PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Fabia 1.6 TDI 105HP DPF issues due to VW emissions cheat.

madmattyd
17th February, 2020, 06:51 PM
Right so I am a total noob to engine tuning/mapping. However I do have a pretty extensive computer knowledge which I think would help with learning about tuning.. So I have this Fabia and have done for a good while and VW recalled it for a emissions cheat remap. Since then it has lost alot of power and fuel efficiency. I do know you can remap them either back to the original software or to a more powerful tune and more economical tune. I don't have the £300+ to do this though as am disabled and unable to work. I did read other forum threads and saw not to post stupid questions so hopefully this is not deemed to be a breach of any forum rules.. Does anyone mind helping me do this myself. Can it be don with an OBD port connection from my own personal laptop with open source software? If so could you help me find this? Also I do know this can be very tricky for beginners and can 'brick' your car... (dunno the real word but have jailbroke many other computerized devices).. So I know anything I am told and try is at my own risk.. There is loads of companies offering a tune which gives around 45 extra HP with a 'DPF Delete' and around 10% better fuel economy. So my guess is they are mostly using the same tune. I do get sporadic times where my DPF light comes on and just buy VPower and DPF cleaner and run my car hot in 3rd gear to clear it. But it's getting annoying.... Any help would be hugely appreciated thanks