PDA

View Full Version : Not hacking....Boosting

Question
7th January, 2010, 02:39 AM
Anyone out there help me with my Wi-Fi signal, we have just got the net back on after about 3 years without it, we live in southern spain and the local village has just set up free Wi-Fi...only thing is we are RIGHT on the edge of the signal, the only place we can get internet is in the attic which is bloody cold and theres no heating up here.
everyday from about 3pm until 11pm our signal is as bad as dial up, sometimes worse because naff all will load lol i think if more than 5 people are logged on the signal just says..."manana amigo" lol there is another network within scanning range but its password protected and after reading the last post i wouldnt want people to think we are trying to hack his PC
is there any way to strengthen the signal just so we could have the PC down in the living room next to the fire?? or just get a better signal from what we got??

:beerglass:
Many Thanks
:beerglass:

BLOWN BATTERY
7th January, 2010, 04:21 AM
there are multiple ways to increase reception for wireless....here i use a 3 amp booster and some addtional attachments to increase my signal reception range..it is not hacked ...just increase in reception range...lol.....but i'm across the great lake...iynwim...i will post up some dead links...just add xx to tt and you will see what some of the equip i use...hope this is exceptable on this euro site..its what we do over the sea here...no live links..peace...

BLOWN BATTERY
7th January, 2010, 04:25 AM
hxxp://www.wilsonelectronics.com/
tt

BLOWN BATTERY
7th January, 2010, 04:35 AM
hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/14-dBi-Patch-Panel-Satellite-Dish-Wireless-Antenna_W0QQitemZ120511340957QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0f09219d

just replace the xx with tt peace

BLOWN BATTERY
7th January, 2010, 04:43 AM
one more toy i like...its very precise/directional....
hxxp://www.cantenna.com/
old school stuff but effective.....gets the sig.....peace

chroma
8th January, 2010, 11:56 AM
building a helix and attatching it to an old satellite dish gives insane ammounts of gain, its bulkier than a cantenna but its far better especialy for a stationary position, its also easier to build accurately.

Imho cantennas offer varying results as theyre hard to build to a high quality spec, with a parabolic helix youve got a proven dish and a helix is just a twist of wire, the only difficulty is mounting it accurately for the best possible results.

BLOWN BATTERY
13th January, 2010, 05:28 AM
building a helix and attatching it to an old satellite dish gives insane ammounts of gain, its bulkier than a cantenna but its far better especialy for a stationary position, its also easier to build accurately.

Imho cantennas offer varying results as theyre hard to build to a high quality spec, with a parabolic helix youve got a proven dish and a helix is just a twist of wire, the only difficulty is mounting it accurately for the best possible results.
i agree
just takes some patients...but the end results are worth it...peace...b.b.

sandancer
13th January, 2010, 12:51 PM
go to hawkings web site look for signal booster usb under wireless connections cost about 50 to 60? best thing going gets all within 1 to 1half mile if you want to piggy back up to you

^^TommyTee
20th February, 2010, 06:34 PM
hey just my 2 dollors

im establishing connections 8 miles away i will add more screenshots later

yours gratefully MrYagi pmsl