PDA

View Full Version : Which frequency devices

Wilberg93
6th February, 2020, 05:21 AM
Hey everyone I been wondering which frequency devices are being used to copy block and or transmit to these new push start vehicles. Maybe someone has an idea I’ve noticed that so many thief’s have been stealing cars like this lately has me wondering how they lay their hands on these things.

jodge
6th February, 2020, 09:55 AM
it's like a wifi range extender. The stealing stuff isn't doing anything magical just amplifying the key signal.
Let's assume your keys are hanging behind your apartman main entrace. Thief1 standing on your fron door with a suitcase1. Thief2 walking around the building parking area with suitcase2. The suitcase1 picking up your key signal and transmit to the suitcase2, thief2 found your car and start with the transmitted key signal. After the car started no need to present the key (at least until the car is running)
The suitcases are contaning antennas and the radio signal amplifier stuff.
The manufacturers are trying to prevent this kind of stealing. Some keys re equipped with movement sensors if the key isn't moving for a while it's going to "sleep" and impossible to picking up it's signals. Simply bcose it's not transmitting

ghostrider72
6th February, 2020, 09:58 AM
Not sure what device is it but there is plenty YT vids.

https://youtu.be/U9IhrMExnzM

But also there is plenty devices to stop that. Like pandora alarm or Autowatch Ghost.

Regards

Wilberg93
6th February, 2020, 05:43 PM
I’ve seen the documentaries about this but I was wondering if someone knew of a device already maybe I can obtain one and see how it operates. It’s crazy how something like this is so easy for thieves to obtain. Wanted to do my own little experiment and open the device kind of see how it really works.

Wilberg93
6th February, 2020, 05:44 PM
I see what you’re saying happen to know where one can purchase something like this? For a experiment?

paul_12345
7th February, 2020, 12:46 PM
I see what you’re saying happen to know where one can purchase something like this? For a experiment?

For an experiment??? These will cost a good few grand

ghostrider72
7th February, 2020, 03:26 PM
Yeah. Experiment how to nick neighbour car [emoji23]

kosu
7th February, 2020, 03:58 PM
You could do this for $22 in 2017. Not much detail though:
https://www.wired.com/2017/04/just-pair-11-radio-gadgets-can-steal-car/