PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Audi A3 1.9 pd 105 hp

davorsule
22nd March, 2020, 08:06 AM
Hello,

this engine flash memory software is runnning on EDC16U1- manages the work of Audi A3 1.9 TDI PD 77 kW (105 hp) engine.

How to make a good software file that will give maximum output, how to tune it? Has someone tried on this engine?

Also I have tuned file about 135-145 hp, but I want more if it's possibile with small amount of smoke.

thanks for your help

davorsule
22nd March, 2020, 08:16 AM
Here is OLS file, you can see how I tuned to about 140 hp this engine.

Can you check if I made mistakes and what should do to put more power?

rafisoltys
22nd March, 2020, 09:20 AM
145 HP is really good for this engine.
It's not possible to increase power endless becouse physics is a limit.

When you increase target boost you increase inlet air temperature which decrease density of fresh air in effect less mass of air is distributed to combustion chamber.
The second limit is performance of injection system (PD in this case) which dont allow to get more fuel.

You ALWAYS must have it in you MIND when prepare any tuning. Check turbocharger pressure charecteristic, heat disipation of car intercooler and dont forget about to compare it with maximum injection quantity of PD.

If you set the correct parameters in your file, you need to check if they are achieved by the components. Make dynamic logs and share them with us.

naskochipa
22nd March, 2020, 09:37 AM
i can pm :)

davorsule
22nd March, 2020, 09:39 AM
OK
I will make dynamic logs of rpm, IQ, MAF, MAP, IAT...

davorsule
22nd March, 2020, 09:44 AM
145 HP is really good for this engine.
It's not possible to increase power endless becouse physics is a limit.

When you increase target boost you increase inlet air temperature which decrease density of fresh air in effect less mass of air is distributed to combustion chamber.
The second limit is performance of injection system (PD in this case) which dont allow to get more fuel.

You ALWAYS must have it in you MIND when prepare any tuning. Check turbocharger pressure charecteristic, heat disipation of car intercooler and dont forget about to compare it with maximum injection quantity of PD.

If you set the correct parameters in your file, you need to check if they are achieved by the components. Make dynamic logs and share them with us.

How to compare it with maximum injection quantity?
thank you

Meat-Head
22nd March, 2020, 09:49 AM
i can pm :)

Well make sure you dont ask member to cross your palm with silver

rafisoltys
22nd March, 2020, 09:55 AM
In most case max injection quantity is a value which you discover by experience.
When you increse Duration angle and there is no more smoke - that you may be sure the max IQ is reached.

You may save this value with no of PD unit and create your own database.

Dont forget it may be some diference between unit by unit depending of wear camshaft etc

naskochipa
22nd March, 2020, 10:05 AM
Well make sure you dont ask member to cross your palm with silver

I didn't understand what you mean, I told the person to contact me for a Danfile file, if there is a need, what do you mean?

davorsule
22nd March, 2020, 10:20 AM
In most case max injection quantity is a value which you discover by experience.
When you increse Duration angle and there is no more smoke - that you may be sure the max IQ is reached.

You may save this value with no of PD unit and create your own database.

Dont forget it may be some diference between unit by unit depending of wear camshaft etc

I see.
IQ can't be measuered, I can only see what is ECU doing (IQ value, duration value....

rafisoltys
22nd March, 2020, 10:43 AM
I see.
IQ can't be measuered, I can only see what is ECU doing (IQ value, duration value....

It may be tested only on Test Bench. But this value is specific for injectors type.

davorsule
22nd March, 2020, 10:48 AM
It may be tested only on Test Bench. But this value is specific for injectors type.

where can I find this specific value of iq?

Meat-Head
22nd March, 2020, 10:59 AM
I didn't understand what you mean, I told the person to contact me for a Danfile file, if there is a need, what do you mean?

When people say by pm, normally mean asking for money

davorsule
22nd March, 2020, 11:03 AM

nascochipa helped me with advice, and explained me some details.

naskochipa
22nd March, 2020, 11:07 AM

You are not right I just saw that other colleagues started helping and I said if she needed to write to me I did not want money a nice day

AVDigitale
22nd March, 2020, 11:40 AM
you tested in dyno or in mind you have 145 hp ,if you have 145 hp you have some smoke because is old car and injectors are not new
for more power turbo can't handle over 1.3 bar too long so for more power big turbo and ic yes

davorsule
22nd March, 2020, 11:49 AM
you tested in dyno or in mind you have 145 hp ,if you have 145 hp you have some smoke because is old car and injectors are not new
for more power turbo can't handle over 1.3 bar too long so for more power big turbo and ic yes

isn't tested on dyno, no smoke,
I will measure map values, and post results. When I looked in vcds MB max boost was= about 2200 mbar=1,2 bar

AVDigitale
22nd March, 2020, 11:54 AM
this engine with stock parts can go to 160 hp the max ,but how long will take i don't know
if you like more power install big turbo IC ,injectors and you will more power
but need to know and mechanical parts can't handle too much power for example camshaft,crankshaft ,cylinders :)

davorsule
22nd March, 2020, 12:01 PM
this engine with stock parts can go to 160 hp the max ,but how long will take i don't know
but need to know and mechanical parts can't handle too much power for example camshaft,crankshaft ,cylinders :)

YES, I agree.I'm mechanic so I now what's going on and depend on driving circumstances.

davorsule
22nd March, 2020, 06:51 PM

Here's dynamic log so you can see what's going on with rpm,iq, duration, smoke and torque limitations, maf, and boost values with 100 % acc. pedal depressed.

Uphill driving in 4. gear, at altitude 950 meter, 898 mbar atmospheric pressure.
If I analyze this measure blocks, I see that rpm is increasing, boost is raising to 2200 mbar and then drops to 2100 mbar = about 1,2 bar (because of boost limitation), injection quantity is
increasing to 55 mg/s and decreasing to 51 mg/s, obviously because of decreasing smoke limit.
Why boost is decreasing from some point? RPM is increasing from 2300 to 2800 1/min! Is it because of turbocharger back pressure from exhaust gasses or maybe turbo LIMIT map which is at this point 1,05 bar. Engine is with CAT.