PDA

View Full Version : problems getting new freesat card

sidley
8th January, 2010, 12:05 PM
Hi,
i am new to all this but hope i can get some help. I live in france and have a freesat card that is due to be replaced with the new white cards. My mate organised the last card at his address and has tried and tried to get the new card for me but he is told that my box will not be able to work with the new card as it is out of date and the epg software is also out of date. I have checked and the epg is the latest version and this has been pointed out to sky but sky insist the box is no good and just want to sell my mate a new one which we obviously cant do so we are stuffed at the mo. The biggest problem is the fact that we live in the middle of no-where and you really need a tv. Can anyone please help:manuscarf:

GastonJ
8th January, 2010, 06:41 PM
You obviously mean freesat from sly, rather than freesat? You don't mention any make/model number of your receiver, which would be most helpful. I have 2 sly boxes, one of them probably one of the first ones made, and it uses a free card (free being ?20 ?) anyway, I don't have to upgrade that at all.

I take it you have tried the card, and the magic message that comes back is?

Cheers

sidley
8th January, 2010, 06:59 PM
yes your right its sky im on about. The box i have is an amstrad, dont know what model. I have the message coming up saying i need to replace card to maintain full viewing but as i said cant get the new card.

GastonJ
8th January, 2010, 07:32 PM
Ahh I see. Well someone isn't quite truth telling there at Sly. When I got a free card from 'em, the contract (yeah pay and contract for free, only in the UK huh?) said that they would supply me with a new card if they changed cards within 3 years. They changed cards, they sent me a new one. I did get a number to call though to get the new one. This I rang, and lo and behold my new card arrived, no argument.

Therefore, regardless of whether Sly think your receiver is junk, which it isn't, they have to send you a new card. I take it someone with a UK address (who is the registered owner of your blue card) rang them and insisted that they supply a new card? If not ask 'em to do so and insist on the card regardless of receiver.

For info my blue card is still busy working away in my Topfield, yay for me. Now if only I could find my blue subscription card I'd be much happier with that sat in my Topfield.

dimpz
17th January, 2010, 10:57 AM
i have problem with my the super box viewer. i can view only free channels. looking for right firmware.