PDA

View Full Version : pc problem

sueskeff
25th September, 2008, 08:51 PM
hi everyone got a pc but it wont pick up any monitor dont no what i should do as i am only a beginner with pc any help appreciated. thanks

caveman_nige
26th September, 2008, 02:44 PM
have you got a spare monitor you can use, or can you borrow one from somewhere. Also check that you have connected the monitor to the PC via a VGA or DVI cable, be sure to set the monitor to receive either VGA or DVI signal relavent to your cable etc.

Also check that if you have a video/display adapter/card added to the PC it might still have a video output on the mainboard, connect the the other output if you have it as the bios might be set up for that other one.

If no luck, let us know what PC you have and what monitor you have..

Could just be a case of the video card being ~~~~ed or even the monitor...

kenmonu
27th September, 2008, 11:06 AM
hi everyone got a pc but it wont pick up any monitor dont no what i should do as i am only a beginner with pc any help appreciated. thanks

hi sueskeff, had this problem lately and found that the power supply was faulty, computer started up as normal but would not start up the monitor, changed the power supply and problem sorted. i am not saying its your problem but if you have tried all the usual,eg monitor leads graphics card etc, it might be worth looking at.

pollen
27th September, 2008, 11:39 AM
Fwiw I recently had a similar prob after moving my box - turned out that the graphics card wasn't seated properly in its slot and had come loose (no screw to hold it...). Open the box up and look for the card at a right angle to the motherboard, usually below the processor, heatsink, fan etc. and gently push down on the top edge to ensure all is well. And find a screw to secure it if one is missing!

kfrank85
4th December, 2008, 01:23 AM
May not be the problem but if I boot my PC before th monitor is ON, I have to reboot the PC for the monitor to see the signal.. Good luck!

kfrank85
4th December, 2008, 01:25 AM
ALSO !!

If you are more specific in your title, you may get more responses.

Almost skipped this one . :> - Cheers.