connector so joing 12 and 14 to reset immo is not also possible. any ideas are welcome. i will post picture of ecu tomorrow.

Thank you

z786
6th January, 2010, 11:25 PM
try joinin pin 4 & 13 on diag connector for 35 mins and let me know

Meat-Head
6th January, 2010, 11:40 PM
just a thought, open the ecu (duh, it is!) and OFF the vechile short out every capacitor in the ecu, then do this for the immo box, then try user Z786's tip!

Had it before where the silicon chip gets so confused it doesn't know what to do!

The other possibility is if

a) wrong ecu
b) something else has been stolen off the car/swapped for bad part!
c) possable wrong, just check the hair-flow meter hasn't been blown to shit-rags
d) did have a saxo to do (pronunced sshh-aaaxx-sshho), which
would start run and die, EVERYTIME and it was the fuel filter which
was basically a 'bog roll' and the 'carboard inner' (ally and capped at one end) get moving after 1 second, and blocking the outlet! French crap
e) might be worth asking the customer to start with the full story, people 'dont' go round nicking ecus, besides the person who nicked it will have the same problem! (airbags and cats yes people go nicking)!

For you to acutally consider immo off, you must be DESPRATE, not like you at all.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this because you are one of them members which is a giver and not a taker.
YouTube - Help! Beatles

jimthejock
7th January, 2010, 12:45 AM
what are the numbers on the ecu and the type that it is

eepromRipper
7th January, 2010, 08:36 AM
@z786 it is a 95 model lexus so it has the old diagnostic connector and not the OBDII on recent toyota vehicles.

@meathead(each time i see this username i laugh and my daughter likes the username) i've got the vehicle history and that was the only problem. every other thing has been checked. MAF, fuel pump et al. and yes this time am desperate. i never like the immo-option.

@jimthelock: i've been looking forward to your contribution. i'll get back to you with the details soon.

I really appreciate all your effort and hope we get to the end of this for real.

eepromRipper
7th January, 2010, 08:43 AM
here goes the ECU part number: 89661 - 30510
it's a 2JZ-GE engine.

Meat-Head
7th January, 2010, 08:56 AM
just struggling for time.

look up "all car electrics" allferton (?) derbyshire
they are 'the only' ecu hire company, and call them, seem to think they have a contact up scotland way who is a jap ecu specalist.

play it cool, think before you ring ie don't go "' 'ello c**t what's the number of geezer in scotland, kid"

jimthejock
7th January, 2010, 12:40 PM
if the ecu has an eeprom in it it will be a 93c56 chip could be written as L56R or ic 900 on the printed board if it doesnt have this then on very rare occasions it will have a seperate immo box which can be in many places including in the boot of the car but these are very rare

Meat-Head
7th January, 2010, 05:07 PM
after thought!

meant to say write down all the chip numbers, get a college to verify them, then punch them into google, (omitting the end letters, if needed) and see if you can identify/cross reference or cross dress the chips to a number you know, dude

eepromRipper
7th January, 2010, 07:32 PM
Here goes the pictures of my nightmare ECU

Meat-Head
7th January, 2010, 07:43 PM
1) on photo one is that a bit of bud bottom left of corner?
2) looking at photo 2, answer to no 1 is yes.
3) Suggest you try looking for another car in scrapyard, that is a runner
and rob the lot off that?
4) Who ever nicked the first ecu doesn't want punishing, they need help
suggest re-flash their firmware using the "mental health act"
that's assuming they haven't used it already as a weight to drown
themselves
5) Try asking user Sixpack nicely to see if he can suggest something
other than using it for a speed hump.
6) Had a look for the ecu guy in scotland to no avail.

PremierD
7th January, 2010, 07:44 PM

Meat-Head
7th January, 2010, 08:00 PM

see what you mean about the old age, you appear to have clicked 'reply' not 'new thread', lol

eepromRipper
7th January, 2010, 08:06 PM
where is "sixpack"...............

Meat-Head
7th January, 2010, 08:23 PM
Here, he is one of the admin/mod guys on here, be nice, remember to grovel and lick and polish his boots, be nice put his cat out, feed his fish (not to the cat).

He is a VERY busy man.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/57114-sixpack/

If you shouts at you, just panic and run. Whilst blaming

if @sixpack comes on later he will know , he repairs ecu's

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f68/mondeo-ecu-repair-info-77120/#post389333

PremierD
7th January, 2010, 08:28 PM
see what you mean about the old age, you appear to have clicked 'reply' not 'new thread', lol

So you did Miss it then ......... Age lol

Meat-Head
7th January, 2010, 08:30 PM
So you did Miss it then ......... Age lol

Yeah 99 the same number as this bird signing about 99 red ballons in finest quality German!

YouTube- Nena- 99luft Balons

obdmaster
8th January, 2010, 01:09 AM
Now for the guru and anyone who can contribute. a vehicle came to my workshop on friday, a lexus gs300 1995 model, the customer complained that the engine ECU was stolen and he bought a replacement, since it was a lexus, i saw it as a piece of cake and told my boys to handle it after the whole weekend they couldn't fix it so i decided to rip it off on my own today and i have spent the whole day on the this vehicle. i opened the ECU chouldn't find the readable eeprom. The vehicle starts and goes off immediately acting like keys have not been programed.

is there anyone with an idea of what to do? this car is giving headaches. is there a way to do a reset or take of im*o totally in this vehicle? it has the old diagnostic connector so joing 12 and 14 to reset im*o is not also possible. any ideas are welcome. i will post picture of ecu tomorrow.

Thank you

So you want to be so cruel to a lexus by wanting to de-activate im*obiliser? maybe you should change your profession as your obviously not upto the one you have chosen!!!!!!!!!:goodpost:

jimthejock
8th January, 2010, 03:03 AM
i dont think that there is anything to read on that ecu to enable you to make a key
im not even convinced yet that it has an active immobiliser on it if there is it wont be in that ecu if there is one it will be a seperate box
i can find no listing in my pc.s or on my usula places like tmpro etc for that model and age with that ecu when the ecu is disconnected do you have an active immo light flashing if there is one flashing it means there is a seperate box somewhere else

eepromRipper
8th January, 2010, 06:46 AM
So you want to be so cruel to a lexus by wanting to de-activate im*obiliser? maybe you should change your profession as your obviously not upto the one you have chosen!!!!!!!!!:goodpost:

Dont take it personal my friend. its a mistake. alright. we all be here ready to help

eepromRipper
8th January, 2010, 06:51 AM
i dont think that there is anything to read on that ecu to enable you to make a key
im not even convinced yet that it has an active im*obiliser on it if there is it wont be in that ecu if there is one it will be a seperate box
i can find no listing in my pc.s or on my usula places like tmpro etc for that model and age with that ecu when the ecu is disconnected do you have an active im*o light flashing if there is one flashing it means there is a seperate box somewhere else

you're very correct, am thinking in that direction too but the vehicle has too keys and they are the original keys that came with this vehicle. so even if there's a separate immobox, am sure the keys are registered

obdmaster
8th January, 2010, 09:28 AM
Dont take it personal my friend. its a mistake. alright. we all be here ready to help

Sorry eepromripper, you just made me mad with your post in my thread. I always try to help everyone who posts as most DK members do. And to be honest your attitude in my post was not good. DK is about helping each other to make our job easier, not taking the piss out of each other, so to watch us fail.

Anyway lets move on , and maybe one day we might be friends?:ciao:

Meat-Head
8th January, 2010, 02:39 PM

M-H-M where possable ALWAYS deactivate immo, no matter reson for non start our customers 99/100 non start, no fuel, battery no matter always

"immo brokwern, your fault" remove it stops them moaning and a theif will go for keys, rather than try to hot-wire

obdmaster
8th January, 2010, 04:14 PM
M-H-M where possable ALWAYS deactivate im*o, no matter reson for non start our customers 99/100 non start, no fuel, battery no matter always

"im*o brokwern, your fault" remove it stops them moaning and a theif will go for keys, rather than try to hot-wire

Meat-HEAD me and eepromripper had a fall out last night m8. i just quoted him anyway its done and dusted.:viking:

Meat-Head
8th January, 2010, 08:19 PM
Meat-HEAD me and eepromripper had a fall out last night m8. i just quoted him anyway its done and dusted.:viking:

Yeah see that, thought it was funny. People get stressed with cars and people, extreames of weather, people coming in, wasting time, 'customers' with the wrong firm ware e.g. .pl ot .it or .lt .etc.

Best way of dealing with difficult customers is

a) Shout at them in their face*
b) Tell that if they ring more than twice in a day their car gets pushed
outside on to the yellow lines and the Gestarpo (traffic wardens)
get a phone call.*

* M-H-M have not yet tried these tips yet but these methods DO work
a) One garage from Meat-City b) from another part of the UK!

ON TOPIC

As EEpromripper has not mentioned Sixpack that would suggest

a) he is unable to assit
b) He is busy (as normal)
c) somebody fed the fish to the cat after been told not to!

Can you try using your Gambit to 'read' the keys
or if you are friends with the local hospital can you get them to put in the x-ray machine?

gazzaull22
8th January, 2010, 09:32 PM
does the key you have for the car have a one button remote? the button been on the side of the key? does the key work the centrel door locking? There is no transponder on this year of lexus. Please answer and i can help

eepromRipper
9th January, 2010, 12:16 AM
does the key you have for the car have a one button remote? the button been on the side of the key? does the key work the centrel door locking? There is no transponder on this year of lexus. Please answer and i can help

The key does not have a remote, it has a transponder. the key is a 4C

gazzaull22
9th January, 2010, 02:14 AM
have found immo box in the boot?

eepromRipper
9th January, 2010, 08:10 AM
problem is not key programming, the keys are the original keys that came with this vehicle. the main problem is the ecu that was replaced. now car starts and goes off immediately

gazzaull22
9th January, 2010, 11:56 AM
Are you sure about it having a transponder? The lexus gs300 did not have 4c transponders until 1998.

eepromRipper
9th January, 2010, 12:02 PM
Are you sure about it having a transponder? The lexus gs300 did not have 4c transponders until 1998.

its really surprising, but it has. i could even send the picture of the transponder coil on the ignition.

Meat-Head
9th January, 2010, 12:21 PM
Under the circumstanses (new spelling) is it worth ringing your local Lexus Stealer eg "eepromRippershire Lexus" and ask how much for the 1/2 labor (american spelling) charge to re-sync it. but that will pose 5 problems

1) 'it's ('it@s) too old, piss off, sir
2) Nobody can read/wright at dealers
3) there are all under 21 years of age
4) the ones over 21 years, can't rember & don't care because they are
retiring next year!
5) maybee if you go to back of the workshop and look at the faces and
pick one who is not too young or too old and see if he will do it at lunch time in exchange for some brand name eg 'kelvin cline' underwear

gazzaull22
9th January, 2010, 12:52 PM
so what is the security light doing when u put the key in? does it flash? when it cranks is the light flashing?

eepromRipper
9th January, 2010, 12:57 PM
so what is the security light doing when u put the key in? does it flash? when it cranks is the light flashing?

yes when it cranks the light will continue flashing but if you insert the key before cranking the light goes off as in normal operation.

eepromRipper
9th January, 2010, 12:58 PM
Under the circumstanses (new spelling) is it worth ringing your local Lexus Stealer eg "eepromRippershire Lexus" and ask how much for the 1/2 labor (american spelling) charge to re-sync it. but that will pose 5 problems

1) 'it's ('it@s) too old, piss off, sir
2) Nobody can read/wright at dealers
3) there are all under 21 years of age
4) the ones over 21 years, can't rember & don't care because they are
retiring next year!
5) maybee if you go to back of the workshop and look at the faces and
pick one who is not too young or too old and see if he will do it at lunch time in exchange for some brand name eg 'kelvin cline' underwear

MEATHEAD!! my daughter writes..."meathead is so funny and impossible"

gazzaull22
9th January, 2010, 01:02 PM
Have you checked the new ecu to see if it ok?

Meat-Head
9th January, 2010, 03:19 PM
MEATHEAD!! my daughter writes..."meathead is so funny and impossible"

Without wanting to be personal or wanting to offend anybody
only in round figures how old is your daughter?
(don't answer if you don't want to)

eepromRipper
9th January, 2010, 04:14 PM
Have you checked the new ecu to see if it ok?

tried about 7 other ecu with same part number.

eepromRipper
9th January, 2010, 04:29 PM
Without wanting to be personal or wanting to offend anybody
only in round figures how old is your daughter?
(don't answer if you don't want to)

Age???????????? 99

Meat-Head
20th January, 2010, 12:18 AM
Have you got this thing doing dough-nuts in the snow yet?

eepromRipper
20th January, 2010, 11:21 PM
this car still is yet to start. the security indicator flashes while trying to crank. just found a Toyota vehicle security module Electronic control Unit inside. anybody with an idea?

jimthejock
21st January, 2010, 02:05 AM
that tvss box is controlled by a remote function on the key do you have a remote key for it ?

eepromRipper
21st January, 2010, 06:16 AM
that tvss box is controlled by a remote function on the key do you have a remote key for it ?

no, the customer has just 2 keys with a 4c transponder inside

Meat-Head
21st January, 2010, 04:36 PM

I agree, the funky symbols give the game away it is a radio receiver.

too lasy to read up posts, how long has customer had car?

Try looking up all the chips and see if you can manually 'pulse' the door locks, lock then unlock (think like shitty reno immb - auto cut in)

then try other suggestions.

Did you ring stealer, worth a call or look on ebay for a tool to do job!

eepromRipper
8th February, 2010, 10:56 AM
ok guys, i finally found the immobilizer for this vehicle in the boot of the car tucked in carefully behind the mat. i checked and the keys are stored inside, i put a virgin file inside and HURRAY! car starts and revs normally. thank you all for your support. its been a long journey

Meat-Head
8th February, 2010, 02:51 PM
awesome dude, can you upload the details, chip type and file please
on this thread and here with a link to here!

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f115/vehicle-radio-airbag-dump-downloads-85886/