PDA

View Full Version : NOOB why are some tuned files smaller than ori reads?

cosworth89
9th March, 2020, 06:23 PM
hi guys, noob at winols and ecm, have been using kess v2 to upload pro tuned files to my vehicles and friends cars etc but i have got access to a database with ori and MOD stage 1 - 3 files with full hw/sw numbers attatched. my question is why are some mod files not the correct size of my ori read file? i spoke to a profesional tuner who told me they are possibly part reads of the ecu and to use them i must copy the map differences onto an ori file that i have. Is this correct? if so how is it done? i have basic winols and ecm titanium but i am by no means a pro with these bits of software....

any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

teerak2uk
9th March, 2020, 07:19 PM
Because some of the files in the dB your on about are dimsport files

cosworth89
9th March, 2020, 08:36 PM
would you be able to tell if i uploaded a file for comparison? if that is the case how can i put it on to a vehicle via kess or is it not possible without a dimsport tool? Regards

cosworth89
9th March, 2020, 08:40 PM
These are the ori and stage 1 mod files, both are the exact same sw/hw numbers but size is completely different :/

Lambda1
9th March, 2020, 09:19 PM
partial ..... eBay CD Grap.

cosworth89
9th March, 2020, 09:24 PM
partial ..... eBay CD Grap.
no not ebay crap, its a database that i have at my disposal

Lambda1
9th March, 2020, 10:07 PM
Than database use ebay crap :d

cosworth89
9th March, 2020, 10:34 PM
Than database use ebay crap :d
so there is no way to use these part reads?

Lambda1
9th March, 2020, 10:56 PM
mate... learn how to tune files. Absoluty bad idea to copy and past any files ... and worest idea if you dont know what you do.