PDA

View Full Version : Simtec 70 eeprom clone proplem

alladdin205
9th February, 2020, 05:55 PM
Hi to all!
I've tried to write eeprom dump from original ecu simtec 70 ( opel astra G x18xe1) to a scrap one (with same caracteristics), with carprog, and now the eeprom seems to be corrupt (no pin and no VIN). Is there any possibility to recover ECU? If I reset the ecu and program it with OP-COM, on car, will work? Had anybody encounter this problem? I've tried also fvdi to write original dump, but with no luck.
Any idea wi'll be helpful.
Thanks

Sent from my S90_Apex using Tapatalk

Briankotze
9th February, 2020, 08:48 PM
What about just swapping eeprom over or writing data on new eeprom

volorucinski
9th February, 2020, 11:05 PM
It's a hybrid ecu, not a normsl one, Briankotze.
Alladdin, try rewrite the eeprom in simtec 70 advanced with Carprog

alecsander114
9th February, 2020, 11:26 PM
never use carprog to write those ecus. only read pin and adapt with opcom. if you really , really need to clone it use io terminal

alladdin205
10th February, 2020, 10:43 AM
It's a hybrid ecu, not a normsl one, Briankotze.
Alladdin, try rewrite the eeprom in simtec 70 advanced with CarprogDoes not work.

brend
10th February, 2020, 10:44 AM
Which part nr. ecu original and donor ?

Hi to all!
I've tried to write eeprom dump from original ecu simtec 70 ( opel astra G x18xe1) to a scrap one (with same caracteristics), with carprog, and now the eeprom seems to be corrupt (no pin and no VIN). Is there any possibility to recover ECU? If I reset the ecu and program it with OP-COM, on car, will work? Had anybody encounter this problem? I've tried also fvdi to write original dump, but with no luck.
Any idea wi'll be helpful.
Thanks

alladdin205
10th February, 2020, 10:55 AM
Which part nr. ecu original and donor ?Almost the same... only the last number is different. But why it does not write the old dump back....I've tried carprog and fvdi.

brend
10th February, 2020, 11:27 AM
....Almost the same.... I think that's is problem.

Need more information about both ecu.
My question in Post 6 .

Almost the same... only the last number is different. But why it does not write the old dump back....I've tried carprog and fvdi.

alladdin205
10th February, 2020, 11:37 AM
....Almost the same.... I think that's is problem.

Need more information about both ecu.
My question in Post 6 .5wk9 1707 scrap
5wk9 1705 original ecu, from car.

I've compared the two dumps... seems they have the same lenght, some data regardin PIN and VIN are diferent.

volorucinski
10th February, 2020, 11:54 AM
Corrupted flash after eeprom writting. That is why it shows N/A on identification model and year. As you've read, next time only read pin code with Carprog, and then reset and reprogam on the car with OPcom. Try to fix it with IOT. If it doesn't, then put it in the junk box, becouse the flash cannot be put in boot mode for recovery on this ecu type.

alladdin205
17th February, 2020, 09:03 AM
Problem solved.... programmed ecu in immo 2 ( now the ECU has PIN); after that write VIN in ECU and car starts and works ok. All the procedure had been done with ecu's installed on car.
For this I've used OPCOM.
As an info..do not try to use CARPROG clome to write eepron in SIMTEC70. Best way is to use both PIN codes to program ECU on car.
Thanks all!