PDA

View Full Version : Kia Venga bluetooth microphone installation

tadasg88
11th March, 2020, 03:36 PM
Hi folks,

I have recently purchased a standard second hand Kia Venga headunit (see photo attached) from ebay and with help from the good people on this forum was able to security unlock it. Now I can enjoy the endless possibilities of bluetooth in my car. The problem I have is that since my previous headunit had no bluetooth, there's also no microphone installed in the car which makes phonecalls using bluetooth not possible. I can purchase a second hand original microphone from ebay but I'm unsure if I would be able to connect it. The pinout diagram of the headunit states (see photo attached) that the connector C1 is used for microphone so I thought I'll just search for the neccessary wiring and connect the microphone straight to the C1 section of the harness. The problem is that there's already two wires connected to C1 section of the harness (where microphone should be connected) but as I mentioned before, my car doesn't have a factory fitted microphone. Has anyone have any idea what might be connected there and maybe there's a possibility that if I traced the two wires to their other end I would find find some sort of factory fitted connection for potential microphone installation? Or maybe it's possible to connect the microphone straight to one of the missing slots on the C1 connector? I have also attached some photos of the actual harness connector where you can clearly see the wires and the back of the headunit where the connector goes in.
Thank you very much for your opinions.

Kind regards,
Tadas