PDA

View Full Version : Edc16c9

Allecsxx
21st February, 2020, 08:45 AM
Hi

Got a broken in a car crash edc16c9 , the pcb is bended and will not read with any bdm.

Bought a 2nd one same hardware and my plan is to take eeprom and am29bl802cb chips from broken one and put them on the new one. Can t swap mpc556 as needs reballing and would be a high risk to do it.

Now wondering... will this make 2nd ecu fully compatible with the car or shall i expect some troubles?

Thanks all...

flag
21st February, 2020, 09:10 AM
if can't read original ecu and second ecu is same hw numbers, then do ecu virgin and start the car, which model of the car?

Allecsxx
21st February, 2020, 09:17 AM
I removed eeprom from broken one and i have dump file aswell.. the new ecu can be read with ktag so wondering if I reprogram it with eeprom dump from broken one will be ok?

Car is opel astra H

Allecsxx
21st February, 2020, 09:19 AM
I can t get mpc556 chip to be read from broken one so wondering if there is any critical info in there that is needed in the new ecu...

figani
21st February, 2020, 10:44 AM
I can t get mpc556 chip to be read from broken one so wondering if there is any critical info in there that is needed in the new ecu...

if your tool has option for read mpc, then there could also be different data which is needed for cloning...
of find same HW/SW no donor ecu, then you have chances that the data is same...

Allecsxx
21st February, 2020, 12:17 PM
I ve got exactly same hardware but don t know about sw as i can t read

Allecsxx
21st February, 2020, 12:18 PM
New ecu was for same engine as broken one