PDA

View Full Version : My baby... A honda civic 2 door D16b2

eepromdom
22nd February, 2020, 04:53 PM
So I had a mechanic change the water pump(minor leak) on my original b16 engine and the ~~~~nut forgot hodas turn the opposite direction... So he ~~~~ed up the crank.. Long story short I ended up getting a practically brand new import d16b2 engine with the plastic manifold from china.. I have put the aluminium manifold on from the b16. This engine was spotless. Original cambelt (with chalk marks) and oil filter(honda factory.. ) damn... Even the oil was golden... I installed it ... So its a 1.6 single cam 16valve non vtec stock... What do I do for a turbo conversion... Im not keen on plugins and piggyback systems like hondata or ostrich wich lie to the processor to handle the turbo... I was thinking of a copper gasket to lower compression, and boosting only .5 bar... But.... I do alot of remapping(Denshigken ecus are a bitch tho) has anyone done a conversion like this with amazing results? I hear if you port and flow the head(in and outtake) and add larger cc. injectors its possible to remap the ecu to get up to 470 horses! (Retaining springs replaced with proper high performance springs obviously)and run the turbo with more boost... Any ideas guys? Its my old drag car... But my son is gonna be driving soon I wanna surorise him with a beautiful classic...(its a 2001 model) many Thanks and blessings guys. In 2021 its a classic jap sportscar... How would you go about doing the conversion?