PDA

View Full Version : Show us your satellite setup!

.: JaCkPoT :.
24th September, 2008, 08:09 PM
heres my setup for those who wanna see it!!

aftermath
24th September, 2008, 08:25 PM
:wink:

Nice one sadiq . got a few spare dishes there.

24th September, 2008, 08:40 PM
:wink:

Nice one sadiq . got a few spare dishes there.

yes they were our two starter dishes. 1 is @ 19east and the other at 28.2. im sure ppl wont buy a motor straightt away ifd they have no idea on what is what. i think ive seen a pic of urs on this forum. the dish is located on top of a window on a ground floor extension i think.

utdman
24th September, 2008, 11:55 PM
is that a darkgold 0.1db lnb i see?:smokin:

25th September, 2008, 04:45 AM
is that a darkgold 0.1db lnb i see?:smokin:

Nope. Just a fortec star one

27th September, 2008, 06:43 PM
Upload pics of your setup so members can have a look!!

westkill
28th September, 2008, 09:21 AM
its a 1.1m triax dish with twin lnb
heres some pics a bit crued but it does the job i would not have done it without a balcony lol , as i live on the 5th floor lol
the bracket made out of scaffolding

the upright pole on the inside goes from the floor of the balcony to the underneath of the balcony above on a ajustable base

dont laugh at the wires i havent finished as i have 3 dishes up at the moment till i get sorted , but i drilled through the window frame just enough to put the cable through :thefinger:
it wont be like that for ever i hope :roflmao:
seeing its a council flat i live in they havnt complained yet
if they do i will have to try and get on the roof and rig it up :aetsch:

3rd October, 2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks westkill.
Anyone else wanna show of your setup? Please do so.
()
OO

westkill
4th October, 2008, 12:37 AM
Thanks westkill.
Anyone else wanna show of your setup? Please do so.
()
OO

hi my friend it could very soon or never or never if they ask me to take it down
i live in a a block of 42 flats and 40% of the flats have uk sky dishes up close on my balcony the dish looks big but when your on the ground out side it dosnt look that big at all if you get my drift lol , i no its 50 50 chance of them pulling me about it,thanks for looking at my pics :party:
nilesat or 7w the only thing i can pick up stuff on 7w vertical some fta channels no chance on showtime
i thought i would share my complete waffle with you :ciao:

cgscott
4th October, 2008, 01:09 AM
Out the front garden

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:nBmb4N3ZZve91M:http://www.nitehawk.com/rasmit/n2uo_dish.jpg

The back Garden

http://www.nitehawk.com/rasmit/k2uyh1.jpg

All i get is freeview. what am i doing wrong?

westkill
4th October, 2008, 05:47 AM
Out the front garden

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:nBmb4N3ZZve91M:http://www.nitehawk.com/rasmit/n2uo_dish.jpg

The back Garden

http://www.nitehawk.com/rasmit/k2uyh1.jpg

All i get is freeview. what am i doing wrong?

:dontknow::roflmao:

4th October, 2008, 10:43 AM
hi my friend it could very soon or never or never if they ask me to take it down
i live in a a block of 42 flats and 40% of the flats have uk sky dishes up close on my balcony the dish looks big but when your on the ground out side it dosnt look that big at all if you get my drift lol , i no its 50 50 chance of them pulling me about it,thanks for looking at my pics :party:
nilesat or 7w the only thing i can pick up stuff on 7w vertical some fta channels no chance on showtime
i thought i would share my complete waffle with you :ciao:

Thats sad then. You must have spent alot on that and if they make you take it down then i dont think youll be very happy.
Whereabouts do you live? If your any more north than manchester then your have no chance of showtime with a 1.1

westkill
4th October, 2008, 04:51 PM
i live about 40 miles west of london :)

4th October, 2008, 05:51 PM
My uncle lives in london and he has a 80cm technomate dish and on the clearest of nights he picks up show comedy and shasha and a few more so if you fine tune your dish and make sure your lnb skew is perfect then you should get something. Try at 11 at night on a day which the rain hasnt fell. Look at the strongest tp guide which a stickyd in the gen sat section and search that transponder.

shady77
5th October, 2008, 09:49 AM
my setup.
yeah, set the squarial up to pick up transmissons from the marco polo, its ace, i get the movie channel, now, the sports channel, galaxy and power station. jealous?

the other one is at jodrell bank although they said my softcam wouldnt work, and had me arrested when i tried to hook some coax up to it

halau
6th October, 2008, 05:56 PM
I found this building out in Thailand earlier on this year,i went back to house just to get camera........Planing permission dont seem to be an issue

I have some more somewhere will hunt them down and post later

chapdis
11th October, 2008, 06:38 PM
Here is mine in the south of france.

Triax TD78 80cm dish
3 Lnb with diseqc switch.
Astra28.2, HBird13 and Astra19.2

Will upgrade with a bigger dish soon:argh:1066

12th October, 2008, 12:40 AM
Stop spamming this thread with pictures of the net. Have some decency towards the thread and stop uploading pictures of 30m dishes.

chapdis
12th October, 2008, 07:52 AM
Stop spamming this thread with pictures of the net. Have some decency towards the thread and stop uploading pictures of 30m dishes.

I can tell you it's my dish....:reddy:

halau
12th October, 2008, 05:21 PM

bit strong ehh dude

12th October, 2008, 09:36 PM
bit strong ehh dude

donno how strong u r big guy, but i hope ur harder than a nail coz.....

they get Hammered!!

firestorm
22nd October, 2008, 06:55 PM
here my attempt to get 7west

westkill
22nd October, 2008, 07:45 PM
wicked m8 :)
i would be trying to to rig it up on the roof of my flats:aetsch:

thered
22nd October, 2008, 07:46 PM
here my attempt to get 7west

nice the wife would love that lol

firestorm
22nd October, 2008, 11:13 PM
i just hope she never looks behind the shed lol i saw a andrews 2.4m on ebay this week it was in spain but she said no no no i had even got my mate to agree to drive his flat bed truck there and do a cig run to pay for the juice but she still was not having any of it

22nd October, 2008, 11:19 PM
Ahh. How unfortunate. Thanks for the upload any way mate.

16th December, 2008, 11:54 PM
Just bumping this for members who have interest but havent seen it before...
Alun. Im still waiting to see your setup..:)

skyhacker
19th January, 2009, 05:23 PM
my setup 90cm technomate motorised dish highline lnb facing 28e and the shitty tree in way lol the reason i cant get 45 +w

benny/9
19th January, 2009, 10:29 PM
if you dont want to miss anything this is what you need

20th January, 2009, 12:41 AM
Yep ben..you stole that picture from me..thats my attempt to get 197e although its not physically possible..

3rd March, 2009, 05:08 PM
hers is a newer pic of our recently moved setup..this is because of inability to receive all 1w and further west sats..

xant14
3rd March, 2009, 05:41 PM
I like these 'spot the five differences' competitions.

terriers
3rd March, 2009, 08:44 PM
looks like that tree got the better of you sadiq?

Curious123
3rd March, 2009, 11:36 PM
This was my setup early last year. the pole was piched from the kids trampoline, the white base was part of the large outside umbrella stand, the plant pot was nicked from the wife and the bricks were picked from next doors wall. lol

westkill
4th March, 2009, 01:00 AM
This was my setup early last year.lol
what about this year lol

Curious123
4th March, 2009, 01:31 AM
The scaffolding pole was 21 feet but I had to chop it down to get into my car but this is my setup now.

westkill
4th March, 2009, 08:06 AM
at least the garden looks tidy now with the new shed lol
did you concrete the pole in the ground :)

gmb45
4th March, 2009, 08:20 AM
at least the garden looks tidy now with the new shed lol
did you concrete the pole in the ground :) and hes got round to doing the fence m8 lol

4th March, 2009, 03:37 PM
nice one curious...like it

alunfennell
4th March, 2009, 05:48 PM
Sadiq999uk my god you have more metal on the front of your house than the Mir space station !

Regads:
Alun

4th March, 2009, 10:46 PM
Back of the house mate Lol

ryan8188
5th March, 2009, 12:05 AM
Will post my pics 2moz once i finally get it up and running.

ended up getting a 95cm on 24" T&K with scaffold pole above roof line. My legs were shaking putting it up lol.

5th March, 2009, 12:57 AM
Please make sure you upload pics..i want to see you work of art!

razer070
5th March, 2009, 08:35 AM
This is my 1.8m dish just took the pics this morning hehe Needed a big dish for 28.2e,I live in Malta :)

:manuflag:

ryan8188
5th March, 2009, 06:47 PM
Here my new set up will be better once i change elevation to get some signal lol

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.ae6db9e7bc.jpg
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.340329e2fc.jpg

micron123
7th March, 2009, 05:01 PM
This is my 85cm motorised setup. Works a treat..
The other one is my weather satellite antenna...

terriers
7th March, 2009, 06:41 PM
LOOKS GOOD M8

2tone
8th March, 2009, 11:26 AM
this is my set up for now would love to change it as i have a 36v motor that a friend give me but my walls are sh*t so dont want to risk it

22nd July, 2009, 01:20 AM
Nice one there Martin-F! Do you have any pictures whih are closer?

opsmonkey
22nd July, 2009, 02:05 AM
lol.. this thread is a bit like comparing penis sizes..
"Mine is bigger than yours"... "look mine has a big shaft" lol

martin-f
22nd July, 2009, 02:13 AM
if it come down to that i think you would win lol

22nd July, 2009, 03:19 AM
lol.. this thread is a bit like comparing penis sizes..
"Mine is bigger than yours"... "look mine has a big shaft" lol

Lol the middle pages are..
I thought it would be nice to see the setup which members use and how nice their house is :roflmao:

martin-f
22nd July, 2009, 03:42 AM
how nice their house is
the one with wooden pegs wins lmao

22nd July, 2009, 03:59 AM
the one with wooden pegs wins lmao

LOL! Funny guy

piptaps
22nd July, 2009, 10:22 AM
Here is mine. It picks up 53e to 15w. The brackets cut down to 6" do actually allow it to swing to 30w, but the house roof blocks the line of sight on this one!

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/taps05/sat2.jpg

piptaps
22nd July, 2009, 10:23 AM
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/taps05/sat1.jpg

piptaps
22nd July, 2009, 10:23 AM
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/taps05/sat.jpg

westkill
22nd July, 2009, 10:35 AM
i think the pole should be longer above the garage roof ridge line

terriers
22nd July, 2009, 12:27 PM
Nice triangle m8..lol..

ITS A SCAM !
24th July, 2009, 01:36 PM
Here is some piccys of my dish, its a 85cm motorised. I was not 100% happy with the stability of the T & K bracket in Very High winds ( its gets very windy where i live ) So i added additional stability by using some cetenary wire and 2 Turnbuckles to help stop it from moving....I also used some "Galvafroid" spray paint to protect bare metal from corrosion, and not forgetting a drip loop in the coax and "Tie Wraps" instead of tape to keep the coax in place. I managed to fit this using a "cherry picker"....the whole idea of using a ladder does not impress me at all. :stickyman:

piptaps
24th July, 2009, 02:54 PM
now this is impressive stuff, nice clean set up

aftermath
24th July, 2009, 03:03 PM
ITS A SCAM that looks like you done a very good and tidy job, bet it took ages to get right .

ITS A SCAM !
24th July, 2009, 03:14 PM
I am a electrical engineer, and working at heights with a cherry picker is something i do every day. Actually doing the job did not take that long, getting the bits together took a lot longer. I did all my research first, then decided the best way to install it. With it being at the front of our house it was important that it looked neat, and with everyone in our street knowing what job i do for a living, it had to look good, otherwise my neighbours would of taken the p**s out of me. But thanks for the thumbs up...

24th July, 2009, 07:39 PM
Whats that string thing? we need something like that.. what material is it made from? how long are the hooks used?

ITS A SCAM !
24th July, 2009, 07:59 PM
Its called cetenary wire, its made from galvanised steel and it can be purchased from B & Q for a couple of quid. I also used " Turnbuckles" or " Tensioners " These are used to create a very tight connection between the wire and the Rawplug/eyelet, so it will not move when high winds blow. I got the idea from some Ministry Of Defence Transmitters near to Alton Towers.
P.s The turnbuckles are available in many lengths, i got some 4" (100mm) ones for my job. These are also galvanised, although there are some stainless steel ones available. These are for use on marine equipment due to high anti-corrosion values.

SatSearching
24th July, 2009, 09:48 PM
Here is my other dish when I am away in the Caravan. I'm thinking about getting a Disque motor for it but think the wife would go mad.

http://www.ukcvs.org/enigma/pic3.jpg

Sod terestial freeview and those tiny caravan tripod dishes.........

SS

ITS A SCAM !
24th July, 2009, 09:56 PM
Thats very good, and if the chinese takaway will not deliver because you are in the welsh mountains.....you could use the dish to knock up a quick stir fry ???? Joking apart, that is EXACLY what i have done at my mums static caravan...lol.....Well done SatSearching !!

Bulld0g
24th July, 2009, 10:04 PM
Thats very good, and if the chinese takaway will not deliver because you are in the welsh mountains.....you could use the dish to knock up a quick stir fry ????

:roflmao: stir fry pmsl

opsmonkey
24th July, 2009, 10:27 PM
hope you like it ;)

http://www.bnsc.gov.uk/assets/channels/our_planet/1-Army_Comms.jpeg

ITS A SCAM !
24th July, 2009, 10:33 PM
Is this what you use to watch Private Spice ??? " just going out for a while dear.....taking the dog for a walk down the woods in the 4 X 4, be back home in about 4 hours ??????? have you seen my packet of tissues anywhere dear ??????? " LOVE YOU !!! bye.

krazylegz
24th July, 2009, 10:36 PM
Is this what you use to watch Private Spice ??? " just going out for a while dear.....taking the dog for a walk down the woods in the 4 X 4, be back home in about 4 hours ??????? have you seen my packet of tissues anywhere dear ??????? " LOVE YOU !!! bye.

ha ha classic.....except it would be...... "back in 2 mins dear" :roflmao:

ITS A SCAM !
24th July, 2009, 10:38 PM
2 Minutes ??? You marathon man !!! LOL

opsmonkey
24th July, 2009, 10:40 PM
Private Spice.. no thanks..

Krazy's got it spot on.. 2 mins of Sex View on Hotbird 13E sorts me out twice for the night lol

krazylegz
24th July, 2009, 10:41 PM
2 Minutes ??? You marathon man !!! LOL

not me.......ops lol ....i'd be 1 min :roflmao:

ITS A SCAM !
24th July, 2009, 10:49 PM
I have to be honest and say that i DID watch one of the sexview channels yesterday.....There was no storyline at all, so i went to private Spice....I understood that one...lol

opsmonkey
24th July, 2009, 11:12 PM
story line.. lol.. watch a proper movie channel then..

has to be gonzo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzo_~~~~ography) all the way for me ;)

ITS A SCAM !
24th July, 2009, 11:18 PM
mmmmmmm......Interactive ~~~~.....thats seems good. Move over garlic bread, the REAL future is here !!

25th July, 2009, 12:54 AM
I have to be honest and say that i DID watch one of the sexview channels yesterday.....There was no storyline at all, so i went to private Spice....I understood that one...lol

Im sure theyre easier then that to understand. lol

opsmonkey
25th July, 2009, 02:52 AM
they are not hard to follow..

man (or men) bang lady (or ladyboy as on krazy's box..lol)

lady sucks man like a golf ball through hose.. she screams a bit, he moans a bit.. releases his baby gravy in either..:

a) her mouth (but she spits it out boooo)
b) over her ample breasts.. or..
c) my favorite.. creampie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creampie_(sexual_act))'s her

lol lol

westkill
25th July, 2009, 07:31 AM
Im sure theyre easier then that to understand. lol
yea there is hotbird its not a women its a satellite
ones got at hairy hole and the other aint
and you cant touch either
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

25th July, 2009, 01:47 PM
yea there is hotbird its not a women its a satellite
ones got at hairy hole and the other aint
and you cant touch either
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

You should of stayed in bed rather than waking up to post summat i dont get.

krazylegz
25th July, 2009, 02:41 PM
bang lady (or ladyboy as on krazy's box..lol)

l
lol lol

shhh dont tell everyone my secret :roflmao:

You should of stayed in bed rather than waking up to post summat i dont get.

you will in a few years m8 ;)

dowlinr
26th July, 2009, 01:44 PM
Here's mine, currently pointing at 28.2e so has a bit of a skew at the moment.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/beerman2005/ABCD0020.jpg

I got the dish and lnb for free so only had to pay out for the motor and bracket. People advised me against the bracket and said get T&Ks but I'm one to prove people wrong :D

Put it up with the help of my mates cherry picker, I wouldn't have liked to do it with a ladder, all that lot weighed quite a bit

26th July, 2009, 02:31 PM
@dowlinr
1west must me straight to you house, your lucky, do you receive anything past 30w?

ITS A SCAM !
26th July, 2009, 02:34 PM
Here's mine, currently pointing at 28.2e so has a bit of a skew at the moment.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/beerman2005/ABCD0020.jpg

I got the dish and lnb for free so only had to pay out for the motor and bracket. People advised me against the bracket and said get T&Ks but I'm one to prove people wrong :D

Put it up with the help of my mates cherry picker, I wouldn't have liked to do it with a ladder, all that lot weighed quite a bit

Very nice. I would of been a bit cautious using that type of bracket. How have you fastened it to the wall ?? And with your wall being rendered, you cannot be sure of getting a good fixing into a solid brick ?? Have you suffered any really high winds yet ??

26th July, 2009, 02:50 PM
Very nice. I would of been a bit cautious using that type of bracket. How have you fastened it to the wall ?? And with your wall being rendered, you cannot be sure of getting a good fixing into a solid brick ?? Have you suffered any really high winds yet ??

Our house has since been rendered, atleast we know we hit the bricks before hand. wouldnt like to wake up to my dish on the floor with a BIG dent.

dowlinr
26th July, 2009, 03:10 PM
It's bolted through the brick with some big bolts. Been up for about a year now so must have had some high winds in that time.
I too wouldn't like to wake up with the dish on the floor, I park my car directly under there.

To be honest I have never checked anything past 30w. Any match I want to watch is usually on the major sats.

6th August, 2010, 02:11 AM
how about i bump this one eh ?

Satguy Keano
6th August, 2010, 11:12 AM
OK I'll show you mine !

150cm Gibertini next to Channel Master 240cm.

Gibertini not in use at the mo. See how I am sprayed them brown so you can hardly noticed them.

Triax 64cm dish with 0.8w,7.0e,13.0e and 19.0e

7.0e only works if no rain.

Just to give you idea of size, the fence behind is a 5 foot panel sat on a 1 foot base.

ITS A SCAM !
6th August, 2010, 12:38 PM
See how I am sprayed them brown so you can hardly noticed them.

LOL......That dish is so big you need to spray the top half blue, to match to sky !!....lmao......That is one amazing set up you have there.....Well done to you !!

satsid
6th August, 2010, 12:47 PM
Nice setup that,240 dish must be pointed @ 7 west for footy lol.Muilt lnbs are great when windy,& will not lose signel like my wave dish.

themanfromuncle
6th August, 2010, 12:53 PM
See how I am sprayed them brown so you can hardly noticed them.

Wow, that dish is enormous !!

My I ask what kind of paint did you use ? And does it have any (negative) effect on reception at all ?

Also I didn't know it was possible to put 4 lnb's on a 64cm Triax dish. But obviously it is.

Satguy Keano
6th August, 2010, 02:50 PM
LOL......That dish is so big you need to spray the top half blue, to match to sky !!....lmao......That is one amazing set up you have there.....Well done to you !!

You know I did start to spray the top green to match the tress behind, if you look carefully you just about see abit of green.

Nice setup that,240 dish must be pointed @ 7 west for footy lol.Muilt lnbs are great when windy,& will not lose signel like my wave dish.

It was for showsports but they have lost the rights now and I can't do much with it now. Can't get 26.0e because of the fence at the side.

Wow, that dish is enormous !!

My I ask what kind of paint did you use ? And does it have any (negative) effect on reception at all ? No loss of reception at all m8. I had the dish when it was white and there is no difference. Just use non metallic spray paint.
I've still got the tin at the side of the house, I'll have look later at the make.

Also I didn't know it was possible to put 4 lnb's on a 64cm Triax dish. But obviously it is.

Yes got the multi lnb arm from ebay, Had to use the special LNB's because they are close.
I want to get a 90cm triax now with 4 lnb's and have that working with the 64cm triax.
I do have a dish on a motor but you can't beat going from 0.8west to 28.2e is split second.

alunfennell
6th August, 2010, 04:04 PM
OK I'll show you mine !

150cm Gibertini next to Channel Master 240cm.

Gibertini not in use at the mo. See how I am sprayed them brown so you can hardly noticed them.

7.0e only works if no rain.

Just to give you idea of size, the fence behind is a 5 foot panel sat on a 1 foot base.

Thats right ! I had real diffculty spotting them there so camouflaged lol , I had to use Google earth to see them properly lol.

Satguy Keano
6th August, 2010, 05:59 PM
m8 you might laugh but if you use google earth and put in my post code you can see the 240cm dish !

The wife still goes mad at me and its been 3 years now.

ITS A SCAM !
6th August, 2010, 06:26 PM
Well you must get rid of it !! Pack her bags and order her a taxi !! lmao

satsid
6th August, 2010, 07:36 PM
240 dish might be worth moving to 4 west,thats not much of a move.Dont know what your pick up but could be fun.