PDA

View Full Version : My (I want ) and soon would do ....

PremierD
7th January, 2010, 07:47 PM
Bosch ABS controller.... I need to Read it ...lol

(1) Is it Readable ...
(2) what Memory if it is ..
(3) How the fcuk do I do it ...

As Always loads of thanks in advance .for Any pointers

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2396/dscf4095.th.jpg (http://img31.imageshack.us/i/dscf4095.jpg/)

Meat-Head
7th January, 2010, 07:58 PM
all can say is

1) well done for been a T.P.W. (Thouasnd Post Wounder) - wounder how you managed it.

2) Not sure excatly what car it's off, but for a MAXIMUN of 30 seconds
so you don't get hooked, have a TINY scoot round some BMW forums, the reason being is heard through the grape vine, you can do 'evrything' with them, just TINY possability, you could read as BMW?

PremierD
7th January, 2010, 08:04 PM
all can say is

1) well done for been a T.P.W. (Thouasnd Post Wounder) - wounder how you managed it.

2) Not sure excatly what car it's off, but for a MAXIMUN of 30 seconds
so you don't get hooked, have a TINY scoot round some BMW forums, the reason being is heard through the grape vine, you can do 'evrything' with them, just TINY possability, you could read as BMW?

Thank-you Fellow Grandee......lol..

It's from a Disco... And needs to be configured to go onto a new RRsport...Fcucker is to mean to buy a New one ... But at 600 squids .. I can see his point...( but he may still have too)lol

PS you mean there are OTHER FORUMS .....

racin-snake
7th January, 2010, 08:05 PM
you may be able to read most controller info with ids depending on age
but a second hand abs unit should be dooable if theyre the same nos and same outputs
ie digital or analogue sensors ect
but the nos on the unit are the first hurdle

PremierD
7th January, 2010, 08:25 PM
As I said mate it's from a Discovery 3....Friend is building RR Sport ... Everything is fine and dandy but the ABS light will not go out Along with traction control ect..... Problem Is this controller ... Everyone at Landrover has tried to reconfigure it ... But cannot ... Garage with Autologic Landrover stuff... (a whole lot better than T4) said they could ... got all sorts of new flashes .. still no use ... I assume its down to the fact that The Vin number ..or the Part numbers don't match...So pull the thing to bits .... And read it ...I have seen something similar on here ... Think it was a 24c16... Showed connection points ... but i can't find it ....

Meat-Head
7th January, 2010, 08:34 PM
the fact that The Vin number ..or the Part numbers don't match.......

PS you mean there are OTHER FORUMS .....

Yeah other forums, not as good as this one, but simular in design, except you have to show your left nipple each time you log on and every sodding file HAS to be passworded, the guy who runs it has even had to join here, because DK is so much better, you only get banned on here if you are naughy, you get banned on other sire for no reason.

Think the user on here is called something like "DK-is-better-than-my forum" or something

Can the other people change the vin number in the other controllers to match. Again see if you can pin out the obd socket and pin out an bmw and see if you can screw it up even more with bmw gear (ebay!)

PremierD
7th January, 2010, 08:48 PM
you may be able to read most controller info with ids depending on age
but a second hand abs unit should be dooable if theyre the same nos and same outputs
ie digital or analogue sensors ect
but the nos on the unit are the first hurdle

Thanks mate ..but its had IDS .. Autologic .. on it ... I think the prob is ... The external numbers are wrong ... so the internal ones will be as well .. which is stopping the various Diag machines from configuring it ... If it is possible to read ..then its change the numbers ... and fool the machines ...Easy if you say it quick...

nutloose
7th January, 2010, 09:44 PM
it might not be much use but I have fitted a pre-owned ABS/TC controller only onto a Jag. I just told it that it was a replacement module and IDS configured it OK. The numbers were right though.

estate
7th January, 2010, 10:25 PM
seeing as the numbers are wrong ( internal and external ) i doubt you'll reconfigure or virginise it?

PremierD
8th January, 2010, 12:25 AM
seeing as the numbers are wrong ( internal and external ) i doubt you'll reconfigure or virginise it?

External ones you can change with a felt tip pen mate ....If I can read it .... I can Change it .....Coz the Ecu cant see the ones written on it ...:)

Jose19
8th January, 2010, 12:36 AM
External ones you can change with a felt tip pen mate ....If I can read it .... I can Change it .....Coz the Ecu cant see the ones written on it ...:)
Lol...
Use my advice, :viking:

Jose

PremierD
8th January, 2010, 12:44 AM
Lol...
Use my advice, :viking:

Jose

I did mate .... I used a Dremil to cut it open .....:viking:

cammy25
8th January, 2010, 09:09 AM
Hi m8

Hybrid ABS unit are impossible to read external (with soldering wires etc).
The only reason I open those things ,is for soldering new wires for broken lines from ABS wheel sensors.
I dont know if there is a tool to download eeprom through Diag for Land Rover.
With Star you can download eeprom of SBC and With BMW scanner eeprom of BMW ASC/DSC.
To examine communication protocol for developing a tool for just 1 module is not a solution too.
sorry mate, but no known solution for now :sheep:.

PremierD
8th January, 2010, 09:24 AM
Hi m8

Hybrid ABS unit are impossible to read external (with soldering wires etc).
The only reason I open those things ,is for soldering new wires for broken lines from ABS wheel sensors.
I dont know if there is a tool to download eeprom through Diag for Land Rover.
With Star you can download eeprom of SBC and With BMW scanner eeprom of BMW ASC/DSC.
To examine communication protocol for developing a tool for just 1 module is not a solution too.
sorry mate, but no known solution for now :sheep:.

Thanks mate .. A definitive answer is what I wanted ... it's the bin then (he can just buy the correct one for the vehicle )

electromech
10th January, 2010, 10:25 PM
Ok I am a newbie but I do know a little bit
about Land Rover an If you can give the vin no of the sport and the part no of the replacement abs ecu I could possibly help...........I hope at least

PremierD
10th January, 2010, 10:37 PM
Ok I am a newbie but I do know a little bit
about Land Rover an If you can give the vin no of the sport and the part no of the replacement abs ecu I could possibly help...........I hope at least

Thankyou mate .... But it is being built....and does not yet have a Vin number .....And at the moment I do not know the part number ....When I have it ... will let you know ....

Meat-Head
10th January, 2010, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=PremierD;406722] But it is being built....and does not yet have a Vin number ....QUOTE]

That's an opertunity not to be wasted for a vin number ask for

"DIGITAL-KAOS.CO.UK/FORUMS"