PDA

View Full Version : Help ori/tuned bmw 320d EDC16 file differences

cosworth89
27th February, 2020, 06:10 PM
hi guys, i have a ori file off a friends 2007 bmw 320D. i have access to a database with ori and stage1 tuned files, i went to upload the correct tuned file for his car (same sw/hw numbers) but i noticed that the ori file i took from his ecu was 2048kb where as the one from the database was 1084kb and kess would not write the file?

i was told that some of the files are part reads and need to be copied to the ori file but i have not had to do this before!?

anyone have any info or experience with this issue please as im at a loss...

Many thanks :)

attatched the ori and the tuned file....

Dee89
28th February, 2020, 09:02 AM
Forget this database file, my advice is learn to do your own files or get a good one from a pro and study it.
i wouldnt consider to take time to copy these values. Here are enough people that can offer you a way more better file :).

dehacko
28th February, 2020, 09:56 AM
bmw 320 D it probably has edc16... 2048kb

The mod file you want to upload must have an exact value kb 2048kb

cosworth89
28th February, 2020, 12:22 PM
Yes i understand that the file size must be 2048kb i was just trying to figure out what part it was missing, i tried doing a comparison in winols but it couldnt find any differences between the ori and mod :/ with exception of the checksums needed correcting....

i was just asking if anyone would care to explain what/where/how to make the changes in winols as im stuck :/

Dee89
28th February, 2020, 01:27 PM
Choose View, then choose reference Version and adjust Offset, Little hint from me, -10000 .

cosworth89
28th February, 2020, 03:35 PM
ive just done that, the begining of the ori to the mod is totally different but it still doesnt recognise any changes in comparing files :/ i just want to be able to put the file on the car its starting to annoy me now lol