PDA

View Full Version : Iprog+ clone Repair

mrnixdorf
18th February, 2020, 02:32 PM
Hello, tired of searching for a way to repair the iprog+ clone unfortunately there's no info about it.

i received the iprog+ two days ago, test it everything was ok, until i tried to feed it with 12v external to read a dash on table, it's got burned.
After opening it, i saw two boards, one filled with black glue, and the second have one ceramic capacitor burned.
After trying the iprog+ to read only eeprom with adapter, it's still working.
When i tried to feed the dash 12v from the adapter, it got burned again lol
now the iprog+ is not working anymore. when i click on read eeprom the VDO10/12v light 1 second and no reading.

Is there a good way to remove that black glue without damaging the board component to see what burned else?

Thank you

mrnixdorf
18th February, 2020, 04:27 PM
After checking it seems that the converter "mc34063a" on the picture can be the cause.
Is there a way to check it with multimeter, cuz i can't access to it when the two boards are connected.
Also, iprog give error "Voltage overload" when trying to read eeprom with adapter.

PS: please mods move this thread to Help and Discussions, i made a mistake.

fuzz1
19th February, 2020, 12:43 PM
I read on the website selling the clone to never power it up as it will burn the Iprog.
I guess the iprog clone is not good after all. Been mostly a waste so far

mrnixdorf
19th February, 2020, 02:16 PM
I read on the website selling the clone to never power it up as it will burn the Iprog.
I guess the iprog clone is not good after all. Been mostly a waste so far
Unfortunately, this info wasn't described in item description when i bought it. i read it only after it's burned lol.
Anyway i ordered the mc34063a and Lm317T as they seems faulty, for the capacitors i only found one faulty already changed. will receive them in 2 days and will test again.

xtech
19th February, 2020, 02:58 PM
my burning to c2 capasitor was foulty

mrnixdorf
19th February, 2020, 03:05 PM
my burning to c2 capasitor was foulty
Same as you, that was when i power it with 12v.
Do your iprog still working with eeprom adapter? read write without problem?

fuzz1
19th February, 2020, 04:15 PM
It seems to clear the crash files but i haven't been able to read any eeprom yet

fuzz1
19th February, 2020, 04:17 PM
Has anyone been able to get the iprog clone to work? By maybe changing the chips

mrnixdorf
20th February, 2020, 06:02 PM
Ok change the converter and C2
Still the same problem, here is the full test resutls.

Start Test
--- Direct VCC = 3V ---
ADC0 (Code 41) = 0.0 V. NOTICE.
--- Direct VCC = 5V ---
ADC0 (Code 41) = 0.0 V. NOTICE.
--- August 10 / 12V ---
Uâûõ = 10V
ADC2 (Code 43) = 0.0 V. NOTICE.
ADC3 (Kit 44) = 0.0 V. NOTICE.
Uâûõ = 12V
ADC2 (Code 43) = 0.0 V. NOTICE.
ADC3 (Kit 44) = 0.0 V. NOTICE.
--- Direct external power supply ---
WARNING - REMAINING THE REMARKS.
--- Real Estate ---
PORTD.1 (btw 6): REMAINING
PORTE.0 (lead 7): OK.
PORTE.1 (lead 8): OK.
PORTE.2 (bar 9): OK.
PORTE. 3 (Step 10): OK.
PORTE. 4 (Conc. 23): OK.
PORTE. 5 (navigation 24): OK.
PORTE. 6 (Conc. 25): OK.
PORTE.7 (Inv. 27): OK.
PORTD.6 (bar 5): REMAINING
PORTA. 0 (Entry 20): OK.
PORTA. 1 (Entry 21): OK.
PORTA. 2 (Conc. 22): OK.
PORTB.0 (Enter 19): REMARK.
PORTB.3 (Inv. 18): REMARK.
PORTA. 5 (entry 2): REMOVING.
PORTA.6 (Sat 17): ok
PORTA. 7 (Stage 1): ok
PORTB.4 (Inv. 16): REMAINING
PORTB.6 (Step 4): OK
PORTB.5 (Step 3): OK
------------------------------
Please contact us. Îøèáîê: 13

Translated from Russian to english.

mrnixdorf
21st February, 2020, 08:34 PM
Hello again, i found the diagram for the iprog china clone power board. "Filled with black stuff"
If someone could help with what to check.

fuzz1
22nd February, 2020, 04:24 AM
Hello again, i found the diagram for the iprog china clone power board. "Filled with black stuff"
If someone could help with what to check.

What black stuff are you talking about? On your fried board?

mrnixdorf
22nd February, 2020, 01:14 PM
What black stuff are you talking about? On your fried board?

I was talking about The board flooded with black compound.

There's three version of iprog china clone.

1- The board is not flooded. This does not happen often, the programmer is easy to understand. Given the appropriate experience, it is not difficult to refine it. But it is noticed that such devices are often assembled on the most low-quality components, and very often they do not even start the first time they are connected.

2- The board is flooded with black compound "like mine". This is a kind of middle ground for the quality and complexity of disassembly. The compound is difficult to remove. To remove it, first separate the boards, then with a blow dryer at a temperature of 120-170 degrees, and with the help of a suitable tool that does not damage the board's mask, remove the upper, thick layer of the compound. Further, they use aggressive chemical solvents. and wash the rest of the compound with a hard, non-metallic brush. I didn't try to remove it yet as i'm suspecting the power board.

3- Board drenched in white epoxy compound. Various chemical compositions were tried, and no solutions were found for flushing. Only by heating a method of 180-200 degrees with a soldering hair dryer, while it is loosened and broken off with a metal spatula or tweezers. Leave a fee in this case is almost impossible. But these devices are considered one of the first and more or less normal quality.

Also i attached a picture of the adapter that must be made in order to to check how the power board and ports of the main unit work. You can use the fulltest script on iprog+ soft then.

mrnixdorf
22nd February, 2020, 10:49 PM
Ok i was able to fix mine finally, had change two capacitors one diode 3 pin and one zener.
Now it read and write on 5v and 3v normally

Briankotze
23rd February, 2020, 08:23 AM
Are you able to power up 12v externally after repair?. Can you please share picture of repaired components on board

mrnixdorf
23rd February, 2020, 10:06 PM
I will add picture tomorrow with what changed.
I didn't try to power it again with 12v, but i will check that tomorrow too.

fuzz1
25th February, 2020, 07:32 AM
I will add picture tomorrow with what changed.
I didn't try to power it again with 12v, but i will check that tomorrow too.

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience an knowledge.

Can you help me diagnose what is wrong with my clone iprog+?

It is recognised by the computer can run the scripts but I have not been able to use it via obd2 port or even read any chip in circuit with it.

mrnixdorf
25th February, 2020, 07:31 PM
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience an knowledge.

Can you help me diagnose what is wrong with my clone iprog+?

It is recognised by the computer can run the scripts but I have not been able to use it via obd2 port or even read any chip in circuit with it.

Your welcome my friend;
first here's a picture of what i changed to make it works again.

And for your question, i tried the obd functions on 5 diferrent cars models, none of them worked for me.
After some reading, for the iProg+ clone, the obd works only on Honda models, i didn't try it yet on Honda cars my self.
About reading chip, there's an adapter test script on iprog, can you launch it and write details back here?
Also a picture of your iprog+ boards would be good.

PS: Don't and never power your iprog+ clone with 12v

fuzz1
26th February, 2020, 02:56 AM
Your welcome my friend;
first here's a picture of what i changed to make it works again.

And for your question, i tried the obd functions on 5 diferrent cars models, none of them worked for me.
After some reading, for the iProg+ clone, the obd works only on Honda models, i didn't try it yet on Honda cars my self.
About reading chip, there's an adapter test script on iprog, can you launch it and write details back here?
Also a picture of your iprog+ boards would be good.

PS: Don't and never power your iprog+ clone with 12v

I tried on Honda fit it didn't work. Got the power overload error. I'm wondering what works now. I'll post the pics thanks.

fuzz1
26th February, 2020, 06:37 PM
694304694305I can't seem to attach doc files in this thread

fuzz1
26th February, 2020, 06:39 PM
694309694310can't find any parts inside. The two boards have been glued with very hard epoxy.

fuzz1
29th February, 2020, 05:42 PM
Is there anyway to check if the iprog is working? It connects to the computer and is detected. However when i try to do a pin tester i get pin tester... power overload.

Can anyone help? No i have not connected it to any power supply

CAN Diagnostic
1st March, 2020, 10:07 AM
ive been reading this thread its very interesting ive personally have not tried to connect it to obd yet but i always connect a 12v feed when ever im reading any chips on the bench with it

fuzz1
1st March, 2020, 11:27 AM
Are you using the clone iprog? Can you post the inner pcb photos? Seems there are at least two grades of clones.

dineshdias
2nd March, 2020, 03:46 AM
I Separated mine by applying heat in-between two boards. Just need to rewrite the firmware dump. Does anyone have a dumped .bin file for Iprog+?
Searched over and over in the internet but, no luck. :(

fuzz1
2nd March, 2020, 10:13 AM
I Separated mine by applying heat in-between two boards. Just need to rewrite the firmware dump. Does anyone have a dumped .bin file for Iprog+?
Searched over and over in the internet but, no luck. :(

How are you planing to rewrite the dump? It seems the epoxy was spread all over the board

MICROMAN1969
4th March, 2020, 07:58 AM
SALUDOS TENGO IPROG CLONE TRABAJO EN CASI TODO REALIZO UNOS DOS VEHICULOS POR OBD2 Y LUEGO DEJO DE RECONOCER EL CABLE DE OBD2 Y ME SALE EL SIGUIENTE MENSAJE ....POWER ON...CAN_ADAPTER NOT FOUND. CUALQUIER AYUDA ESTARE MUY AGRADECIDO

Profi66
6th March, 2020, 09:41 AM
Maybe someone will help.

Profi66
6th March, 2020, 09:43 AM
modernization

2hard
11th March, 2020, 03:44 AM
Try:

RobertTalker
30th December, 2020, 12:46 AM
Thanks to this post and my effort too. It was only one component that required replacing for the power overload error to go.

PSAcars
3rd January, 2021, 08:52 AM
Hello to all. Here I have made power board to work on 100%, read my post on this thread. You will have to remove one diode ( on original iprog there is no such diode bypass the inverter circuit, and change 4-5 resistors in inverter circuit ) look here:
https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/810280-Can-we-get-a-sticked-IPROG-china-clone-mega-thread

fuzz1
3rd January, 2021, 06:26 PM
Definitely great work. I'm wondering if an external power supply can be added to the iprog to achieve same effect. The power supply with the hard epoxy can't be reworked.

Thanks for sharing your work

uio_boy
14th January, 2021, 06:04 AM
Thanks to this post and my effort too. It was only one component that required replacing for the power overload error to go.

Hello, can you share what you change and with wath components please, tks

PSAcars
14th January, 2021, 06:35 AM
Hello to all. Here you can read my post about power board repair.

https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/810280-Can-we-get-a-sticked-IPROG-china-clone-mega-thread/page10

hcip
24th June, 2021, 04:57 PM
My Iprog Power Module, (Tested)

It can fit on China Clone and Ukraine clone

fuzz1
24th June, 2021, 08:21 PM
There's a third of pin connecting the main board to the power board. Can't see that on board from hcip. I guess she simplified it.

hcip
2nd July, 2021, 07:31 PM
There's a third of pin connecting the main board to the power board. Can't see that on board from hcip. I guess she simplified it.

The 3rd Pin on Chinese clone is only a guide not reverse the connection to the main board when you plug this power board, so I marked it which side is correct when plug it on the Chinese Clone main board..

fuzz1
3rd July, 2021, 03:24 PM
Thank you hcip. Nice to see you back. Do you need an oscilloscope to read the different voltages from the power board? Or are the voltages constant on those pins?

xlv600
3rd July, 2021, 09:26 PM
Thank you hcip. Nice to see you back. Do you need an oscilloscope to read the different voltages from the power board? Or are the voltages contact on those pins?

An oscilloscope is not the best tool to test DC voltage. A multimeter on Voltage position is the only tool you need, as well as a continuity tester and the schematics in order to locate the components.

fuzz1
4th July, 2021, 03:59 AM
Thank you for your help.

With a scope it would just be easier to measure instantaneous voltages. I have tried to use the schematics that came with the iprog but the parts do not correspond on the board. Kind of weird why would a cloner change something that works to something that doesn't. Makes no sense just to save a few cents.

Baffles me really.

hcip
4th July, 2021, 08:24 PM
Thank you for your help.

With a scope it would just be easier to measure instantaneous voltages. I have tried to use the schematics that came with the iprog but the parts do not correspond on the board. Kind of weird why would a cloner change something that works to something that doesn't. Makes no sense just to save a few cents.

Baffles me really.

Schematic from Iprog doesnt help mate.
as you can see on my Board, I make some modification, Some part are replaced, and value of resistor also changed
Following what inside the original schematic cannot deliver the stable voltage because of the parts manufacturer difference

you need to Get a reference from the datasheet of Part to get exact and Stable Voltage...

fuzz1
5th July, 2021, 04:47 PM
Would you be so kind to share the parts that you used?

And me who thought using ohm's law to get the required voltages by adjusting resistor values.

fuzz1
5th July, 2021, 07:06 PM
Hello chttps://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=821907&d=1626025829&thumb=1 (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=821907&d=1626025829)an anyone tell me the value of the small missing capacitor in the circle? Thanks

hcip
18th July, 2021, 03:19 AM
Hello can anyone tell me the value of the small missing capacitor in the circle? Thanks

Very Bad Regulator Board. too many missing part.
Do it with your own risk.
if you are not familiar in electronics then Think before you proceed, The output of inverter IC may raise up to 50Volts and may damaged your Atmel Proccesor

fuzz1
18th July, 2021, 03:40 AM
Thank you my friend for your time and patience. I replaced the parts apart from the coil.

I will look for one. It's a non working iprog so just playing around with it. It's like a piece of puzzle for me. With all the time i spent buying a new one would have been much cheaper. But can't help it the satisfaction of fixing something takes over.823217

fuzz1
18th July, 2021, 04:39 AM
Here's the monster

fuzz1
18th July, 2021, 01:33 PM
I checked the values of the three resistors

331 reads 387 ohms
1r0 reads 0.6 ohms for both

Replaced the missing parts with electrolytic capacitors. Haven't replaced the coil yet. Will find one to replace seems only the shield is gone. I will place the resistor as advised on the pins of the mosfet.

�� Thanks

xlv600
25th July, 2021, 09:30 AM
Hello can anyone tell me the value of the small missing capacitor in the circle? Thanks
The missing capacitor is C12 =100nF on schematics.

rybenz
15th August, 2021, 06:50 PM
My Iprog Power Module, (Tested)

It can fit on China Clone and Ukraine clone

Hello @hchip.
Are the components on the Main Board that need to be corrected too?.
Thanks.

Troco5773
20th October, 2021, 05:41 AM
Hello and what was the initial problem to change those components, mine has the same problem, you can send me more detail

Sonic34
29th November, 2021, 12:08 AM
i just receive my Iprog, if you need additionnal information do not hesitate, see attached

rod85
2nd December, 2021, 01:59 PM
Unknown USB device , device malfunction. Device descriptor request failed. 10/12v led on, vcc 3.3/5v led on weak brightness, usb/ext5v led on. Please tell me what is the problem . Cant install driver, windows reported it is already installed.

It is only connected to USB . Why all leds are on851628

Sonic34
4th December, 2021, 12:34 PM
after drivers installed, open iprog, then switch to another script et go back to the one you need, it should work

jack7er
12th December, 2021, 11:04 PM
i just receive my Iprog, if you need additionnal information do not hesitate, see attached

Hi Sonic, have you tested our new one? In power supply board, there is only one LM stab and a lot of stuff missing related to his environment. Also D3 missing, as someone write before that is not necessary even harmful for circuit. Have you made any rework or it is just straight from the box? Clone one ? best regards

Sonic34
13th December, 2021, 09:08 AM
Hi Sonic, have you tested our new one? In power supply board, there is only one LM stab and a lot of stuff missing related to his environment. Also D3 missing, as someone write before that is not necessary even harmful for circuit. Have you made any rework or it is just straight from the box? Clone one ? best regardsHi jack7er, today it Still as is, but i want to upgrade it to full chip, because i have error when trying to read eeprom, and also with can adapter to reset mb ecu.

I can read in key, but when i put out key and clik on unlock, nothing happen and i get error message "not respond" (i have the righ out key)

I ordered component to do full test.

Regards

Envoyé de mon SM-G9810 en utilisant Tapatalk

chupocro
6th April, 2022, 11:42 PM
The 3rd Pin on Chinese clone is only a guide not reverse the connection to the main board when you plug this power board, so I marked it which side is correct when plug it on the Chinese Clone main board..

There is a place to solder the header to that connector on the powerboard and this is pinout of that connector at the mainboard:

1: µC pin 45 (VDDIO) <-- µC pin 51 in the schematics (TMS)
2: µC pin 49 (TDO) <-- same as in the schematics (TDO)
3: µC pin 53 (TCK) <-- µC pin 33 in the schematics (TDI)
4: µC pin 51 (TMS) <-- µC pin 53 in the schematics (TCK)
5: µC pin 33 (TDI) <-- µC pin 39 in the schematics (NRST)
6: through 4k7 to pin 1 (VDDIO) <-- GND iin the schematics

Both the PCB and the schematics contain TDI, TDO, TMS and SCK that could be used for JTAG programming of the µC in Fast Serial mode.

No NRST signal at the PCB's connector as there is in the schematics.

No VDDIO signal in the schematics as there is at the PCB's connector.

There isn't GND at the PCB's connector as in the schematics.

There isnt 4k7 to VDDIO in the schematics as at the PCB's connector.

No pull-up resistors to VDDIO on the PCB but there are places to solder them. In the schematics there are pull-ups to VCC-CPU.

BTW, there is ESD200 BlueTooth module in the schematics. TX, RX and RST are connected to pins 29, 30 and 36 of the µC which are on the PCB left unconnected meaning there should be the firmware for using iProg with BlueTooth communication too.

fuzz1
10th April, 2022, 07:02 PM
Hi
I'm lost at what you trying to explain. Bluetooth module? You been able to activate it?

chupocro
11th April, 2022, 07:52 PM
Hi
I'm lost at what you trying to explain. Bluetooth module? You been able to activate it?

Hi,

hcip said (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/807270-Iprog-clone-Repair/page3?p=4155905#post4155905) that the third header on the Chinese PCB is only a guide for not to connect the powerboard backwards and he said that the third header is otherwise useless.

I said the third header is not useless - it is JTAG header and could be used to program AT91SAM7S256.

I wrote the third header pinout as the pins are connected on the Chinese iProg and in the Shematics (which is different).

I don't have ESD200 BlueTooth module, I only have Chinese iProg. I don't know if iProg version with BlueTooth module even exsists but the BlueTooth module obviously does exist in the schematics and is marked with ESD200.

Do you by the way have any info on the documentation for writing scripts? This is what I discovered so far. (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/810280-Can-we-get-a-sticked-IPROG-china-clone-mega-thread?p=4316939&viewfull=1#post4316939)

fuzz1
12th April, 2022, 05:09 AM
Hi
I have the schematics which came with the iprog. You can find them in help menu i think

chupocro
13th April, 2022, 01:58 PM
Hi
I have the schematics which came with the iprog. You can find them in help menu i think

Hi,

I have only the schematics from iProg Megathread (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/810280-Can-we-get-a-sticked-IPROG-china-clone-mega-thread?p=3848987&viewfull=1#post3848987). But the component labels in these schematics are not the same as on the iProg PCB. For example, R12 on the PCB is R10 in the schematics, R20 on the PCB is R57 in the schematics etc.

I don't find the schematics in the Help menu.

So you don't have any info about writing scripts?

chupocro
28th April, 2022, 01:02 PM
Hi

Hi,

I've found this 8 year old video where iProg works with Bluetooth. It is in the 2nd half of the video.

https://youtu.be/drEYt39zztY

Maybe BT would work by just soldering the ESD200 BT module. Depends if BT is in the firmware.

medmine
20th May, 2022, 09:51 PM
can any one upload me last version of iprog v87

rtbdiagnostic
23rd May, 2022, 09:03 AM
https://mega.nz/file/Z8sAUDxB#rflTXVXe1nF_eZouGXgicRRyV6nGIFJtspeNmS1zE Ww

Vrndzo
22nd June, 2022, 12:35 AM
https://mega.nz/file/Z8sAUDxB#rflTXVXe1nF_eZouGXgicRRyV6nGIFJtspeNmS1zE WwRegards, can you link again which work?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Turi24
15th August, 2022, 02:20 PM
Hello everyone guys I wanted an opinion or bought iprog or read the forum a bit and I was able to read with bdm but or an error, mbus bdm can anyone help?

fuzz1
16th August, 2022, 04:07 AM
Hello everyone guys I wanted an opinion or bought iprog or read the forum a bit and I was able to read with bdm but or an error, mbus bdm can anyone help?

Maybe you should describe the error you getting. From what you wrote can't understand if you bought one or want to buy one

Turi24
16th August, 2022, 09:08 PM
Scusa e perché uso il traduttore. Oppure acquistato iprog e riarrangiato, quando eseguo bdm test o errore 8906918906918

fuzz1
3rd September, 2022, 09:00 AM
Hi

I bought another iprog

Tried the full test using a breadboad

gettting this

Çàïóñê òåñòà
--- Òåñò VCC = 3V ---
ADC0 (êîíòàêò 41) = 3.1 V. OK
--- Òåñò VCC = 5V ---
ADC0 (êîíòàêò 41) = 5.1 V. OK
--- Òåñò 10/12V ---
Uâûõ = 10V
ADC2 (êîíòàêò 43) = 8.1 V. ÍÅÈÑÏÐÀÂÍÎÑÒÜ.
ADC3 (êîíòàêò 44) = 3.4 V. ÍÅÈÑÏÐÀÂÍÎÑÒÜ.
Uâûõ = 12V
ADC2 (êîíòàêò 43) = 8.1 V. ÍÅÈÑÏÐÀÂÍÎÑÒÜ.
ADC3 (êîíòàêò 44) = 3.4 V. ÍÅÈÑÏÐÀÂÍÎÑÒÜ.
--- Òåñò âíåøíåãî ïèòàíèÿ ---
ÍÅÈÑÏÐÀÂÍÎÑÒÜ - ÂÍÅØÍÅÅ ÏÈÒÀÍÈÅ ÍÅ ÏÎÄÊËÞ×ÅÍÎ.
--- Òåñò âûâîäîâ ---
PORTD.1 (âûâîä 6): OK.
PORTE.0 (âûâîä 7): OK.
PORTE.1 (âûâîä 8): OK.
PORTE.2 (âûâîä 9): OK.
PORTE.3 (âûâîä 10): OK.
PORTE.4 (âûâîä 23): OK.
PORTE.5 (âûâîä 24): OK.
PORTE.6 (âûâîä 25): OK.
PORTE.7 (âûâîä 27): OK.
PORTD.6 (âûâîä 5): OK.
PORTA.0 (âûâîä 20): ÍÅÈÑÏÐÀÂÍÎÑÒÜ
PORTA.1 (âûâîä 21): ÍÅÈÑÏÐÀÂÍÎÑÒÜ
PORTA.2 (âûâîä 22): ÍÅÈÑÏÐÀÂÍÎÑÒÜ
PORTB.0 (âûâîä 19): OK.
PORTB.3 (âûâîä 18): OK.
PORTA.5 (âûâîä 2): OK
PORTA.6 (âûâîä 17): ÍÅÈÑÏÐÀÂÍÎÑÒÜ
PORTA.7 (âûâîä 1): ÍÅÈÑÏÐÀÂÍÎÑÒÜ
PORTB.4 (âûâîä 16): OK
PORTB.6 (âûâîä 4): ÍÅÈÑÏÐÀÂÍÎÑÒÜ
PORTB.5 (âûâîä 3): ÍÅÈÑÏÐÀÂÍÎÑÒÜ
Òåñò çàâåðøåí. Îøèáîê: 12

Could someone please have a look to suggest what might be wrong

Thanks

fuzz1
3rd September, 2022, 03:43 PM
Please can someone have a look

Thanks910608

chupocro
4th September, 2022, 04:02 PM
Hi
Could someone please have a look to suggest what might be wrong

PORT errors are because you probably didn't change pull-up resistor on the mainboard and 10V & 12V errors are because you probably didn't change the resistor in ADC voltage divider on the mainboard and from what I see in the pictures you didn't replace the MC3406 current sense resistors with 0.22 Ohm. You can just put 3x1 Ohm in parallel instead of 12x||1R00

But you already knew that from the other iProg thread (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/810280-Can-we-get-a-sticked-IPROG-china-clone-mega-thread).

BTW, you can change Encoding for non-unicode programs to show cyrillic letter instead of unreadable characters in the iProg software. Then you can paste the text in Google Translate.

fuzz1
5th September, 2022, 11:34 AM
Thank you for your reply. It's been a while and sincerely i forgot what i did and i didn't get it working. I am trying with a new iprog.

Test run
--- Test VCC = 3V ---
ADC0 (pin 41) = 3.2 V. OK
--- Test VCC = 5V ---
ADC0 (pin 41) = 5.0 V. OK
--- Test 10/12V ---
Uout = 10V
ADC2 (terminal 43) = 6.5 V. FAULT.
ADC3 (terminal 44) = 2.7 V. FAULT.
Uout = 12V
ADC2 (terminal 43) = 6.5 V. FAULT.
ADC3 (terminal 44) = 2.7 V. FAULT.
--- External power test ---
FAULT - EXTERNAL POWER IS NOT CONNECTED.
--- Pin test ---
PORTD.1 (pin 6): OK.
PORTE.0 (pin 7): OK.
PORTE.1 (pin 8): OK.
PORTE.2 (pin 9): OK.
PORTE.3 (pin 10): OK.
PORTE.4 (pin 23): OK.
PORTE.5 (pin 24): OK.
PORTE.6 (pin 25): OK.
PORTE.7 (pin 27): OK.
PORTD.6 (pin 5): OK.
PORTA.0 (pin 20): FAULT
PORTA.1 (pin 21): FAULT
PORTA.2 (pin 22): FAULT
PORTB.0 (pin 19): FAULT.
PORTB.3 (pin 18): FAULT.
PORTA.5 (pin 2): FAULT.
PORTA.6 (pin 17): FAULT
PORTA.7 (Pin 1): FAULT
PORTB.4 (Pin 16): OK
PORTB.6 (Pin 4): FAULT
PORTB.5 (pin 3): FAULT

Eeprom test
Тест установки питания ...
Установка: 2.6 В, Реально: 4.9 В. (2.3) Ошибка 10B = 9.3 OK
Установка: 2.8 В, Реально: 4.9 В. (2.1) Ошибка 10B = 9.3 OK
Установка: 2.9 В, Реально: 4.9 В. (2.0) Ошибка 10B = 9.3 OK
Установка: 3.1 В, Реально: 4.9 В. (1.8) Ошибка 10B = 9.3 OK
Установка: 3.4 В, Реально: 4.9 В. (1.5) Ошибка 10B = 9.3 OK
Установка: 3.8 В, Реально: 4.9 В. (1.1) Ошибка 10B = 9.3 OK
Установка: 4.3 В, Реально: 4.9 В. (0.6) Ошибка 10B = 9.2 OK
Установка: 5.0 В, Реально: 4.9 В. (0.1) OK 10B = 8.1 OK
!!! Ошибки установки питания.
Тест шины данных...
VCC = 5.0 В: Ошибки: 1008
VCC = 4.3 В: Ошибки: 1008
VCC = 3.8 В: Ошибки: 1008
VCC = 3.4 В: Ошибки: 1008
VCC = 3.1 В: Ошибки: 1008
VCC = 2.9 В: Ошибки: 1008
VCC = 2.8 В: Ошибки: 1008
VCC = 2.6 В: Ошибки: 1008
>>>>>>>> Тест шины данных завершен...

Тест коммутации GND ...
VCC = 5.0 В: Ошибки: 00F7
VCC = 4.3 В: Ошибки: 00F7
VCC = 3.8 В: Ошибки: 00EF
VCC = 3.4 В: Ошибки: 00EF
VCC = 3.1 В: Ошибки: 00EF
VCC = 2.9 В: Ошибки: 00EF
VCC = 2.8 В: Ошибки: 00EF
VCC = 2.6 В: Ошибки: 00EF
>>>>>>> Тест коммутации GND завершен

Тест коммутации VCC ...
VCC = 5.0 В:
1-8: vcc = 579 OK
8-1: vcc = 585 OK
2-7: vcc = 591 OK
7-2: vcc = 591 OK
3-6: vcc = 591 OK
6-3: vcc = 591 OK
4-5: vcc = 591 OK
5-4: vcc = 591 OK
VCC = 4.3 В:
1-8: vcc = 591 OK
8-1: vcc = 591 OK
2-7: vcc = 591 OK
7-2: vcc = 591 OK
3-6: vcc = 591 OK
6-3: vcc = 591 OK
4-5: vcc = 591 OK
5-4: vcc = 591 OK
VCC = 3.8 В:
1-8: vcc = 610 OK
8-1: vcc = 622 OK
2-7: vcc = 622 OK
7-2: vcc = 622 OK
3-6: vcc = 622 OK
6-3: vcc = 622 OK
4-5: vcc = 622 OK
5-4: vcc = 622 OK
VCC = 3.4 В:
1-8: vcc = 622 OK
VCC = 3.1 В:
VCC = 2.9 В:
VCC = 2.8 В:
2-7: vcc = 616 OK
VCC = 2.6 В:
8-1: vcc = 616 OK
7-2: vcc = 616 OK
3-6: vcc = 616 OK
>>>>>>> Тест коммутации VCC завершен

chupocro
5th September, 2022, 09:40 PM
Thank you for your reply. It's been a while and sincerely i forgot what i did and i didn't get it working. I am trying with a new iprog.

Hi,

first replace two resistors as in the picture main_board_anmated.zip (it's an animated .gif, that's why I had to zip it). The resistor marked with the green dot has to be 4k7 and the other one marked with the blue dot has to be 51k.

Measure the resistance with mulimeter to check if everything is OK. Between green points it shoud be 4k7 and between blue points it should be 61k.

since your 10V and 12V results are exactly the same, that means the current sense resistor Rs (two parallel resistors on the board as I said in the last post) which is used for programming maximum current at the output of MC34063AG DC-DC converter is wrong - the current limit is too low to get more than 6.5 V. You can use this online calculator to calculete Rs:

http://www.nomad.ee/micros/mc34063a/index.shtml

Or just replace the resistors in the powerboard as I showed in this picture:

https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/810280-Can-we-get-a-sticked-IPROG-china-clone-mega-thread?p=4348637&viewfull=1#post4348637

If your board has some other DC-DC converter then look at the datasheet and calculate the value of Rs. If you have MC34063AG Rs should be 0.22 Ohm but it can work with 0.33 Ohm too. If you don't have 0.22 Ohm 0603 resistor just solder three 1 Ohm resistors of any size in parallel to get 0.33 Ohm.

Maybe you will not have to replace the transistors but better if you do.

Then test MBUS/UART/BDM adapter and if you get 5.5V instead of 7.5V replace the Zener diode to get the correct voltage.

And the most important - don't power iProg directly from laptop or PC USB port, use a good powered USB hub which has at least 2A power supply and which has backfeeding protection. You can find the list of all USB hubs with backfeeding protection somewhere on Raspberry Pi Wikipedia.

Don't forget to plug the power supply for the USB hub when you are programming microcontrollers - if you forget to plug it then 12V will jump over 14V, 10V will jump over 12V, 5V will jump over 6V and 3.3V will jump over 4V.

fuzz1
6th September, 2022, 03:03 AM
Hi
And a very very big thanks to you. It's very kind of you taking so much of your time to explain all that. I really appreciate. I haven't tried it yet though. I can see it interest lots of people too. Already three downloads

fuzz1
6th September, 2022, 07:17 AM
Hi
Just curious about this bit

Don't forget to plug the power supply for the USB hub when you are programming microcontrollers - if you forget to plug it then 12V will jump over 14V, 10V will jump over 12V, 5V will jump over 6V and 3.3V will jump over 4V.

Why would there be an increase in voltage if it's not powered through external supply?

Also a hub without backfeeding would be just a port without supply just data connection? My power supply board on the iprog has only one lm317. So connecting the iprog to an external power supply will not work

Thanks

chupocro
6th September, 2022, 03:28 PM
Hi
And a very very big thanks to you. It's very kind of you taking so much of your time to explain all that. I really appreciate. I haven't tried it yet though. I can see it interest lots of people too. Already three downloads

No problem :-)

I'd like more of us here in the forum would research this device. I will soon upload 24C00.blr script without changing the code but I will write detailed comments of every line of code so everyone who was before using microcontrollers would be able to understand how to write the script for some new EEPROM.

Hi
Just curious about this bit

Why would there be an increase in voltage if it's not powered through external supply?

Also a hub without backfeeding would be just a port without supply just data connection? My power supply board on the iprog has only one lm317. So connecting the iprog to an external power supply will not work

Thanks

When you plug only the USB hub into the PC or into the laptop then iProg is powered from weak USB power supply from the computer and the current goes through very long cable between the computer and the USB hub and then current goes through another USB cable between USB hub and iProg. Computer port current limit is only 500 mA and the voltage is usually about 4.9V but as soon as iProg draws current the voltage at the iProg input drops and then there is a jump in the voltages inside iProg - you can check it with test scripts or with the oscilloscope. 10V and 12V are derived from step-up controller which overcompensates voltage drops and voltages for adapters are derived from the same voltages.

On the other hand, powered USB hub voltage is usually 5.1V and is stable even when the device draws more than 1A.

Backfeeding is not powering the devices you connect to the USB hub, it is when you connect the USB hub to the external power supply and if USB hub is not powering just the devices you connect but is trying to power your computer too which is not good. Take a look at this explanation (http://www.whatimade.today/how-to-protect-a-rasperry-pi-from-a-powered-usb-hub/).

Here you can find the list of all USB hubs that are not backfeeding the computer and there is a list of USB hubs which are not good:

https://elinux.org/RPi_Powered_USB_Hubs

(https://elinux.org/RPi_Powered_USB_Hubs)USB hub which is not backfeeding the computer is just a better USB hub but it works for both powering the device and for communication.

PORT errors might be because you used a breadboard. These are high frequency signals.

fuzz1
6th September, 2022, 06:42 PM
Hi
The truth is that i got a bit addicted to DK. Meeting people sharing the same interest and so active keeps me visiting the site. I'll look for a USB hub to try it. Buying and waiting for it to come to my country will be probably 3 months. I'll try to ask for one without backfeed in the electronic shop. Saw some people cutting the positive to the usb connected to the computer. Thus in a way preventing the feed of current to the computer and from the computer to the hub

chupocro
6th September, 2022, 10:30 PM
Hi
The truth is that i got a bit addicted to DK. Meeting people sharing the same interest and so active keeps me visiting the site. I'll look for a USB hub to try it. Buying and waiting for it to come to my country will be probably 3 months. I'll try to ask for one without backfeed in the electronic shop. Saw some people cutting the positive to the usb connected to the computer. Thus in a way preventing the feed of current to the computer and from the computer to the hub

Unfortunately, seems as not many forum members are interested in doing research (or don't want to publish the results of their research). Seems as most of the members are interested in using the devices only as a black box. I was surprised theese threads (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/656401-Question-and-Request-for-HPL-Orange5-Scripts) aren't more popular. Such topics have only a few views. I opened a new thread in some other electronics forum a few days ago and there was 20 views in just 30 seconds. And the next day there already was a few 100 views.

By cutting the + wire you can't use the USB hub without power supply which is how I am using it most of the time - I am using the power supply only when connecting the devices that need more current and stable voltage.

fuzz1
17th September, 2022, 06:44 PM
Hi

I manage to find two 0.6 ohm resistor. Yep solved the 10 volt problem now go to add one more i guess to get the 12 volts

Test run
--- Test VCC = 3V ---
ADC0 (pin 41) = 3.1 V. OK
--- Test VCC = 5V ---
ADC0 (pin 41) = 5.1 V. OK
--- Test 10/12V ---
Uout = 10V
ADC2 (pin 43) = 10.4 V. OK
ADC3 (pin 44) = 4.5 V. OK
Uout = 12V
ADC2 (terminal 43) = 10.3 V. FAULT.
ADC3 (terminal 44) = 4.4 V. FAULT.
--- Pin test ---
PORTD.1 (pin 6): OK.
PORTE.0 (pin 7): OK.
PORTE.1 (pin 8): OK.
PORTE.2 (pin 9): OK.
PORTE.3 (pin 10): OK.
PORTE.4 (pin 23): OK.
PORTE.5 (pin 24): OK.
PORTE.6 (pin 25): OK.
PORTE.7 (pin 27): OK.
PORTD.6 (pin 5): OK.
PORTB.0 (pin 19): OK.
PORTB.3 (pin 18): OK.
PORTA.5 (pin 2): OK
PORTB.4 (Pin 16): OK
Test completed. Errors: 10

chupocro
18th September, 2022, 03:08 AM
Hi
I manage to find two 0.6 ohm resistor. Yep solved the 10 volt problem now go to add one more i guess to get the 12 volts

No, it won't fix the 12V. Now you have to replace the drive collector resistor (R33 = 391) with 180 Ohm. Take a look at the picture.

The first picture shows the output when running the test script with the factory components, in the 2nd picture Rsc is 0.33 Ohm and in the last picture drive collector resistor is 180 Ohm. That's the one I marked with the question mark in the picture I posted before.

But that won't fix pin test errors. There is something else wrong with you iProg or with the test adapter. Check the diodes on the adapter one more time.

fuzz1
18th September, 2022, 02:00 PM
Hi

Thank you again. I will have a look on the board again. I will check the diodes. Do you think it would be any good filling the missing components? Or is it only for feeding the iprog with a secondary power supply?

chupocro
18th September, 2022, 08:05 PM
Hi,

those missing components are just if you want to use an additional power supply. Pin test should be OK even when 10V/12V is not good. Check diodes on test adapter and solder joints at the adapter which has DB44 connector. Don't use breadboard and/or long wires for the test adapter.

Here is how my test adapter looks like.

fuzz1
25th September, 2022, 08:45 AM
Hi,

first replace two resistors as in the picture main_board_anmated.zip (it's an animated .gif, that's why I had to zip it). The resistor marked with the green dot has to be 4k7 and the other one marked with the blue dot has to be 51k.

Measure the resistance with mulimeter to check if everything is OK. Between green points it shoud be 4k7 and between blue points it should be 61k.

since your 10V and 12V results are exactly the same, that means the current sense resistor Rs (two parallel resistors on the board as I said in the last post) which is used for programming maximum current at the output of MC34063AG DC-DC converter is wrong - the current limit is too low to get more than 6.5 V. You can use this online calculator to calculete Rs:

http://www.nomad.ee/micros/mc34063a/index.shtml

Or just replace the resistors in the powerboard as I showed in this picture:

https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/810280-Can-we-get-a-sticked-IPROG-china-clone-mega-thread?p=4348637&viewfull=1#post4348637

If your board has some other DC-DC converter then look at the datasheet and calculate the value of Rs. If you have MC34063AG Rs should be 0.22 Ohm but it can work with 0.33 Ohm too. If you don't have 0.22 Ohm 0603 resistor just solder three 1 Ohm resistors of any size in parallel to get 0.33 Ohm.

Maybe you will not have to replace the transistors but better if you do.

Then test MBUS/UART/BDM adapter and if you get 5.5V instead of 7.5V replace the Zener diode to get the correct voltage.

And the most important - don't power iProg directly from laptop or PC USB port, use a good powered USB hub which has at least 2A power supply and which has backfeeding protection. You can find the list of all USB hubs with backfeeding protection somewhere on Raspberry Pi Wikipedia.

Hi

Just to confirm I think there is a slight mistake in the animated gif the resistance should be 51 k and not 61 k

chupocro
26th September, 2022, 10:42 PM
Hi

Just to confirm I think there is a slight mistake in the animated gif the resistance should be 51 k and not 61 k

No, there isn't a mistake. The resistor is 51k but the resistance between two blue checkpoints is 61k.

The 51k resistor is in series with 10k resistor and if everything is OK measured resistance should be 61k.

jroure
20th October, 2022, 03:32 AM
someone has the diagram for building the test adapter, thanks!

fuzz1
21st October, 2022, 07:06 AM
someone has the diagram for building the test adapter, thanks!

Hi
Check in the iprog software. Click hint on and you will see the connection for the pins

jroure
21st October, 2022, 10:39 PM
thanks,now these are my results:

Running a test
--- Test VCC = 3V ---
ADC0 (terminal 41) = 3.1 V. OK
--- Test VCC = 5V ---
ADC0 (terminal 41) = 5.3 V. OK
--- Test 10/12V ---
Uvyõ = 10V
ADC2 (terminal 43) = 9.6 V. OK
ADC3 (terminal 44) = 4.1 V.
Uvyõ = 12V
ADC2 (terminal 43) = 9.9 V.
ADC3 (terminal 44) = 4.2 V.
NON-RELATED - RELATEDLY REALLY.
--- Output test ---
PORTD.1 (output 6): OK.
PORTE.0 (output 7): OK.
PORTE.1 (output 8): OK.
PORTE.2 (output 9): OK.
PORTE.3 (output 10): OK.
PORTE.4 (output 23): OK.
PORTE.5 (output 24): OK.
PORTE.6 (output 25): OK.
PORTE.7 (output 27): OK.
PORTD.6 (output 5): OK.
PORTA.0 (output 20): OK.
PORTA.1 (output 21): OK.
PORTA.2 (output 22): OK.
PORTB.0 (output 19): OK.
PORTB.3 (output 18): OK.
PORTA.5 (Output 2): OK
PORTA.6 (output 17): ok
PORTA.7 (output 1): ok
PORTB.4 (output 16): OK
PORTB.6 (output 4): OK
PORTB.5 (output 3): OK
The test is completed. Error: 4

i replace everything that is discused in forum except R33(must change 390Ω to 180Ω) and change the mosfets to AO3401, because the items not arrived yet.

looks good or i am missing something?

chupocro
22nd October, 2022, 02:32 AM
Changing 390 Ohm to 180 Ohm will probably solve the problem.

fuzz1
22nd October, 2022, 03:12 AM
Hi

How did you setup the iprog for the full test. I bought a veroboard to try mine again.

Try with two 390 ohm resistors in parallel. Will give around same result

jroure
23rd October, 2022, 10:45 PM
Hi

How did you setup the iprog for the full test. I bought a veroboard to try mine again.

Try with two 390 ohm resistors in parallel. Will give around same result

very dirty setup, i use the pinout adapter and connect everything with cables; now i am working in a pcb for fulltest

mandjeadolphe
26th November, 2022, 08:48 AM
pour moi j ai changer une diode pour que sa soit reparer

fuzz1
26th November, 2022, 07:25 PM
ppour moi j ai changer une diode our que sa soit rearer

Please use only English on the forum.

linas8
21st January, 2023, 06:50 PM
Correct pinout for China Iprog reflash?

https://postimg.cc/LJdWWXww

mil912
13th March, 2023, 12:57 AM
Hi i'm new to the forum
i'm looking for solution to the error my iprog.
having log like this:

Test run
--- Test VCC = 3V ---
ADC0 (terminal 41) = 0.0 V. FAULT.
--- Test VCC = 5V ---
ADC0 (terminal 41) = 0.0 V. FAULT.
--- Test 10/12V ---
Uout = 10V
ADC2 (terminal 43) = 0.0 V. FAULT.
ADC3 (terminal 44) = 0.0 V. FAULT.
Uout = 12V
ADC2 (terminal 43) = 0.0 V. FAULT.
ADC3 (terminal 44) = 0.0 V. FAULT.
--- Pin test ---
PORTD.1 (Pin 6): FAULT
PORTE.0 (pin 7): FAULT
PORTE.1 (Pin 8): FAULT
PORTE.2 (pin 9): FAULT
PORTE.3 (pin 10): FAULT
PORTE.4 (pin 23): FAULT
PORTE.5 (pin 24): FAULT
PORTE.6 (pin 25): FAULT
PORTE.7 (Pin 27): FAULT
PORTD.6 (pin 5): FAULT
PORTB.0 (pin 19): FAULT.
PORTB.3 (pin 18): FAULT.
PORTA.5 (pin 2): FAULT.
PORTB.4 (Pin 16): FAULT
Test completed. Errors: 28

chinese iprog.
Someone help ?

fuzz1
13th March, 2023, 02:54 AM
Hi
Did you connect an external power supply?

Nothing seems to work on yours.
Post photos of your boards

mil912
13th March, 2023, 01:05 PM
Moje deski.wydaje się, że brakuje im czegoś, czego
nie podłączyłem do zewnętrznego zasilania

fuzz1
13th March, 2023, 05:18 PM
Hi try to remove the diode i circled and check again 948766

Also check the lm317 to see if they are good.

mil912
14th March, 2023, 09:59 PM
Sorry this is my power board.I didn't upload that photo
diode removed d3
what voltages must the lm317 have?
one lm317 is missing