PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Tools Advice and Opinions

moto111
17th March, 2020, 10:54 AM
Hi Guys I am looking for some advice which I know some of you will be reluctant to give as this is your bread and butter, I use to have a Superchip franchise back in the day so I am not a newbie getting into the game, I was hoping some of you could give me advice if I want to get back at this to what tools are the ones to have and the ones to avoid plus where to purchase files etc etc, You can PM me if you so wish,

Appreciate your time and stay safe out there

Thanks

peechie
17th March, 2020, 11:09 AM
Hi Moto111

It totally depends on what you want to do, some of us have genuine tools and clone tools. I personally like Kess V2 for OBD remapping and K-TAG for bench flashing. This is all subjective of course.

Kess V2 is very good and not many issues, automatically checksums files. K-TAG also corrects checksums when writing, I wouldn't buy any bulk files that are generic. Find a file service or a personal mapper or you can upload the files on here and I'm sure one of us will be glad to modify to your needs.

Just remember the basics, if writing via OBD make sure to keep 14v on battery and if you are writing via bench find a good Bench Power Supply. Some ECUs will be fine with just 12v however some Siemens needs 14v with 4amps.

Also make a back up just incase anything goes wrong.

Best of luck

moto111
17th March, 2020, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up Peechie