PDA

View Full Version : Is ktag clone worth the cheap price?

crankycarl
6th February, 2020, 12:02 AM
Was wondering if anyone has used ktag clone and thought it was actually usefull. I have a carprog clone I bought just to do a one off radio code job and it worked fine, other then that I haven't had much luck with China clone stuff. Found a cheap ktag and kess for sale but they are clones. Was thinking about picking them up to play with, but don't wanna waste my time if they are completely worthless?

If so can anyone recommend a entry level chip tuning tool for not-professional work

dehacko
6th February, 2020, 07:25 AM
hello kess and k-tag clone eu version V2 work 80% succesfull
k-tag bdm is better and safer

send PM, I provide link for good clone, and black/white list of success read/write and chcecksum correct

figani
6th February, 2020, 08:41 AM
work 80% succesfullt

an interesting statistic...
plus an even number of 80...

Was wondering if anyone has used ktag clone and thought it was actually usefull. I have a carprog clone I bought just to do a one off radio code job and it worked fine, other then that I haven't had much luck with China clone stuff. Found a cheap ktag and kess for sale but they are clones. Was thinking about picking them up to play with, but don't wanna waste my time if they are completely worthless?

If so can anyone recommend a entry level chip tuning tool for not-professional work

to get a reasonably useful answer...
you would have to narrow down which engine ecu units you intend to make...

but yes, clones are also working...

dehacko
6th February, 2020, 11:33 AM
80 is an estimate

I compare with my friend who has the original

example edc17.... read kess obd clone dump incomplete , ori kess read complete (edc17 read all right clone only k-tag)
Maybe someone has a good clone, and someone less good

cupsi
6th February, 2020, 01:23 PM
U have ktm 100 software for clone k-tag, support more cars and work good..