PDA

View Full Version : World's largest 3D TV unveiled at 152 inches -

gmb45
9th January, 2010, 05:10 AM
but you may struggle to watch it in your lounge

The world's largest plasma TV has been unveiled by Panasonic, although it is unlikely the high definition set will fit in anything less than a mansion.

The 152in 3D TV has a screen equivalent to nine 50in panels. For optimum viewing you would need to be seated between 25ft and 38ft away, according to industry experts.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/08/article-1241580-07C7DE5B000005DC-755_634x389.jpg A Panasonic employees unveils the prototype model of the world's largest 152-inch sized plasma display panel
It has an impressive screen resolution of 4,096 x 2,160 pixels, which is such high definition that viewers shouldn't see any difference between looking at the display and out a window.
The set dwarfed the electronics company's president Fumio Ohtsubo as he showed off the product at Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

Coach potatoes thinking of buying such a monster should consider it is likely to have a hefty price tag running in the thousands.
Plus those in California should consider that Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has given his backing to banning sets more than 40 inches wide because they use so much energy.
Experts say the ban will reduce the state's rocketing electricity bill by ?5billion over the next decade.

Enlarge http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/08/article-1241580-07CABBAD000005DC-698_306x423.jpg (http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/08/article-1241580-07CABBAD000005DC-698_306x423_popup.jpg) 3D revolution: The Samsung C-9000 HD 3D television is only 0.3inches thick. It was showed off at the CES in Las Vegas

A spokesman from Panasonic said engineers had worked to cut energy consumption on the device.

It harnesses 'super-efficient quadruple luminance efficiency technology', which brings plasma pictures to full brightness in about a quarter of the time.
This is ideal for rapid 3D displays because the set can refresh pictures a frame at a time instead of a line at a time. This reduces cross-talk - a distortion common to 3D TVs.
'Because displaying 3D images involves alternate displays of left and right-eye images, reducing the overlap (cross-talk) between these images is essential for high-quality 3D images,' the spokesman said.
Three dimensional televisions are expected to take-off this year with 3D Hollywood films such as Up and Avatar leading the charge.
Manufacturers including Sony, LG and Panasonic are showcasing their latest hi-tech sets, many of which will have the internet telephony service Skype built in.

This will allow users to video chat with friends and family all over the world through their sets.

One ultra-sophisticated Samsung 3D TV is only 0.3inches thick - the same thickness as a pencil.
The thinness is achieved by placing much of the technology in the brushed aluminium stand, which also doubles as a wall mount.

Major broadcasters including Sony in partnership with Disney and Imax and DirectTV are expected to unveil the first 3D channels this week. Sky and sports channel ESPN have already announced plans to launch 3D networks this year.

^^TommyTee
9th January, 2010, 06:32 PM
thats one nice tv