PDA

View Full Version : Starview 4 broadband connection

lamby
25th September, 2008, 05:58 PM
I am looking at buying a starview 4 box but need advice first if I can. I have a 20Mb broadband cable connection from VM and I have been informed that I can just connect the coaxe cable to the starview box and when configured correctly I should be able to get all the TV channels. Is this correct or do I have to subscribe to the TV package first ( which I am looking into but not decided on which yet ). I picked the Starview because it looks like it would be easy to keep updated ( USB ) and I aslo use a media Hard drive plugged into my TV to watch AVI DIX programs. Any advice would be grateful. Thanks

satsmo
25th September, 2008, 09:07 PM
VM BB will do just use a good quality splitter.

lamby
25th September, 2008, 10:14 PM
Hi Satsmo
Thanks for the reply looks like I will give the starview a go.

lamby
7th October, 2008, 12:43 PM
Hi me again just thought I would give some feedback that may help people with there Starview 4 USB cable box.

1. The Starview arrived and I plug in the cable and TV switched on and got freeview.
2. Downloaded the firmware ( 1.01 and 1.02 ) put it on my USB stick and connected to back of box.
3. Followed the install instructions and worked a treate. I used 1.01 by the way.

I used a cable splitter to feed my modem and input to a TV booster for my TV's. Connected my external ariel and the VM cable into a Y splitter then into my TV amp. Plugged the TV ariel from the TV into the Cable box then TV. The signal is not grate but I seem to get all thenchannels.

I am supposed to get Sky 1 and 2 ?, I do get all the Sky sports.

P.S. I have seen that the new firmware is in test.
Hope this helps someone out. But please remember I an VERY new to this.

satsmo
7th October, 2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback. In the UK you will not receive Sly 1, 2, news etc on cable.

undercoverjamil
9th April, 2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the feedback. In the UK you will not receive Sly 1, 2, news etc on cable.

is there any way u can get sky 1 and 2 on starview 4 because that is the only reason i bought the box

Krypton
9th April, 2009, 10:53 AM
you couldnt when satsmo posted above, as virgin and sky had a spat.
you can now and a scan should pick them up. try scanning without any splitters