PDA

View Full Version : ECU Remap Questions

BadeaCristian
16th March, 2020, 09:06 PM
Hello there,

I'm new on the chiptuning part and i got some question.
I bought an MPPS V18 interface and i want to understand if i can use a tunned software for multiple ECU's without impact the IMMO data.
For example if i got a EDC16 modified file and i want to use this file to another car who has the same ECU as the one witch was tuned.

Is is working to write this file to another care without any issue?

Thanks!

morgano
16th March, 2020, 09:26 PM
Maybe yes, maybe not.

Regarding your sample ecu edc16 if it is with exact HW and SW numbers yes, it will work.

For other kind of ecus is possible you face some problems by try to reuse files from other car.

BadeaCristian
16th March, 2020, 09:50 PM
Maybe yes, maybe not.

Regarding your sample ecu edc16 if it is with exact HW and SW numbers yes, it will work.

For other kind of ecus is possible you face some problems by try to reuse files from other car.

and what is the best approach to copy the tunning from one software to another one if the HW and SW is not the same?

morgano
16th March, 2020, 10:06 PM
and what is the best approach to copy the tunning from one software to another one if the HW and SW is not the same?

Learn to tune the original file by yourseld and forget about copy paste work.

Monkey see monkey do in this job only brings problems.

Jacopo89
16th March, 2020, 11:03 PM
mpps doesn't work well, problem a lot of time, the best way (if you won't to know to learn chi tuning) you can open the tuned file, export and save the increment; then open the original file and load the increment previous saved, this is the safest way even you have the different software number !