PDA

View Full Version : Renault Clio UCH N2 swap eeprom

tepSIJA
9th March, 2020, 12:44 AM
Hello DK people.
I need help because what I ask has never been done.

The customer has a Renault clio 2 with BSI UCH N2 that creates problems, starting from the ignition to the wipers and signal indicators.

I got the same BSI with the UCH N2 label, tried to start the car but it didn't work as well as I expected.
The question is whether it is enough to transfer only eeprom from the old (damaged) which I marked in the picture with a yellow circle on new BSI.

Note that I currently do not have any programmer with which to download data from eeprom.

I'm only able to desolder and solder it back on new bsi.

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english , it is not my primary languale.

kiszka
9th March, 2020, 01:56 AM
Hello DK people.

The customer has a Renault clio 2 with BSI UCH N2 that creates problems, starting from the ignition to the wipers and signal indicators.

I got the same BSI with the UCH N2 label, tried to start the car but it didn't work as well as I expected.
The question is whether it is enough to transfer only eeprom from the old (damaged) which I marked in the picture with a yellow circle on new BSI.

Note that I currently do not have any programmer with which to download data from eeprom.

if you have something to backup, don't even start
you need to recover the original pin from cars
look at my signature

speedy100
9th March, 2020, 02:14 AM
Hello DK people.

Hello,
kiszka (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/69387-kiszka) is wright about bucking up first but if You have no way of doing it then go ahead and swap original EEPROM to the new (used) UCH.
Before You do that though make sure that both original and new boards are physically EXACTLY the same. That means they have the same exactly components at the exact same positions on the board.

Good luck :)

tepSIJA
9th March, 2020, 08:43 AM
I remember I have carprog clone in my workshops, is it possible to read 93c66 with carprog and make dump with him.
I have all Adapter of carprog.

KISZKA, speedy100, thank you on answer . In other word you say that I Only need to do eeprom job for success of this job?

Thx

rafal
9th March, 2020, 09:00 AM
always is the best to make backup................
but in your situation just swap eeprom is enough

Louislesinge
9th March, 2020, 09:13 AM
Hi all,
Only thing i want to ad is maybe after swap UCH won't work correctly (remote, red light on dash etc). In case try to full disconnect it one more time and if it's all the same you'll need to connect CLIP and do all coding again but not keys learning of course.
Greetings,

4i4o
9th March, 2020, 09:33 AM
I had same issue about a year ago.Wipers not stop,indicators works sometimes.Bought second hand UCH same year and options,just swap 93c66 and works fine.

kiszka
9th March, 2020, 10:54 AM
Hello,
kiszka (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/69387-kiszka) is wright about bucking up first but if You have no way of doing it then go ahead and swap original EEPROM to the new (used) UCH.
Before You do that though make sure that both original and new boards are physically EXACTLY the same. That means they have the same exactly components at the exact same positions on the board.

Good luck :)
life will teach you how to backup

volorucinski
9th March, 2020, 12:59 PM
If is a 93c66, swap it and will be ok. Precaution to save the dump before... Upa, miniproo, xprog, carprog, use it to back up first...

kiszka
9th March, 2020, 01:20 PM
If is a 93c66, swap it and will be ok. Precaution to save the dump before... Upa, miniproo, xprog, carprog, use it to back up first...
you never know exactly what will happen

volorucinski
9th March, 2020, 01:37 PM
Yep. I have my example wiith swapping ann eep. Logan keys... That remote trash never opened again the car... Bad experience. So, i agree with kiszka

tepSIJA
13th March, 2020, 02:36 PM
I been in big rush. But if anyone search for this thread i want to informe that I made success.
I am only swap eeprom and car start fine , also everything other works ok.
After I desolder eeprom i made backup reading with Carprog 8.21 clone and clip adapter.

Best regards and thx to help

volorucinski
13th March, 2020, 03:10 PM
We're thanking you for this reply.

tepSIJA
13th March, 2020, 09:52 PM
We're thanking you for this reply.
We are here to help each other.

Andr33iy98
14th January, 2022, 12:30 AM
Can I virginized a N1 Uch and write N2 old Uch dump over it ? Car will start ?

Andr33iy98
14th January, 2022, 01:38 AM

drz
14th January, 2022, 04:26 PM

Making virgin and rewriting eeprom after will result the same as you rewrite eeprom. Never did that but I think that the car will start. Why don't you try and let us know what happenned.

fuzz1
15th January, 2022, 10:48 AM
I been in big rush. But if anyone search for this thread i want to informe that I made success.
I am only swap eeprom and car start fine , also everything other works ok.
After I desolder eeprom i made backup reading with Carprog 8.21 clone and clip adapter.

Best regards and thx to help

Hi
Wanted to know if you found any physical damage on the uch. Anyone managed to repair one with Similar faults?