PDA

View Full Version : New laptop, Netgear router 'Acess Type - No Internet Access'

Cosworth
9th January, 2010, 07:29 PM
Hi,

I've been using a Netgear router for well over a year, I needed to do this to work from home via my employers equipment. My ISP is VM.

Just brought a new laptop and went through the connection setup on Windows 7, i can connect to the router successfully however have no internet access, it also states this in the 'Network & Sharing Centre'. The ethnet light on the NTL250 modem just flashes. Plugged in an etnet cable direct from modem to laptop and online instantly!

I reverted back to my works laptop and this works straight away on wireless.

I've been trying to sort for hours with no success, can anyone help or advise?

Thanks

bigfella
10th January, 2010, 01:53 AM
Hi,

I've been using a Netgear router for well over a year, I needed to do this to work from home via my employers equipment. My ISP is VM.

Just brought a new laptop and went through the connection setup on Windows 7, i can connect to the router successfully however have no internet access, it also states this in the 'Network & Sharing Centre'. The ethnet light on the NTL250 modem just flashes. Plugged in an etnet cable direct from modem to laptop and online instantly!

I reverted back to my works laptop and this works straight away on wireless.

I've been trying to sort for hours with no success, can anyone help or advise?

Thanks

is the laptop wireless enabled ..have u turned the wireless card on ,,on the laptop

Cosworth
10th January, 2010, 11:25 PM
Yes i have, its all on and connected to the router just doesn't allow internet access.

I've reinstalled/updated drivers, disabled all the firewalls and security but nothing seems to work.

Could it be Windows 7?

bigfella
11th January, 2010, 03:40 AM
Yes i have, its all on and connected to the router just doesn't allow internet access.

I've reinstalled/updated drivers, disabled all the firewalls and security but nothing seems to work.

Could it be Windows 7?

u cud do a factory reset on the router ..usually lil pin hole pressed and start again a fresh

cloudnineuk54
11th January, 2010, 03:58 AM
also in network and shareing centre best to have it set to home and not public,,so im told

aljoscha
11th January, 2010, 08:30 PM
is your gateway set to your router ip by dhcp?
if not, try to do it by hand.

Cosworth
11th January, 2010, 10:17 PM
Reset the routher, and gateway IP is set correctly by DHCP but still nothing.

Losing the will to live with this, tried the old laptop again which has an older version of windows and thats fine, no problems at all!

cloudnineuk54
11th January, 2010, 10:30 PM
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (2) nwkmag3.rar (http://www.4shared.com/file/156972545/c545393e/_2__nwkmag3.html)

when i had similiar issues this sorted mine,worth a bash

Cosworth
12th January, 2010, 12:17 AM
I extracted and patched the file, ran the program, it picked up the router however in order to complete the program it needs internet access (which is the initial problem) should i have done something else?

cati
12th January, 2010, 12:24 AM
i had the same problem with vista, i ought a new router, after 3 months i tried and it worked, its strange but it works for 2 otr three months then it stops.

cloudnineuk54
12th January, 2010, 03:20 AM
I extracted and patched the file, ran the program, it picked up the router however in order to complete the program it needs internet access (which is the initial problem) should i have done something else?

hi mate t thought you could connect through ethernet and run it,,also in tools in browser its not ticked to run offline? just another thought

Cosworth
14th January, 2010, 11:44 PM
Appreciate everyone's help, all those who advised have been thanked!

I tried absolutely everything, all your suggestions. After hours of trying I got hold of a different router and thankfully it works!

Old router....Netgear DG834GT

New router...Netgear WNR834B, Windows 7 compatible!...and only 25 notes!

bigfella
15th January, 2010, 11:06 PM
glad u got sorted in the end ,thanks for lettin u kno how u got on:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey: