PDA

View Full Version : Checksum problem after reading EDC16CP35 BMW X5 E70

daten
2nd March, 2020, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone
I am having a confusion with the checksum of an EDC16CP35 BMW X5 ECU. I have two reading kess and mpps I am checking with winols the checksum and I have errors. Previously I have readings with the same tools plus cars with the same ecu and I have never had a checksum problem.
Anyone have an explanation of this problem?
It will be a problem with tuning tools or the previous software was manipulated.

Thanks

Johnsy1998
2nd March, 2020, 11:27 PM
Checksms corrected.

daten
2nd March, 2020, 11:55 PM
Checksms corrected.

Thanks for answering. I have the same file corrected with winols. In theory, when you rewrite the file, the tuning tool software should automatically correct the checksum. My question is whether the tool has read the map of the ECU badly write the same map? I have read that in similar cases after correcting the checksum with winols the car does not start.

Pepesoft
3rd March, 2020, 03:53 AM
Had similar problem with one audi. It was already mapped (egr off) with old cmd.
Got chekcsum error on kess and even ktag. Could`t write new modified back, only "ori" what i readed.
Solved with Galletto on bench, it made checksum correction and after writing ori back with galletto i could read and write with kess my modified file.
It has something to do with alientech tool don`t want to write some other brand tool made files.

daten
3rd March, 2020, 09:16 AM
Had similar problem with one audi. It was already mapped (egr off) with old cmd.
Got chekcsum error on kess and even ktag. Could`t write new modified back, only "ori" what i readed.
Solved with Galletto on bench, it made checksum correction and after writing ori back with galletto i could read and write with kess my modified file.
It has something to do with alientech tool don`t want to write some other brand tool made files.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Best regards